COE Bidding - 1st Round of September 2016

Carbon82

My colleague booked altis NG after 6 bids refund. Didn't want to top up, bo bao jiak one lah.

Edited by Club21z
↡ Advertisement

Look like that .... COEs had seen its lows earlier this year.

I have ever highlighted last yr that if we based on history, typically coe is lowest at early or end of each yr. however, someone have nullified my logic. These group of folk only know how to debate but when reallity do happen, they hide behind their curtain.

Btw, these group of folk are those that always bet coe drop every round

Edited by Axela72

My colleague booked altis NG after 6 bids refund. Didn't want to top up, bo bao jiak one lah.

Ya heard some booked the Wish when Car B crash non guaranteed package. They recently got back their deposits. If you think price going up then take the Guaranteed package . But if you feel will go down then try NG can save 3 to 4 k .

Wow ...... this is the first time I heard they let you off so easily.

Anyway, I think they are fighting fiercely with Honda lor ....... The last time, the SE said take NG, just like my previous ride NG kenna.

• Praise 1

Suggested to my friend to negotiate for guarantee COE if interested as Cat B seems strong.

Recent Eclass is popular I think. Not to say vying cat b with popular models like Wish , xtrail odyssy etc Edited by Alantic82
  • Praise 1

I almost forgot, ask your friend to go test drive.  SE will SMS you better offer lor and usually come with FREE GCOE upgrade lor.

Suggested to my friend to negotiate for guarantee COE if interested as Cat B seems strong.

Should go down since showrooms are quieter even though it is a 3-week bidding period.

My Guess Cat A go down a bit and Cat B go up a bit.

Cat A $52,900

Cat B $56,900

I have ever highlighted last yr that if we based on history, typically coe is lowest at early or end of each yr. however, someone have nullified my logic. These group of folk only know how to debate but when reallity do happen, they hide behind their curtain.

Btw, these group of folk are those that always bet coe drop every round

Based on your six sigma analysis?

How many std dev ? What's your p- value? Lol

• Praise 1

Recent Eclass is popular I think. Not to say vying cat b with popular models like Wish , xtrail odyssy etc

Wanted a test drive E class and the SE says gotta make appt !  Just goes to show the interest there.

But as I have said, if people scrap their car and that old COE gets recycled into the system, and at same time buys a new car that requires a new COE, its a zero sum game as far as demand supply goes.  This alone wont push up COE

Net net its the total number of car buyers that drives COE prices up and bcos foreigners continue to flow in SG and compete with locals for COE, this COE thingy is not gonna go much lower.  It fact it will push marginal owners out of car ownership.  Sad but real.

Edited by Ahbengdriver

not sure if any of you read the govt budgets...

the LTA forecast budget is based on COE 50+k.....lol

Wanted a test drive E class and the SE says gotta make appt !  Just goes to show the interest there.

But as I have said, if people scrap their car and that old COE gets recycled into the system, and at same time buys a new car that requires a new COE, its a zero sum game as far as demand supply goes.  This alone wont push up COE

Net net its the total number of car buyers that drives COE prices up and bcos foreigners continue to flow in SG and compete with locals for COE, this COE thingy is not gonna go much lower.  It fact it will push marginal owners out of car ownership.  Sad but real.

this one don't need to use 6 sigma. Common folk can easily see the tread on when is the typical lowest coe each year base on past few years data. However, do take note that need to minus away those assignable cost for better accuracy.

Too bad that I didn't trust my own judgement but listen to others here which resultant me to miss the boat.

Based on your six sigma analysis?

How many std dev ? What's your p- value? Lol

• Praise 1

this one don't need to use 6 sigma. Common folk can easily see the tread on when is the typical lowest coe each year base on past few years data. However, do take note that need to minus away those assignable cost for better accuracy.

Too bad that I didn't trust my own judgement but listen to others here which resultant me to miss the boat.

Did you get it eventually?

Think the COE this round should drop. My dealer just placed a bid for my booking at $46K and my SE is quite confident saying that the palced bid should be able to secure. :) [;)]

↡ Advertisement