• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
120 replies to this topic | 127 praises

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:23 AM

Help1
  • Premium member
    Help1
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

http://www.sgcarmart...e.php?AID=15533

new turbocharged 1.6-litre T-GDI engine, which will be available in Singapore in the fourth quarter of this year, comes with a new seven-speed Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT) and will deliver a responsive drive of up to 175bhp.

Axela72 praised this

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:25 AM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

this will put QQ, CX-5, CRV to shame ... lol

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:46 AM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I don't feel good about dct..

But current 2l one not as powerful as previous version

So far any issues on dct for veloster?
FS

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:28 PM

Columbian78
  • Columbian78
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Its main competitor in this category is the forester. I would definitely get the forester if I need performance.

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:38 PM

Lycanthrope
  • Lycanthrope
    5th Gear
    Author Image

tucson diesel is about the same price ..i guess

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:34 PM

Kar_lover
  • Premium member
    Kar_lover
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Its main competitor in this category is the forester. I would definitely get the forester if I need performance.

Subaru positioning is on performance. Just like if you are currently looking for the best performance sedan below $150k, it will easily be the WRX 2.0A. But strangely i have yet to see it on the road. It doesn't look half bad either. But i can't say the same for the Forester. I find the design too "traditional" SUV. 

Hopefully TT pricing will be within $6k to $8k of the "normal" petrol Tucson. I remember when Veloster Turbo first came out it was only a few thousand more than the NA version. Not sure why the price gap has increased so much today. Difference between Cat A and Cat B COE is not that much anyway.

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:04 PM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

if forester looks like QQ, Vezel or CX-5 ... it will be all over spore road liao

Subaru positioning is on performance. Just like if you are currently looking for the best performance sedan below $150k, it will easily be the WRX 2.0A. But strangely i have yet to see it on the road. It doesn't look half bad either. But i can't say the same for the Forester. I find the design too "traditional" SUV

Hopefully TT pricing will be within $6k to $8k of the "normal" petrol Tucson. I remember when Veloster Turbo first came out it was only a few thousand more than the NA version. Not sure why the price gap has increased so much today. Difference between Cat A and Cat B COE is not that much anyway.

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:57 PM

Columbian78
  • Columbian78
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Subaru positioning is on performance. Just like if you are currently looking for the best performance sedan below $150k, it will easily be the WRX 2.0A. But strangely i have yet to see it on the road. It doesn't look half bad either. But i can't say the same for the Forester. I find the design too "traditional" SUV.

One of the main changes is in the cevs policy. The turbo charged ver usually has higher banding.

Edited by Columbian78, 06 September 2016 - 03:58 PM.

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:11 PM

MQX87511
  • MQX87511
    4th Gear
    Author Image

http://www.sgcarmart...e.php?AID=15533

new turbocharged 1.6-litre T-GDI engine, which will be available in Singapore in the fourth quarter of this year, comes with a new seven-speed Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT) and will deliver a responsive drive of up to 175bhp.

Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT)? better keep away it [shakehead]

even German technology cannot tahan it, do you believe Korean can? :a-noway:

Nowadays CVT is the trend, fast responds and excellent FC  [thumbsup]    

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:30 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT)? better keep away it [shakehead]

even German technology cannot tahan it, do you believe Korean can? :a-noway:

Nowadays CVT is the trend, fast responds and excellent FC  [thumbsup]    

For DCT, are you talking about wet or dry clutch?  Don't hit 1 full basket with a rotan.

CVT is trendy among Jap for lack of low end torque.

flashbang and fisheryak praised this

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:25 PM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hyundai's DCT not a lot of problem reports. Just keep in mind the usual methods of preservation.

Hyundai is following the Germans, their 1.6 turbo is designed to provide higher power with efficiency of a smaller engine, rather than all out performance like the Forester XT. But this is still the Gamma engine, which I believe is their latest one yet. The 2.0L we are using might be the older, less efficient, Theta II.

As always I'm curious to see the equipment level on this turbocharged variant.

Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

Dabbler in digital graphics, computer assembly, tech and photography.
「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:33 PM

Ivanpaseo
  • Premium member
    Ivanpaseo
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

veloster non turbo already runs on dct, current carens diesel also on dct. Taxis optima are running on dct as well...

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:35 PM

chuanyan128
  • chuanyan128
    1st Gear
    Author Image

The Tucson 7 Speed DCT is dry clutch. Read some reviews, not bad should be quite fun but good luck.

For CVT..... it's about smooth and efficient rather then fun and fast respond.

Thats the downfall of Subaru, who wants a WRX with CVT? Answer is on the road, I see more Ferrari than WRX. Only Forester is selling well because its cheap and spacious with enough power.

Almost all Toyota models use CVT, smooth but boring. Wondering why only Lexus entry level uses it but not the rest?

fisheryak praised this

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:21 PM

teomingern
  • Premium member
    teomingern
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Not all dry clutches are made the same mah... so far, the Hyundai version has had no known issues unlike the Volkswagen version. Actually, that's not the only dry clutch DSG or dual clutch gearbox made by anyone... there are a few floating around... so far no issue... I think it's given a bad name by Volkswagen who miscalculated the design resulting in so many premature failures. It's once off... not going to happen again... everyone would have learnt from this sorry episode...

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:55 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Not all dry clutches are made the same mah... so far, the Hyundai version has had no known issues unlike the Volkswagen version. Actually, that's not the only dry clutch DSG or dual clutch gearbox made by anyone... there are a few floating around... so far no issue... I think it's given a bad name by Volkswagen who miscalculated the design resulting in so many premature failures. It's once off... not going to happen again... everyone would have learnt from this sorry episode...

Hyundai may even have learned from VW and improved their DCT... not being first to adopt new technology has its advantages.

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:39 PM

Wattokkingu
  • Wattokkingu
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Just google for Hyundai veloster dct, you will see quite a fair bit of complaints.
Fuelsaver praised this

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:49 PM

Axela72
  • Axela72
    6th Gear
    Author Image

if forester looks like QQ, Vezel or CX-5 ... it will be all over spore road liao

I have similar view before i own forester. However, after owning the car, the look grown on me. Now to me, it look as good as harrier and Tucson. Better look than those 3 u have highlighted.

Why not get one to confirm the hypothesis?
Columbian78 praised this
NoT foR tHe FaInT HeArt! CLICK & JOIN ME IF YOU DARE!

Knight
http://world5.knight...m...45&ref=link

Vampire
http://world8.monste...d&vid=190036371

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:52 PM

chuanyan128
  • chuanyan128
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Just google for Hyundai veloster dct, you will see quite a fair bit of complaints.

Oops... Good luck again.

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:44 AM

Holdenutessv
  • Premium member
    Holdenutessv
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Blueray, Angcheek and Mercs praised this
Error 404: Signature Not Found

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:16 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Tucson turbo for me. The japs juz doesn't cut it anymore.

Back to Korean Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: hyundai, hyundaikorean, tucson and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users