Legal question

Piyopico

Equipments are used for F&B and only a few grand worth. Lease is not even $300 a month.

That is why I am not really considering legal means cos it will is really not worth the hassle.

But the boss is really mean and even use vulgarities on my staff..........

Noted. They refused to take back their equipments. I uninstall a few and just left it aside but they have not taken them away.

Know your position as a customer.

If the vendor behaves like this, he's not interested in your biz. So as a customer, should you continue to put up with this vendor?

F&B equipment is aplenty in the market. Terminate this damm vendor and ask them to collect the equipment. If they don't collect the equipment, throw them into one corner.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I read with great interest which reminds me not to take anything for granted and always have everything in writing to cover all HOLES.

My personal take is:

From the beginning, you have to clearly decide if (1) terminate service some point in time or (2) continue with the service.

If you are going to continue with their service for a foreseeable future then it would be to your advantage to negotiate a new contract in a friendly amicable manner.

If you are terminating their service some point in time, sooner than later but to continue end of existing contract, then let them know and be upfront and request for a copy of the contract to verify.

Going to the lawyers without knowing exactly what you really want is only going to make the lawyer rich but two other parties less friendly. Nobody likes to receive lawyer letter/s because they often write in the most unfriendly manner.

In short, first smile and if don't work than second bang table.

• Praise 6

I read with great interest which reminds me not to take anything for granted and always have everything in writing to cover all HOLES.

My personal take is:

From the beginning, you have to clearly decide if (1) terminate service some point in time or (2) continue with the service.

If you are going to continue with their service for a foreseeable future then it would be to your advantage to negotiate a new contract in a friendly amicable manner.

If you are terminating their service some point in time, sooner than later but to continue end of existing contract, then let them know and be upfront and request for a copy of the contract to verify.

Going to the lawyers without knowing exactly what you really want is only going to make the lawyer rich but two other parties less friendly. Nobody likes to receive lawyer letter/s because they often write in the most unfriendly manner.

In short, first smile and if don't work than second bang table.

Yap, I will try an amicable settlement first but if they dun reciprocate I will have to plug the HOLE.

• Praise 2

The leasing company business is so good that they can be stuck-up to customers??

TS, I agree with the suggestion just to serve them notice of lease termination, and see what happens.

They have no contract to refer to, either. At least for those that they never give you the document to sign.

Thanks guys.

Any Chinatown lawyer to recommend?

vision law llc at chinatown point. say your friend (friend of rayney wong) recommended you to use their services.

Edited by Acemundo
  • Praise 1

On the assumption that all bullies are hum ji, the moment you get A lawyer to write to them, probably they balls drop and matter resolved.

Find a Chinatown lawyer to do it, maybe $500 max for initial advice and first letter? Won't go court one lah, won't even go near.

Alternatively, if they don't collect, why don't you dump the equipment on them? Send termination letter by email and registered post, and upon termination date, bring the equipment to their premise. Make sure all your emails sound reasonable, and try to bait the other side to send you vulgarities ridden emails. Have fun.Ca

Can i know why chinatown lawyer are cheaper?

• Praise 1

Understand there are legal minds here, so would appreciate your input.

I lease a few equipments and have been paying the fee for a few months to even up to 2 years cos they are leased separately.

Only a few equipment has got signed contracts, many equipment did not come with any written or signed contracts as the salesman either did not prepare any or he prepared contracts with company names that are not those that were requested. He was supposed to change the names and come back with new contracts to be signed.

So a few months to more than 2 years have passed. No contracts signed for many equipments but we have been paying the invoices.

1. For equipments without any contracts that were signed by us, is there an implied contract?

2. For those contracts that were signed by us but we noticed that the company details are incorrect and requested that they be amended, are they valid even though we never receive any copy?

Right now the leasing company insist we are under "contract" but is refusing to provide details f when they end and insist we refer to our own copies.

Am stuck, I dun have any contract to refer to.

3. Can they refuse to give me a copy of these "contracts"? I just need certainty as to the expiry dates.

4. Worth taking it thru the legal route cos it's not a lot of money involved and legal fees won't be cheap?

Appreciate comments especially those who have met cases like this.

Thanks.

A simple comment.

Whatever you do next, make sure your email exchanges or if there is phone recordings are backed up and never deleted.

You need hardcopy. They don't give. No evidence and they can deny everything. When this happens and issues arise, the email exchanges or phonest recordings are crucial.

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 1

One question hope mcfers can help.

A teacher have an agreement with tuition centre that she should not take any students from the centre for 3 years if he decides to quit from there.

Tutor left the centre and went solo and started teaching students through recommendations and social media advertising.

Question is, if a particular student from the tuition centre quitted the school for more than a month and chanced upon the tutor through social media, can the teacher accept the student without risking to break the agreement?

A teacher have an agreement with tuition centre that she should not take any students from the centre for 3 years if he decides to quit from there.

Tutor left the centre and went solo and started teaching students through recommendations and social media advertising.

Question is, if a particular student from the tuition centre quitted the school for more than a month and chanced upon the tutor through social media, can the teacher accept the student without risking to break the agreement?

If it's me.

I will make the student's parents sign a consent form stating that 

a) they were the ones who approached me and i did not solicit the parents or the student

b) they are no longer members of the tutition center

c) They are aware of me only by coincidence, and that i did not send them any advertising in forms of email/social media invites

Or if I'm so popular, i just reject hahaha

This is something similar to doctors/dentists leaving a practice and pulling patients from their old workplace.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3

Have to take a look at the written agreement. 

If it's me.

I will make the student's parents sign a consent form stating that

a) they were the ones who approached me and i did not solicit the parents or the student

b) they are no longer members of the tutition center

c) They are aware of me only by coincidence, and that i did not send them any advertising in forms of email/social media invites

Or if I'm so popular, i just reject hahaha

This is something similar to doctors/dentists leaving a practice and pulling patients from their old workplace.

Enrollment form:

Name:

NRIc:

Address:

School:

Latest grades:

Was your child ever a student of xyz tuition center for the past 3 years? (If yes, please do not submit this enrollment form)

:XD:

i will answer you...  

confirm can..  

becoz.. SHE had an agreement.. but HE left the centre...  

Jokes aside...  it depends on the payout granted to the tuition centre.. whether its a worthwhile payout to pursue the case...  whether the tuition centre hates the tutor/desperate to ''protect'' its turf/wants to send out a message or not.

On top of that.. the tuition centre has to proof that it provided access for the tutor to the student.

Have to take a look at the written agreement.

The gist of agreement is the 3 years thingy not to touch their students.

But point to note is the student left the centre of month ago and there is no contact with the tutor what so ever until they found her on social media ads.

↡ Advertisement