What did you makan today? The 2nd story!

RadX

After yesterday's heavy meals, time to have a relax smooth meal :)

Tau Huey aka 豆花 :)

Hope every bro will have days ahead as smooth as tau huey :))

post-34883-0-51526000-1472957613_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 7

OK concluded my 烧肉 experiment.

Used 2 methods of prep.

Method 1 - not blanching the skin and baking the belly with coarse salt layer on top.

https://youtu.be/Fr6xswgiIyA

20160904_134635.jpg

Method 2 - blanching the skin on the prior night. Similar to this method. Can see the photo shows the blanched skin

http://ieatishootipost.sg/ieats-chinese-roast-pork-siu-yuk-sio-bak-recipe-ii/

20160904_134721.jpg

I'm not the biggest fan of siu yuk. Both methods give decent roast pork . Better than market level roast pork. Not as good as the restaurant level especially good ones.

I would say method 2 is superior. My wife thinks it's more juicy. Probably because lower temperature cooking with no foil insulating. Also method one. The coarse salt tends to fall down into the sides and mix with the meat juices. Makes the bottom and sides very salty. Had to trim off those.

I still prefer char siew lol

• Praise 15

OK concluded my ç§è experiment.

Used 2 methods of prep.

Method 1 - not blanching the skin and baking the belly with coarse salt layer on top.

https://youtu.be/Fr6xswgiIyA

20160904_134635.jpg

Method 2 - blanching the skin on the prior night. Similar to this method. Can see the photo shows the blanched skin

http://ieatishootipost.sg/ieats-chinese-roast-pork-siu-yuk-sio-bak-recipe-ii/

20160904_134721.jpg

I'm not the biggest fan of siu yuk. Both methods give decent roast pork . Better than market level roast pork. Not as good as the restaurant level especially good ones.

I would say method 2 is superior. My wife thinks it's more juicy. Probably because lower temperature cooking with no foil insulating. Also method one. The coarse salt tends to fall down into the sides and mix with the meat juices. Makes the bottom and sides very salty. Had to trim off those.

I still prefer char siew lol

Wow. Look very pro
  • Praise 5

the korean meal by the korean couple?

where they move to?

the fat auntie would sit at counter and use mic to inform his hubby of the order

last time at concord hotel next to orchard plaza. they employed lots of helpers....business damn good

This one at Great World City.

The one u say they r still at Concorde Hotel on lvl 2 at the right corner (nearer to Plaza Sin)

• Praise 2

which one taste the best?

I'm assuming the USA seedless taste the most normal.

I like the Korean grapes, eat it differently... [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

copy for google:

1. Using a thumb and forefinger, they bring one plump grape to their lips and they start sucking on it while lightly pinching the other end. Interestingly enough, the flesh will neatly pop out (I’ve had instances where some juice squirted out the other end, though) and into your mouth.
  2. Discard the skin.
  3. Spit out the seeds and proceed to process the grape or lightly chew the grape flesh without breaking open the seeds and swallow.
  • Praise 3

I like the Korean grapes, eat it differently... [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

copy for google:

1. Using a thumb and forefinger, they bring one plump grape to their lips and they start sucking on it while lightly pinching the other end. Interestingly enough, the flesh will neatly pop out (I’ve had instances where some juice squirted out the other end, though) and into your mouth.
  2. Discard the skin.
  3. Spit out the seeds and proceed to process the grape or lightly chew the grape flesh without breaking open the seeds and swallow.

wah got seed. boycott!  [:p]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1