COE Bidding - 1st Round of September 2016

Carbon82

any car dealer reduce the price for CAT A car since COE drop?

COE is a milking cow for ADs, how to lower price due to lower COE? Otherwise, no need to keep adjusting price. Just state a fixed price and you pay your desire COE price.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

ADs have their reputation to protect, they will refund or provide you an option to top up to G COE as a alternative.

Possible that AD is unable to fulfil G COE?

read 2 articles today in Straits Times. The key highlight is the weak market for car as quoted by the dealers themselves

Sure weak one. Why need ST to tell us? Those whom bought their ride at cheap coe era has already change car. Currently only left with those that couldnt afford or not gping to pay at so much higher coe price as previous will hold on. Those are the group that bought at the last ~ 2 years before the coe drought period begin
  • Praise 2

Possible that AD is unable to fulfil G COE?

In theory, not possible cos the contract buyer signs would have stated guaranteed COE so AD must get the buyer a COE by the cut off date. That said, there could be fine prints to get themselves out which most buyers don't read but I believe AD won't do this but I'm not sure about PI. So far I've not heard any complaint about AD not delivering guaranteed COE yet. And as some here have mentioned, AD has lots to lose if they don't deliver a guaranteed COE as their reputation will tank overnight and potential buyers will be wary.

• Praise 3

supply will never ever exceed demand ... huat ah!

the demand is always there ... depends how deep is buyer pocket

luckily there is Uber ... now everyone can buy car ... [thumbsup]

Looks like ADs are not getting their expected number of booking this time round. Of course that does not mean supply is higher than demand.

post-7984-0-91824900-1473551685_thumb.jpeg

post-7984-0-48659100-1473551947_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

OK.  Hearsay. Let assume true.

They are selling Wish at 105K, with barely a 5K margin and yet refund previous order.

Not very logical leh.

Anyway, my stand is very simple one.  ALWAYS NG hor.

Seller have a choice to DELIVER the CAR or REFUND.

In the event of REFUND, don't expect me to buy from you AGAIN ...... You failed me hor.

We are talking about a 100K deal hor, not the Fried Bee Hoon shop no open today, I can always tomorrow lor.

This is the definition of REFUND.  They are telling you to F*** OFF, and if you still come back for a SECOND time, I really don't know what to say. 

I bought my Wish Std at $106,988 including top up of $4,000 for COE. Initial book under NG.

Here are the facts & figures of which some are based on my assumption only as below,

PARF at 10 year is $9,977

OMV ----------------------$19,955 (I think it is the same for both Std & Elegance model)

ARF -----------------------$19,955

Excise Duty --------------$3,991

GST -----------------------$1,676

COE -----------------------$57,508

Cost ===============$103,085

Reg. fee ------------------$140

Road Tax -----------------$488

No. plate ------------------$30

IU ---------------------------$200

Cost ===============$858 (not sure this had already been included in the OMV anyway I just addup)

Accessories added===~$700 (HU, front DVR & reverse sensor) {As for Elegance model it maybe another 4 to 5K more}

Grand total ==========$104,643

So dealer margin is $106,988 - $104,643 = $2,345, so on paper it does look like a super value buy due to very low dealer margin. I don't think I will ever get the car if no topup for COE (But I don’t quite believe BM would make so less, any thing I miss out hur???)

Ya, I have a loan and the total interest is $4,760 and the Insurance at $1,3xx through them.

If the offer car price is too low then we should expect the bid for your COE will be limited since it is based on projected lower COE during the contract period. So in situation like this should consider for G COE if the premium is not too high unless you are not in a hurry to get the car so may as well try your luck.

BTW seriously, I had actually contributed $19,955 + $3,991 + $1,676 + $57,508 = $83,130 to our Nation Building Fund while buying this new car.

• Praise 4

Congra !! you got your car !!!

Ya ....... when I see 105K, I also dare not sign as they are not making money. We all study in school that say a company is an entity formed solely to make money lor.

If I had signed it, I am sure they are going to ask me to top up.  Which violate my rule that no topup.  If refund, then don't expect me to buy from you again.  The good news is don't buy from BM can always go to PI.

Also, in my neighbourhood, all new Wish are PI lor.  Those old wish also PI.  Not A SINGLE WISH from BM lor.

Hard press for Sale Quota, PI taking quite a fair bit and worse selling to LCR (lost opportunity cost).  And Altis brand is now a Uber Car lor, 

That why LCR took 1000 attrage ah ???

Yesterday I saw a LCR Mazda 3 SLF lor ........ Mazda also can Uber.

I bought my Wish Std at $106,988 including top up of $4,000 for COE. Initial book under NG.

Here are the facts & figures of which some are based on my assumption only as below,

OMV ----------------------$19,955 (I think it is the same for both Std & Elegance model)

Cost ===============$858 (not sure this had already been included in the OMV anyway I just addup)

Accessories added===~$700 (HU, front DVR & reverse sensor) {As for Elegance model it maybe another 4 to 5K more}

So dealer margin is $106,988 - $104,643 = $2,345, so on paper it does look like a super value buy due to very low dealer margin. I don't think I will ever get the car if no topup for COE (But I don’t quite believe BM would make so less, any thing I miss out hur???)

Ya, I have a loan and the total interest is $4,760 and the Insurance at $1,3xx through them.

If the offer car price is too low then we should expect the bid for your COE will be limited since it is based on projected lower COE during the contract period. So in situation like this should consider for G COE if the premium is not too high unless you are not in a hurry to get the car so may as well try your luck.

BTW seriously, I had actually contributed $19,955 + $3,991 + $1,676 + $57,508 = $83,130 to our Nation Building Fund while buying this new car.

School holiday only started this week. You think yesterday's COE depend on buyers who buy car this week?

This one is a trend going forward mah...this week sentiment and market conditions will predict the trend in next few bids bah.

Dont worry everyone. COE will not crash. Ah Gong will protect its rice bowl. 100% loan for 10yrs will come in soon. if cannot then 120% for 10yrs. 

• Praise 1

Cost ===============$858 (not sure this had already been included in the OMV anyway I just addup)

Accessories added===~$700 (HU, front DVR & reverse sensor) {As for Elegance model it maybe another 4 to 5K more}

So dealer margin is $106,988 - $104,643 = $2,345, so on paper it does look like a super value buy due to very low dealer margin. I don't think I will ever get the car if no topup for COE (But I donât quite believe BM would make so less, any thing I miss out hur???)

BTW seriously, I had actually contributed $19,955 + $3,991 + $1,676 + $57,508 = $83,130 to our Nation Building Fund while buying this new car.

Like many ppl and me contributed to nation building (no choice), Majulah Singapura
↡ Advertisement