2017 Kia Rio

Thecarboy302

Hot on the heels of new Verna (Accent), here is the brand new Kia Rio to be officially unveiled at Paris Motor Show next month. Think it looks more grown up than current Rio hatchback (which was on sale for a short period of time locally). Curious to see how the 4-door saloon model will turn out to look like. Hope to see C&C bring in both 4 and 5-door model when it eventually arrives here. 

post-104770-0-20319100-1472822989_thumb.jpg

post-104770-0-89335300-1472823018_thumb.jpg

post-104770-0-15504100-1472823034_thumb.jpg

Source: https://www.netcarshow.com/kia/2017-rio/

Edited by Thecarboy302
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The last Rio was really quite excellent... I took a few looks at it at the showroom. Spent quite a bit of time sitting in the car and feeling around. It had a lot of features and had a premium compact hatch feel inside. Of course the price was the same as the mid-range Forte so I couldn't see how they could sell it in our market.

If C&C decides on the same strategy don't expect to see any on the road... Korean badge plus premium price... no go in Singapore.

looks a lil vw polo-ish; hope the length n wheel base r longer than polo though.

nice front n rear lamp designs w simple interior n controls; hope the audi-like golfball-like gear knob is for auto instead of manual.

kia design getter better n more mature, i like.

• Praise 1

looks a lil vw polo-ish; hope the length n wheel base r longer than polo though.

Kia Rio (previous one): L 4,050, W 1720 H 1455 WB 2570

Polo: 3972 x 1682 x 1453, WB 2470

RIo slightly bigger all around.

For comparison, Golf: 4255  x 1799 x  1452, WB 2637

As far as WB is concerned Rio is closer to Golf than to Polo.

Hot on the heels of new Verna (Accent), here is the brand new Kia Rio to be officially unveiled at Paris Motor Show next month. Think it looks more grown up than current Rio hatchback (which was on sale for a short period of time locally). Curious to see how the 4-door saloon model will turn out to look like. Hope to see C&C bring in both 4 and 5-door model when it eventually arrives here. 

Source: https://www.netcarshow.com/kia/2017-rio/

Rio will have 5 door? Don't remember the previous Rio having a saloon model for quite sometime already but it would be good to have more choices [thumbsup]

That said, will it undercut the K3? It's normally this reason for local ADs not to bring in a lower end model so as not to eat into the sales of a bigger sibling.

• Praise 4

Kia Rio (previous one): L 4,050, W 1720 H 1455 WB 2570

Polo: 3972 x 1682 x 1453, WB 2470

RIo slightly bigger all around.

For comparison, Golf: 4255 x 1799 x 1452, WB 2637

As far as WB is concerned Rio is closer to Golf than to Polo.

length n width closer to polo while wb closer to golf. Good to know it's overall toward golf size. Another key point would be bonnet length wc affect cabin spaciousness.

show this view then can "feel" the length..

Kia-Rio-2017-1024-02.jpg

now, this looks kind audi a3-ish; to be exact i think it should be betw a1 to a3 - how bout a2-ish?

one more try -

Kia-Rio-2017-1024-05.jpg

Rio will have 5 door? Don't remember the previous Rio having a saloon model for quite sometime already but it would be good to have more choices [thumbsup]

That said, will it undercut the K3? It's normally this reason for local ADs not to bring in a lower end model so as not to eat into the sales of a bigger sibling.

Current Rio has 4 door version overseas, available in Malaysia iirc. Would have been a decent alternative to Toyota Vios, Honda City and Nissan Almera if available locally. Which is why hoping if there are to be a 4 door version for this new generation, C&C would bring it in and with a good balance between features and price (clear distinction from Cerato Forte K3 EX).

Shouldn't be like the current Accent, not significantly far off in terms of pricing from the Elantra but features are lacking in many areas.

length n width closer to polo while wb closer to golf. Good to know it's overall toward golf size. Another key point would be bonnet length wc affect cabin spaciousness.

Best of both worlds then right? Easier to maneuver the car (outside smaller) yet more spacious inside :)

Sorry, don't mean to sound like a fan boy haha 

Best of both worlds then right? Easier to maneuver the car (outside smaller) yet more spacious inside :)

Sorry, don't mean to sound like a fan boy haha

Nothin about fanboy, dimension speaks for itself. Only dunno will handle like golf..

On second look, I think its a200-ish lol..

Current Rio has 4 door version overseas, available in Malaysia iirc. Would have been a decent alternative to Toyota Vios, Honda City and Nissan Almera if available locally. Which is why hoping if there are to be a 4 door version for this new generation, C&C would bring it in and with a good balance between features and price (clear distinction from Cerato Forte K3 EX).

Shouldn't be like the current Accent, not significantly far off in terms of pricing from the Elantra but features are lacking in many areas.

4 door as in a sedan? Don't think i would like that at all...for small hatch when made into sedan looks quite off for me. Look at Mazda 2 sedan....

show this view then can "feel" the length..

Kia-Rio-2017-1024-02.jpg

now, this looks kind audi a3-ish; to be exact i think it should be betw a1 to a3 - how bout a2-ish?

one more try -

Kia-Rio-2017-1024-05.jpg

To be honest i think i slight;y prefer the previous Rio. This Rio looks a bit, erm, "mature" which is itself not a bad thing. Just that i always felt the Rio was position as a young person's/boyracer wannabe fun car.

4 door as in a sedan? Don't think i would like that at all...for small hatch when made into sedan looks quite off for me. Look at Mazda 2 sedan....

To be honest i think i slight;y prefer the previous Rio. This Rio looks a bit, erm, "mature" which is itself not a bad thing. Just that i always felt the Rio was position as a young person's/boyracer wannabe fun car.

Boyracer also evolve ma.. Now manracer lol

Taste is always individual.

But I agree that sedan may not look as nice like mz2 sedan although mz design looked much better than previous - it doesn't look like patching a boot to a hatch.

Then again if design not mature enough can't compete in current mkt. Just look at similarly mature designs of other makes.