Need some help - what brakes are these?

RageX

If a couple of reputable brake workshops have a look at the brakes and actually tell me that they are not bad, and that it is definitely better than the stock, I think its hard to ask for more. They have also passed the yearly inspections. Unless I track down the specific brand and model of it and do a lot of indepth research lol.

That said I haven't heard someone sing such high praises for BMW's stock brakes yet, but I haven't done much research. I do hear of people complaining about BMW's stock brake pads though. If the stock brakes are that good then I will go ask around the scrapyards for used calipers and the assembly. New stock rotors and pads are pretty cheap from the stockists. Mine is E85/E86 so I don't think yours will fit  [laugh]

Thanks very much for your help  [thumbsup]

If look can give assurance, hmmmmm.

Most of the complaint about BMW stock pad (i.e.textar) is dusty.  It is an undeniable facts.

Of course there are brake pad in the market that is not so dusty.  A lot of ws is selling them.

↡ Advertisement

If look can give assurance, hmmmmm.

Most of the complaint about BMW stock pad (i.e.textar) is dusty.  It is an undeniable facts.

Of course there are brake pad in the market that is not so dusty.  A lot of ws is selling them.

Lol that's a good point. Maybe to them the Taiwanese brakes all look similar and have similar characteristics.

Dusty brake pads meaning... the pad generates brake dust during use?

Lol that's a good point. Maybe to them the Taiwanese brakes all look similar and have similar characteristics.

Dusty brake pads meaning... the pad generates brake dust during use?

Stock brake pad generates a lot of brake dust.  Even my black rim also can see the dust.

Stock brake pad generates a lot of brake dust.  Even my black rim also can see the dust.

Better to wear the pad than the rotor, isnt it? I read that those less dust ones end up will have more rotor wear, and rotor more expensive to replace.

• Praise 1

If those are gen, apparently there's a serial on the calipers to validate them via the Brembo's App.

On the topic of identifying brakes. Could I request for some thoughts around the attached screenshot?

I've not see a Brem in this specific model and the price.... hmm...

Also how are everyone thoughts on comparing those local brands we have at so many workshops?

post-119411-0-29714900-1473078893_thumb.png

If those are gen, apparently there's a serial on the calipers to validate them via the Brembo's App.

On the topic of identifying brakes. Could I request for some thoughts around the attached screenshot?

Also how are everyone thoughts on comparing those local brands we have at so many workshops?

If I recall my research original Brembos are slotted OR cross-drilled but never both.

• Praise 1

If I recall my research original Brembos are slotted OR cross-drilled but never both.

so aside to the funky looking caliper, looks like the disc authenticity is suspicious...

wow the price is so attractive...

I was quoted S$2.4k for brembo 4pot with rotors from Italy (some ws provide Taiwan rotors)

wow the price is so attractive...

I was quoted S$2.4k for brembo 4pot with rotors from Italy (some ws provide Taiwan rotors)

chatted with dealer... told its a f50 caliper but it sure dosent look anything like an f50