Singapore Motor Show 2017

Vinceng

City at 92.9k is doable if coe stays at current coe level. if coe will to drop a few k more, KM will make additional profit. it is very different from elantra which was not doable at that price point. And i suppose KM expects coe to be around 50k worst case which is not wrong. One more point, i think they are cleaning the existing model to make way for the new face lift. Having said all, 92.9k is a good price.

Everyone always kaopeh KM's prices/margins are not realistic, higher than competitors.

But the upside is that when they drop price for promotion/COE drops, they tend to want to sell the cars to get numbers. And not do this top up trick.

↡ Advertisement

City at 92.9k is doable if coe stays at current coe level. if coe will to drop a few k more, KM will make additional profit. it is very different from elantra which was not doable at that price point. And i suppose KM expects coe to be around 50k worst case which is not wrong. One more point, i think they are cleaning the existing model to make way for the new face lift. Having said all, 92.9k is a good price.

Honda is known for its premium price among Jap makes. Most ppl say KM has already factored in adequate buffer for COE. Barring big swing up, COE should not be problem. Again when SE says sure can get COE, then ask the SE to give guarantee the way to go. Cheers!!

Btw the COe rebate level is 46K which I don't think bidding will go down to that level next week. I also understand that the Face Lift is still not on the card yet, probably another 6 months or so and if does come it will be another 5K or so added to the price.

Looking back, if I had top up as requested by SE 5K Elantra Basis would have cost me 89K - you think it is worth it? I would say Elantra "S" would be comparable to City SV model. Cheers

wah hyundai xmm quite chio leh

OL type ...got a specky xmm also ... npgt

Edited by Enye
  • Praise 1

Btw the COe rebate level is 46K which I don't think bidding will go down to that level next week. I also understand that the Face Lift is still not on the card yet, probably another 6 months or so and if does come it will be another 5K or so added to the price.

Looking back, if I had top up as requested by SE 5K Elantra Basis would have cost me 89K - you think it is worth it? I would say Elantra "S" would be comparable to City SV model. Cheers

I would say yes. But i still won't do it cos i dislike ADs who play this top up trick hahaha  [laugh]

Best deal is Kia K3 $82,999, the price you cannot resist, the car you cannot get; even cheaper than the earlier $84K Elantra which nobody gets. 

Looks like another top-up scheme huh?

AD can't be selling below cost?

Can't blame them la.. Hyundai was hoping the COE will drop. So they offered a very low bid price in your deal.

But the City is nice, roomy and economical. If you want to know a good service chap, pm me when you get your car.

Mine has been there for 10 years.. 

thanks. Will contact you when I wish to know a good service chap. But it will be a long time before I need one cause I buying this car as an OPC, drive at night for dinners and shopping for grocery during the weekend and of course park at my basement carpark for "show" hahaha

honda city is going to facelift soon.

will have similar headlamp design as honda civic.

Good for you to get the city, i have a friend driving it and so far good review. If coe rebate is at 46k given by KM, no need to worry lo cause very high chance you will get your coe de, cause coe now hovering around 50k or so. Also always heard KM bid very generously and high for their customers de.

Good for you to get the city, i have a friend driving it and so far good review. If coe rebate is at 46k given by KM, no need to worry lo cause very high chance you will get your coe de, cause coe now hovering around 50k or so. Also always heard KM bid very generously and high for their customers de.

Yes, I agree. This SE is honest to the bone gave whatever goodies and freebies without question. Also gave away all the discounts from the insurance firm Aviva. She only wish to build up her quotas and for that reasons I gave her 2 heads up and concluded the sales.

Hey, aren't you changing to Honda City, hahaha.

Yes, I agree. This SE is honest to the bone gave whatever goodies and freebies without question. Also gave away all the discounts from the insurance firm Aviva. She only wish to build up her quotas and for that reasons I gave her 2 heads up and concluded the sales.

Hey, aren't you changing to Honda City, hahaha.

Getting a good SE or honest SE really depends on luck, sometimes really nothing got to do with the AD itself. If bump onto good SE, then the process of getting your new car is pleasant and happy with additional freebies throw in.

For Motor Shows, most of the principals will chip in to pay as they will treat it as marketing budget so I doubt if the AD foots this bill alone. Presence is vital but that said, I remember Benz was not at one of the previous Motor Shows for some reason I can't remember.

And ADs may also be given incentives from principals to move a certain no. of units so there are real discounts to be found but of course you have to be realistic that it will be maybe a few k at most.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6