What did you makan today? The 2nd story!

RadX

any list.. that has kim hokkien mee inside .. lose alot of credibility for me...  

Great you say so cos I never tried Kim hokkien mee before. Nam Seng at Old airport so far the best fried hokkien mee for me.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Great you say so cos I never tried Kim hokkien mee before. Nam Seng at Old airport so far the best fried hokkien mee for me.

Kim is walking distance from my place....   i drive to nam seng for my hokkien mee fix.  Good enough sir?  [laugh]

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

I went for the 24.90 lobster , smallest .  Bo lwee la . this meal equivalent to 10 chicken rice .  very siong already . (pic only showed 1/2 of it ) 

Taste so so only. Lobster and prawns all "well done" .  Soup too artificial 

agreed, the soup is also not the type that i like. 

Think many people also just tried once only, that's why now no more queue. 

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

agreed, the soup is also not the type that i like. 

Think many people also just tried once only, that's why now no more queue. 

The amk lobster noodle is it?

Saw the young owner on a tv programme. He seems like someone who holds quite high standards.

• Praise 1

The amk lobster noodle is it?

Saw the young owner on a tv programme. He seems like someone who holds quite high standards.

yap amk ave4 

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

yap amk ave4 

Hope he can modify his recipe to improve the taste then. Cos he's actually very particular about how he do every step of the preparation process. 

Even the professional chefs were quite impressed by his meticulousness. They were full of praise for him.

He's a serious young man.

I've been wanting to try it out. but no chance yet.

If u find his prawns more cooked than usual, he has very strong opinions on how a prawn should be cooked. He says most people undercook the prawns, and he thinks its harmful to the male body.

His father work in some line involving seafood. So he's been handling seafood since he was in his teens.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Hope he can modify his recipe to improve the taste then. Cos he's actually very particular about how he do every step of the preparation process.

Even the professional chefs were quite impressed by his meticulousness. They were full of praise for him.

If u find his prawns more cooked than usual, he has very strong opinions on how a prawn should be cooked. He says most people undercook the prawns, and he thinks its harmful to the male body.

His father work in some line involving seafood. So he's been handling seafood since he was in his teens.

I am ok with the lobster, prawn and clam.

It's the soup that I feel was not the type I like, don't mean it is not nice.

You should go try , at least something different from the usual prawn noodles.

• Praise 2

actually the prawn got a kind of taste ... hmm dont know how to put it . Doesnt feel like part of the prawn. 

WHen I was there , bum into an old friend ( he stay in JW) . He used to try the prawn noodle but after he found the White Bee Hoon (just behind the prawn noodle stall) , he is stuck with the white bee hoon. ......... I will try it out soon. 

• Praise 8

Hypersonic

bbq stingray. yummy.

the joy juice.

Kickapoo, Sinaco and A&W Rootbeer are soft drinks I like more ....... haha though these are not many ppl fav.
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Kickapoo, Sinaco and A&W Rootbeer are soft drinks I like more ....... haha though these are not many ppl fav.

too sweet liao. Last time loved it while growing up.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

Yah lor .. already quit soft drinks. Maybe drink not more than 5 times a years. [laugh] 

my kids' meal at Marche had a juice drink. So chose orange juice. 

The 2 kids drink a bit but not very interested. So me and my wife drank the rest, then she said yee sour one.

Then i drank, tastes normal leh. I told her this is what orange juice usually taste like unless u really get the sweeter oranges sometimes.  [laugh]

Hypersonic

Most of the juice in ntuc are "juice drink". I also don't drink [laugh]. Even they say "no sugar added" it just means no sugar added to the concentrate.

unless u want to pay for florida's natural. that's the only one that is real orange juice.

Orange juice is cheaper overseas though. I used to drink when i went to NZ or Australia.

My dad been squeezing orange juice for us manually almost weekly for the last 20 + years. I also did it for many years when i was growing up. 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Yeah, Florida's Natural is the only non-juice drink available here. Like our milk powder, they are 3 times cheaper in the U.S. 

well oranges arent cheap here also.

It takes about 3-3.5 oranges to get 250mls of juice or 1 house cup full.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1