What did you makan today? The 2nd story!

RadX

Hypersonic

Influenced by many forumers here, I started to watch my carbohydrates intake recently and this is a good alternative to rice and noodle for me.

Red Bean + Barley Soup

2mfx8v4.jpg

6f5jc1.jpg

2wck4tv.jpg

Quite easy to get it done.

1) Wash and soak the bean & barley for say 30 - 60 min (freeze it over night in freezer compartment would be even better)

2) Bring it to boil for 15 - 20 min and place it in thermal cooker and I will be able to enjoy the soup in the evening when I am back from work.

My wife will usually prepared it before she goes to work, so she will freezes the soaked bean and barley at night, cook them when she wake up and transfer it to the thermal cooker before she leaves home, relatively hassle free.

BTW, I am using this thermal cooker, excellent heat retention property. Recommended!

10000633_6%20(1).jpg

If u don't add sugar, then it's a good alternative.
  • Praise 6

Can go hungry very fast if it is to replace main meals

I like porridge with barley or porridge with beans

foodandspice.blogspot

barley.jpg

Influenced by many forumers here, I started to watch my carbohydrates intake recently and this is a good alternative to rice and noodle for me.

Red Bean + Barley Soup
2mfx8v4.jpg
6f5jc1.jpg
2wck4tv.jpg

1) Wash and soak the bean & barley for say 30 - 60 min (freeze it over night in freezer compartment would be even better)
2) Bring it to boil for 15 - 20 min and place it in thermal cooker and I will be able to enjoy the soup in the evening when I am back from work.

My wife will usually prepared it before she goes to work, so she will freezes the soaked bean and barley at night, cook them when she wake up and transfer it to the thermal cooker before she leaves home, relatively hassle free.

BTW, I am using this thermal cooker, excellent heat retention property. Recommended!

10000633_6%20(1).jpg

• Praise 22

Hypersonic

Red Bean + Barley Soup

2mfx8v4.jpg

6f5jc1.jpg

2wck4tv.jpg

10000633_6%20(1).jpg

I have been eating green bean soup all time.. Will try the red beans next. Maybe throw in some cashew nuts for the anti- gut cancer properties..

• Praise 4

I have been eating green bean soup all time.. Will try the red beans next. Maybe throw in some cashew nuts for the anti- gut cancer properties..

Am a green bean person too. I take it for cooling and detox.

• Praise 6

Hypersonic

Long Long time no eat this liao.

Went to eat yesterday and realised price went up by so much. 

$5 plus excluding otak for this. 

post-65056-0-16296900-1495760238_thumb.jpg

• Praise 19

Hypersonic

Am a green bean person too. I take it for cooling and detox.

Hi Five..  Sometimes I would make alot of soup, and filled the soup into a few water bottles and leave them overnite in the fridge for the next day hydration for my run.  Feel more hydrated than drinking isotonic water.  

But cannot keep for more than 2 days, the water will turned slightly sour. But I drank them anyway, not to waste the hard work.

• Praise 7

Hypersonic

@blueray, @ender , me also green bean man, I can finish the whole pot alone, but must have gula melaka and coconut milk to go with.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 6

Anyone know how the Lor Neng with soft yolk was made? Slow / Low temp cooking?

2qny35z.jpg

Is it 啊南小碗面

Long Long time no eat this liao.

Went to eat yesterday and realised price went up by so much.

$5 plus excluding otak for this.

328 laksa ?

• Praise 9

timing is crucial. About 6-7 minutes normal boiling

go google ramen egg, plenty of recipes around

• Praise 5

Hypersonic

wah looks like 国宴, you meet XJP in private? :D

9-10_n_korea_china_2.jpg

Didn't know @Enye is that bui bui.... no wonder he said he's 165kg [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 9

Hypersonic

2qny35z.jpg

There are two ways of making it.

Cooking the egg first then marinating it. Vs braising it. Which the 2nd method will find it very difficult to achieve the perfect soft yolk.

Very simple. Room temperature eggs (very important step) Lower gently into boiling water. If Just three or four eggs in a small pot. Then I think 6 mins is just nice. Plus minus a few mins depending ding on size of pot Then take out and run in running tap water or immerse in ice bath.

Then peel and Marinate in braising sauce.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2