Carpark Barrier Knocked My Bonnet

pills

I don't know why the carpark carrier came down and didn't detect my car when I was going into my condo.

Usually, it won't even come down when I follow closely behind the car in front and it did and I stopped and then it knocked my bonnet. Now has 2 small dent caused by metal and scratch somemore. Heart pain coz new car.

Where can I get these fixed without forking out too much? This is a SUBARU Forester. It's such a small damaged, like 2 dots but have to fix coz scratched. 

Can someone advise? Boohoo... Took car from hubby for 1 day and kena this. Am I sway or what? Or rather, is he sway or what...  [;)]

Edited by pills
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Yes, get it fix or rust may developed.

Members here will advise where are the optimal shop to visit, i have no experience sorry.

Yes, unlucky - new car and borrow from husband !

But perhaps check with condo management 

1) to ensure the fault will not happen again (hitting another car)

2) ? get some form of compensation.

if scratches can be polished off..  go to PDR.. think 50 for first dent.. subsequent much lesser... 

if repray whole bonnet .. wld be 100~250 there abts...  if frosted colour..  then more expensive lo

Yes, get it fix or rust may developed.

Members here will advise where are the optimal shop to visit, i have no experience sorry.

Yes, unlucky - new car and borrow from husband !

But perhaps check with condo management 

1) to ensure the fault will not happen again (hitting another car)

2) ? get some form of compensation.

1) The driver is at fault for tailgating. Nothing wrong with the barrier...

2) More likely get backcharged for damaging the barrier..

• Praise 3

Even tailgating doesnt mean the barrier should come down, right? There should be sensor to sense there is a car behind or near the barrier. Lol.

This happens in my condo as well. The barrier sometimes comes down suddenly even when i am the only car passing through.

That's why the management stated that drivers should not tailgate when passing through the barriers. If the barrier does come down, the driver can still reverse the car to pass through again.

So TS, it really was your own fault for tailgating.

2 many Neutral Newbies cars kenna....... what to say leh?? Keep distance always

Anyway 10 years will fly very fast in Singapore

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 1

I always follow behind and even security guard always ask us to go through fast to clear it. It detects and won't come down if "tailgating". In fact, if there's a distance between you and the car in front, the barrier will come down and jerk and go upwards if detect 2nd car.. Maybe not good for barrier, that's why security guard always ask us to go through fast if there's 2 cars.

Today is a part time security guard on duty. He claimed he didn't do anything so I am going to request to view video and will definitely feedback to management.

@SuPerBoRed, where's PDR? Thanks for your help!

Don't think mine is frosted colour.. It's the Forester Blue. 

Edited by pills

1) The driver is at fault for tailgating. Nothing wrong with the barrier...

2) More likely get backcharged for damaging the barrier..

You think barrier so easily spoil meh?

The impact is from top down, you think I driving tank and will spoil barrier meh?!

Edited by pills

I always follow behind and even security guard always ask us to go through fast to clear it. It detects and won't come down if "tailgating". In fact, if there's a distance between you and the car in front, the barrier will come down and jerk and go upwards if detect 2nd car.. Maybe not good for barrier, that's why security guard always ask us to go through fast if there's 2 cars.

Today is a part time security guard on duty. He claimed he didn't do anything so I am going to request to view video and will definitely feedback to management.

TS, I'm puzzled. you are entering your own condo, why need to tailgate? Not like there is gonna be extra charge to your car what. Won't hurt to go in one by one. But since you choose not to wait and took the risk then have to bear the consequences lor. 

Btw, PDR refers to Paintless Dent Removal.

• Praise 1

http://www.pdr.com.sg/

paintless dent removal.

High jack the thread alittle..

What if the barrier is manually operated by the security guard in guard house?

Happened to me once, the barrier was up. Guard told me clear to go in, so when i went in, i think he pressed the button to up the barrier thinking its in the down position to let me in without first checking the positioning of the barrier.

Can claim against the management like that? It's obviously due to the guard fault.

Edited by Spiritseye

Happened to me once, the barrier was up. Guard told me clear to go in, so when i went in, i think he pressed the button to up the barrier thinking its in the down position to let me in without first checking the positioning of the barrier.

Can claim against the management like that? It's obviously due to the guard fault.

Wah.. Power.. Then you claim guard lor. Management will not take responsibility 1 leh (IMO)

Actually, I suspect so also or it's just a sway accident. Coz the part timers are very ngiao, won't even come out of the guard house when there's delivery for eg. to check on the delivery guy's vehicle and take down details. They wanted to delivery guy to go to them instead and my guard house is high up. Some blur and didn't know and obviously didn't read sign that they have to go to guard house.

Once, I had to go down myself coz I thought guard was away, ended up guard sitting inside thinking he is king!  [bounce1]

I would want to claim against the management but feel bad for the guy who isn't earning much and will kena also. But they cannot happy happy just close on me if they don't see properly right? They can always follow me down the carpark and ask for details if they think I am not a resident. How can they damage someone's car?!  If I have driven faster, it may hit top of car and kena worse damage? Grr...

Hubby is in management committee anyway and he's going to ask them for video. If it's a freak accident then at least must make sure prob is rectified to prevent further cases on others too.

Anyway, did you manage to claim from you management for your case?

You are the driver driving your car leh.

You see danger coming , u still move your car as usual?

You need to stay alert for those unusual incident.

Edited by L23

Hey, if you press on accelerator already then the thing comes down suddenly, you think you have time to react until your car totally clear?

Wait til one of you guys kena. 

We're here to ask for solutions, why keep pointing out whose fault it is?

Edited by pills

By the way, for spray/touch up job, where in the east can I get it done cheap and fast? And of course a reliable place.

↡ Advertisement