Singapore Motor Show 2017

Vinceng

I cannot understand by buying cheap/good deal in motorshow. the show is for your convenience like a one-stop shop (need money one). Not flea market (no need money one)

And exhibitors pay for such shows. And i believe it comes with a hefty price tag per booth.

So if such shows need money how to cheap sia. 

I remember way-back when my dad bought a parallel import fit with a non participating dealer. 

the boss of the company said "i rather pass the motorshow savings to consumer"

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I cannot understand by buying cheap/good deal in motorshow. the show is for your convenience like a one-stop shop (need money one). Not flea market (no need money one)

And exhibitors pay for such shows. And i believe it comes with a hefty price tag per booth.

I remember way-back when my dad bought a parallel import fit with a non participating dealer. 

Exhibitions are another form of Advertisement ...

Its Purpose is to Create a sort of Awareness to its Target Audience ...

As such, the main Purpose is to Promote rather than Sell ...

A "Budget" is usually Allocated for such Purpose ...

The "Cost" of the "Show" should not be passed down to the Consumer ... 

*Disclaimer : I just Say Say, only ... 

• Praise 2

Best deal is Kia K3 $82,999, the price you cannot resist, the car you cannot get; even cheaper than the earlier $84K Elantra which nobody gets. 

Wow. Either they have to sell with very slim profit margin or expected coming next 8 bidding of COE to drop below 43k.

• Praise 1

By participating in motorshow, I believe most dealers are adopting the "less profit higher sales" strategy.

It's easy for non participating dealers to say things like passing the savings back to consumer but in reality, most dealers do not practice what they say.

• Praise 2

By participating in motorshow, I believe most dealers are adopting the "less profit higher sales" strategy.

It's easy for non participating dealers to say things like passing the savings back to consumer but in reality, most dealers do not practice what they say.

SGP motor industry is unique that the total sales volume is capped by COE supply, when everyone starts to run promo at the same time like during Motor Show, everyone is competing for the same limited COE supply, I am sure they know very well no one will gain more sales significantly than others in a dog eat dog scenario.
  • Praise 2

Exhibitions are another form of Advertisement ...

Its Purpose is to Create a sort of Awareness to its Target Audience ...

As such, the main Purpose is to Promote rather than Sell ...

A "Budget" is usually Allocated for such Purpose ...

The "Cost" of the "Show" should not be passed down to the Consumer ... 

*Disclaimer : I just Say Say, only ... 

Exactly lor, like Pa mia siah

Best deal is Kia K3 $82,999, the price you cannot resist, the car you cannot get; even cheaper than the earlier $84K Elantra which nobody gets. 

Yeah, the $84K Elantra is dead and gone after 6 failed bids. Good riddance! Not happy for not topping up SE of KMC held the deposit cheque of 10K for 12 solid days before releasing it to me after I kpkb, hahaha. Understand there was also another forumer whose refund to his credit card was delayed for same period of time.

​Such is the game KMC is playing if you don't top up after booking at low price.

Pleased to inform that I have booked Honda City at 92999 last week with plenty of goodies and freebies. Although it is 6 bids non guarantee SE confirmed no problem can get COE next bidding on 18 January and car to be delivered on 11Feb 2017. Cheers.

• Praise 3

Yeah, the $84K Elantra is dead and gone after 6 failed bids. Good riddance! Not happy for not topping up SE of KMC held the deposit cheque of 10K for 12 solid days before releasing it to me after I kpkb, hahaha. Understand there was also another forumer whose refund to his credit card was delayed for same period of time.

​Such is the game KMC is playing if you don't top up after booking at low price.

Pleased to inform that I have booked Honda City at 92999 last week with plenty of goodies and freebies. Although it is 6 bids non guarantee SE confirmed no problem can get COE next bidding on 18 January and car to be delivered on 11Feb 2017. Cheers.

Good luck for your bid, and do let us know if the bid for 18/1 is successful. Kah usually doesn't play games.

But in the mean time, do check your T&C too, cheers.

Good luck for your bid, and do let us know if the bid for 18/1 is successful. Kah usually doesn't play games.

Thanks for your advice. Another friend of mine also booked Honda City for 92999 with leather seat, $500 petrol vouchers, front camera etc etc and told me the SE is honest to bone.Cheers

Thanks for your advice. Another friend of mine also booked Honda City for 92999 with leather seat, $500 petrol vouchers, front camera etc etc and told me the SE is honest to bone.Cheers

Don't worry about KM. They don't usually play such top up tricks. 

The MD who proposed that type of strategy first on to sack list.. maybe that's what happened to a popular local AD?

It's like going to one place to see all the different make and model.

I going to see NSX. Drooling...

It's on display at Kah leng kee.

Don't worry about KM. They don't usually play such top up tricks. 

Agreed. SE told my friend 99.9% COE will be secured on 18th January biidding. Also another friend which I recommended to my SE brought a Honda JAZZ yesterday from her.

In total KMC SE held my $10K deposit cheque 19 solid days. It is a shame!

BiL booked car last week at showroom then went motor show.. alamak he damn shocked .. car price up $5k for Sama sama things.. he say why like that leh.. his accountant say "boss.. hold in showroom no additional cost Ma..do at motor show got to pay .. then go to make nice booth, got to send cars there.. the car drive sideways no need to pay huh?.. those pretty pretty xmm no need to pay huh, those local artistes no need to pay huh? Not cost meh? Fried carrot cake also need $$$ leh..

wah. what brand?

Agreed. SE told my friend 99.9% COE will be secured on 18th January biidding. Also another friend which I recommended to my SE brought a Honda JAZZ yesterday from her.

In total KMC SE held my $10K deposit cheque 19 solid days. It is a shame!

Can't blame them la.. Hyundai was hoping the COE will drop. So they offered a very low bid price in your deal.

But the City is nice, roomy and economical. If you want to know a good service chap, pm me when you get your car.

Mine has been there for 10 years.. 

City at 92.9k is doable if coe stays at current coe level. if coe will to drop a few k more, KM will make additional profit. it is very different from elantra which was not doable at that price point. And i suppose KM expects coe to be around 50k worst case which is not wrong. One more point, i think they are cleaning the existing model to make way for the new face lift. Having said all, 92.9k is a good price.

Yeah, the $84K Elantra is dead and gone after 6 failed bids. Good riddance! Not happy for not topping up SE of KMC held the deposit cheque of 10K for 12 solid days before releasing it to me after I kpkb, hahaha. Understand there was also another forumer whose refund to his credit card was delayed for same period of time.

âSuch is the game KMC is playing if you don't top up after booking at low price.

Pleased to inform that I have booked Honda City at 92999 last week with plenty of goodies and freebies. Although it is 6 bids non guarantee SE confirmed no problem can get COE next bidding on 18 January and car to be delivered on 11Feb 2017. Cheers.

Nice to hear that, Cheers!

Hope you get new ride soon and do update in MCF.

The last time my SE said sure can get COE, I told her then give Guarantee which she eventually obliged. Got mine at 1st bid

↡ Advertisement