Singapore Motor Show 2017

Vinceng

They threw in some cars as well. This one not just another level, another planet liao. 

I need to totally get a DJI Osmo the next time around. 

here's the event map, no i did not manage to cover the entire area even after 2 full days (9am-7pm) (+ I STILL managed to miss some interesting cars)

This is why any car-enthusiast needs to make at least one trip up. It's such a blast. 

tokyoautosalon2017_map.jpg

Edited by Mockngbrd
↡ Advertisement

subaru-singapore-motorshow-data.jpg

This year Motor Show most of the "HID" big & nice ...... [inlove]

HID is big ? is that the trend for new car design now? i still see halogen type around i thought all change to LED already. is that what you are referring to? [:p] i still like those with orange tip orange signal bulb. so cute especially if they can have them in pinkish...and tune them like radio knob.

Thanks for your confirmation. Russ used a few cars for the stunt. I believe the car are tuned to doing dedicated stunt. 

From the video that you captured, I was sitting at the same area as you.

First time watching the stunt show live, I was amazed. 

Im on the second row, on my left was an empty seat. I'm holding aSteadicam camera. Should be easy to spot, but you probably won't.

I was also hoping Russ would be more daring.. but year after year, its the same old trick.

Anyway, the whole place is so hot, I can't take it after 10 minutes and I wished I could walk off.

The host also quite lousy, for he had only faced the audience to our left. Just like Russ.

Very bad audience engagement as our rows were totally ignored.

More from the show i went :P

totally different level

did you "hoi hoi hoi" along with the song and dance as well while filming?

Im on the second row, on my left was an empty seat. I'm holding aSteadicam camera. Should be easy to spot, but you probably won't.

I was also hoping Russ would be more daring.. but year after year, its the same old trick.

Anyway, the whole place is so hot, I can't take it after 10 minutes and I wished I could walk off.

The host also quite lousy, for he had only faced the audience to our left. Just like Russ.

Very bad audience engagement as our rows were totally ignored.

hahaha ya... i am on 4th or 5th row. Did not notice aSteadicam.

It will be bored if same old trick. Hopefully some other car brands will participate as well. Not just subaru.

It is not that hot compare to outdoor.

The left row are the priority seats. Those queue in front will arrange to that area,

The host should have more interaction with the volunteers as well

Anyway, $8 is worth for this stunt show.

Well you have to find another car company willing to risk their cars in a stunt show, find another driver willing to come here and at the end of the day collect only $8 entrance fee.

We are a small nation and with so few attendees, high car prices and very price sensitive customers, I can't see another alternative.

Glen Tan should be congratulated for taking a risk. Good marketing for his Subaru cars.

We shouldn't be too concern with trying to close a deal in a car show.

After all, the name says it all - Car SHOW !!!

But Mazda and Suzuki and a few B&B car dealers seems too eager to sell their cars, and resorted to pasting huge price list stickers on their windscreen.. so ugly. 

You noticed that I avoided taking a video shot of these cars ( with price tags ) because I could had done that in a dealer's car showroom anyway.

Unfortunately many Singaporeans are just too narrow minded to actually hoped for freebies, discounts or cheap trills when they visit a car show like this, and then tries to tell their friends / colleagues " Wow I got a good deal .. blaah blah blahh..."

Come on, $2000 less or more is really no big fuss.

Salary $5000 average income, why want to worry about a $200 extra per annually ?

Free road tax ? Free petrol ? Free service ?

when I bought my car, I had already deliberately voided my 5 years warranty and 100,000 km mileage by going for my servicing outside, and modified my car parts.

A good car won't spoil so early. That's why they dare to offer you 5 years warranty. Because out of the average population, they probably only see 10% of lemon cars. 

And on the other hand, if you had bought a poor quality car brand, you think the dealers dare to offer you 5 years warranty ? I think 1 year they also worried you go back within 2 weeks.

• Praise 3

Well you have to find another car company willing to risk their cars in a stunt show, find another driver willing to come here and at the end of the day collect only $8 entrance fee.

We are a small nation and with so few attendees, high car prices and very price sensitive customers, I can't see another alternative.

Glen Tan should be congratulated for taking a risk. Good marketing for his Subaru cars.

Why don't invite Chris Harris?  It might attract more petrol head.

Oops! Singapore got no petrol head.

10% lemon cars is a high figure.

say say only.. if you agree that the lemons could be even less than 10%, then all the more we should encourage more drivers to go outside for service,  because it is FASTER, CHEAPER , BETTER. LOL

Twincharged

Hong Seh blamed high Taxes after 2013 Budget,make Maserati cannot sell,in my view,should blame the falling Oil Prices after 2015,causes alot of Oil & Gas Business Failed,hence SuperCars don't sell well....Lambo Agent also lost $$$...

Hong Seh blamed high Taxes after 2013 Budget,make Maserati cannot sell,in my view,should blame the falling Oil Prices after 2015,causes alot of Oil & Gas Business Failed,hence SuperCars don't sell well....Lambo Agent also lost $$$...

Maserati got an attractive lineup with some volume seller that are not supercar pricing.

Maserati got an attractive lineup with some volume seller that are not supercar pricing.

define not supercar pricing ? Hyundai type of car pricing ? [laugh]

Hypersonic

define not supercar pricing ? Hyundai type of car pricing ? [laugh]

Everything is relative bro.
↡ Advertisement