Hanjin shipping belly up

RadX

actually the Fintech industry is making headway and the EDI may become obsolete if a group of ngee Ann poly student is able to successfully introduce Blockchain into the industry with Customs taking the lead.

As much as I like the clean and honest way of the world, the resistance of certain 3rd party / country is the stumbling block in revolutionising and creating of the next wave.

I honestly believe that Singapore can be the platform to boost. However, hopefully it does not become a one hit wonder.  

I don't mind being a one hit wonder

but sadly one hit also dun have.

Same with toto, please just let me win

first prize tonight and I promise never

to buy again so other people can win.

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

I hear them scream depressed freights, but they are still offering me freights as high as during the boom time. Muahaha....

Maybe they want to be like petrol cartels in SG also.

• Praise 3

I hear them scream depressed freights, but they are still offering me freights as high as during the boom time. Muahaha....

Maybe they want to be like petrol cartels in SG also.

They are taking advantage  of routes  serviced by Hanjin; Sudden demand because of temporary/ sudden shortage becos of Hanjin ship arrests/ out of operation around the world; Here again the big players will muscle in the vacuum opportunity and even cherry pick the type of cargo they want to carry;  

Similar thing happened when bunkering company OW  Bunker closed or collapsed due to someone siponed money  ( about usd200m) ; the fuel rates went up suddenly for some time until some normalcy and Credit was restored in the market; Big players will always play around   

• Praise 1

Open channel 8 u will see her soon lol

China market can pay a lot higher. Think she might need to go work there soon.

• Praise 2

Any LSP contacts for transloading cargoes from Hanjin containers to another line for re-exporting out? [sweatdrop] Thanks in advance.  [thumbsup]

Edited by Kangadrool

Any LSP contacts for transloading cargoes from Hanjin containers to another line for re-exporting out? [sweatdrop] Thanks in advance.  [thumbsup]

your cargo stuck in HJ boxes in PSA or in another country/port?

Do be prepared for various terminal fees which are usually paid by the carriers but now have to be paid by the cargo owner. Think stevedorage, shut out, renom, PSA yard storage etc. Also, t/s status changes to local. Ironically, HJ will probably attempt to charge "change BL" fee and d/o fee while u hope for a refund of difference in o/freight.

for dry cargo, most 3rd party logistics companies with their own warehouses can handle the box-to-box transfer.

for reefer, I found a couple of 3rd party cold store operators.

for shipping rates, best to talk direct to the shipping lines, depending on the final destination of your cargo. If u prefer, a forwarder can also handle this.

• Praise 1

stucked at PSA Singapore.

Total mess I heard, need to deposit 5K/container to "redeem" HJ container? Doesn't help that calls to HJ SGP all went unanswered.

your cargo stuck in HJ boxes in PSA or in another country/port?

Do be prepared for various terminal fees which are usually paid by the carriers but now have to be paid by the cargo owner. Think stevedorage, shut out, renom, PSA yard storage etc. Also, t/s status changes to local. Ironically, HJ will probably attempt to charge "change BL" fee and d/o fee while u hope for a refund of difference in o/freight.

for dry cargo, most 3rd party logistics companies with their own warehouses can handle the box-to-box transfer.

for reefer, I found a couple of 3rd party cold store operators.

for shipping rates, best to talk direct to the shipping lines, depending on the final destination of your cargo. If u prefer, a forwarder can also handle this.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 2

Total mess I heard, need to deposit 5K/container to "redeem" HJ container? Doesn't help that calls to HJ SGP all went unanswered.

yes the $5k deposit is payable to PSA (not HJ), and is refunded upon return of the empty HJ container to PSA yard.

yep, no point calling HJ. Have to go physically to their office.

• Praise 1

Kor lian.

Yours was the nuclear reactor cargo stuck on the arrested hanjin vessel?  [lipsrsealed]

South Korean court declares Hanjin Shipping bankrupt

SEOUL: A South Korean court declared Hanjin Shipping bankrupt on Friday (Feb 17), after ruling earlier this month that the firm's liquidation value would be worth more than its value as a going concern.

Hanjin Shipping, which had been the world's seventh-largest container shipper, applied for court receivership in late August after its creditor banks halted further support.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/south-korean-court-declares-hanjin-shipping-bankrupt/3526778.html?cx_tag=recommend4ucna&cid=tg:recos:recommend4ucna:standard#cxrecs_s