New Tucson turbocharged 1.6-litre in SG 4Q of 2016

Help1

Went to test drive today..

test drive both turbo and non-turbo..

with turbo the car drive feel really much better.

but the downside is no dual aircon zone, is single.. is handbrake not the stylist button one..

DCT really that bad huh?

In serious condition for this car.. lolx..

Any FB group around?

↡ Advertisement

Went to test drive today..

test drive both turbo and non-turbo..

with turbo the car drive feel really much better.

but the downside is no dual aircon zone, is single.. is handbrake not the stylist button one..

DCT really that bad huh?

In serious condition for this car.. lolx..

Any FB group around?

It's just been launched... no one owns this in Singapore yet... maybe you could be the first if you sign now... ke ke ke...

It's just been launched... no one owns this in Singapore yet... maybe you could be the first if you sign now... ke ke ke...

Haha I am tempted to.. But reading this forum on the downside of the gearbox really keeps me away from it.. Plus I only wanna drive it for 5 years.. Resale will be hard.

Plus is kinda hard for my wife to drive, side mirrors doesn't tilt down when reverse.. But I love this car design, C luxury feel.. Stupid handbrake really minus marks.. And the rear mirror as back camera, anyone try tweaking it to the main screen?

Turbocharged

Haha I am tempted to.. But reading this forum on the downside of the gearbox really keeps me away from it.. Plus I only wanna drive it for 5 years.. Resale will be hard.

Plus is kinda hard for my wife to drive, side mirrors doesn't tilt down when reverse.. But I love this car design, C luxury feel.. Stupid handbrake really minus marks.. And the rear mirror as back camera, anyone try tweaking it to the main screen?

Maybe the auto-dip function is kind of like mine; I have to select a mirror first and the car will auto-dip that mirror.

The rear view cam picture in the mirror is a thing Komoco likes to do, I'm not really sure it's a Hyundai thing. They did that for the i40 Estate as well.

Seriously DCT should be ditched into dustbin.

Conventional Torque converter and CVT is good enough and that's why aisin and ZF is still in business.

Imaging in a causeway jam and you are discourage to creep forward in a DCT, how?:a-no:

• Praise 1

Maybe the auto-dip function is kind of like mine; I have to select a mirror first and the car will auto-dip that mirror.

The rear view cam picture in the mirror is a thing Komoco likes to do, I'm not really sure it's a Hyundai thing. They did that for the i40 Estate as well.

Tried.. And confirm.. No memory seat no such function. Sad horx.. Suv need that and they forgot..

Tried.. And confirm.. No memory seat no such function. Sad horx.. Suv need that and they forgot..

Well for the price, you win some and lose some. If you want it all, they can be found in models and brands with higher premium.

Anyway tilting mirror module can be easily fixed aftermarket.

Handbrakes actually adds to the sporty feel but I know not everyone can stomach it as they felt its too brash, which I find it weird but that's just me.

Well for the price, you win some and lose some. If you want it all, they can be found in models and brands with higher premium.

Handbrakes actually adds to the sporty feel but I know not everyone can stomach it as they felt its too brash, which I find it weird but that's just me.

Yeah you are right.

Tilting aftermarket can? Den will be good!

When the Tucson launch I probably one of the first few to went to take a look. Just that only the 2.0 which I am not interested. Now the 1.6t is in. Definitely in consideration..

Jus praying for the reliability..

Turbocharged

I wouldn't be surprised if they trimmed... erm, the trim's spec to compensate for the likely higher OMV of units sporting the turbocharged engine. Every extra $1 in OMV is $2 in sales price margins.P

Though honestly it seems unwise to drag down the turbo's saleability with a splotchy equipment list.

Edited by 7hm

Confirm got wing mirror dip. Choose either side and both wing mirrors will dip when you engage the reverse gear.

Confirm got wing mirror dip. Choose either side and both wing mirrors will dip when you engage the reverse gear.

Yours have?

Cause I tested both 2.0 and 1.6t it doesn't work even base on your suggestion..

• Praise 1

imho, this Tuscon is pretty handsome [thumbsup]

the one and only thing i will nitpick is the centre console ... very kimchi-like

if they fix the centre console ... perfect!

post-7984-0-65350400-1474256658_thumb.jpg

post-7984-0-48141800-1474256663_thumb.jpg

post-7984-0-95426900-1474256668_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wt_know

wonder if we speak with our pockets, will KM bring in the 1,6T elantra sports wiyj 201bhp

How deep is your pocket? A 200bhp elantra could bring the price up to a sub 140k region.

Like that I go for WRX liao..

• Praise 1