What is the most frustrating when vehicle breakdown?

zero082000

My recent breakdown is due to electrical problem. New battery and keeps on going flat. Anyone encounter such kind of issues?

Hot day. Sian no tree cannot take a shade from the hot sun. Wait for tow truck come like 30 mins later.

Reason, ignition coil

I totally agree! Waiting for tow truck under hot sun with no shelter is no joke! Feels like my brain being cooked while waiting for tow truck. How long do you normally wait for your tow truck?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Last time on the way fetching my parents to meet my future-in-laws at the wedding venue to try out and discuss the food menu, my car engine overheated in the middle of the busy expressway.

Had to wait till it cooled down, drive to petrol station and refill with water, then drive to venue.

Was late for about an hour. Can imagine my anxiety.

• Praise 1

Last time on the way fetching my parents to meet my future-in-laws at the wedding venue to try out and discuss the food menu, my car engine overheated in the middle of the busy expressway.

Had to wait till it cooled down, drive to petrol station and refill with water, then drive to venue.

Was late for about an hour. Can imagine my anxiety.

You did good there. Let your MIL wait....

• Praise 2

Can't be worse than my last driving trip .

Air con compressor broke down in Penang.

Imagine driving on NSH with windows wound down a few inches for ventilation.

Hottest and noisiest ride. Very unstable at high speed even with windows wound down a little

• Praise 1

My biggest fear is breakdown or flat tyre in the middle of the road. Heng until now none of my cars got this problem. I service and change battery very regularly....

And also change car :D

Your chances of break down is minute as you practice Preventive Maintenance base on running time, that's a great way to reduce unnecessary stress. Not only you prolong the life of yr vehicle , you are also do that to your life.

Edited by Yeobh

My biggest fear is breakdown or flat tyre in the middle of the road. Heng until now none of my cars got this problem. I service and change battery very regularly....

And also change car :D

You actually increase your chance of breakdown. The more often you change car, the more chance you have of getting a lemon... :mellow:

You actually increase your chance of breakdown. The more often you change car, the more chance you have of getting a lemon... :mellow:

Then how? :wacko:

• Praise 2

My recent breakdown is due to electrical problem. New battery and keeps on going flat. Anyone encounter such kind of issues?

I totally agree! Waiting for tow truck under hot sun with no shelter is no joke! Feels like my brain being cooked while waiting for tow truck. How long do you normally wait for your tow truck?

Take out umbrella and wait lo. Always have umbrella in my car so if have to wait for tow truck at least got some shade.

Either yr alternator is not generating enough ampere or there is a parasite leak in yr car electrical system. Other simple cause maybe due to poor electrical grounding ( voltage drop )

Battery light up signalling alternator faulty n ur car stopped at middle lane CTE.....all the other drivers go past u n honk or blow exhaust.......u try to make a call e other party cannot hear coz too noisy....just wait for EMAS lorrr...after all u paid the ERP maaa....someone has to rescue u....

the day after paris terror attacks, my car had a radiator hose blowout along orchard road at peak hour in the middle lane. It was a massive 'boom' followed by lots of white smoke. I scrambled out, almost knocked down by a van, not knowing what it was and thinking it was going to catch fire. I could see some angmohs around with panic on their faces. I just stood some distance away while the smoke died out. More embarrassing than frustrating. Then I went back and put up a breakdown sign  and waited for tow truck at the bus stop and pretended it wasn't my car. [laugh]

• Praise 5

My breakdowns:

1. Aircon compressor discharge hose burst while driving. Nb, loud like hell. At that moment, I wondered what happened as it could be anything. Regret like hell as I had seen some fine cracks on the hose but always procrastinating. Luckily not raining, else would be impossible to drive without aircon.

2. Brake master pump leak... gradually losing brake feel. Luckily not on expressway.

3. Leaking ATF when I reached home. Was thinking...siao liao... drove so long distance with no ATF. Luckily GB not damaged.

My worst experience:

Driving to Redang(Kuala Terengganu) with my family. Almost reaching then suddenly the steering wheel became very tight. No air-con and all signal on dashboard light up. Approach a few workshop but they do not know how to repair Subaru car but my car is just a 1.6 NA car. In my mind, have to toll my car all the way back to Singapore and cancelled my trip? Car finally went dead right in front of a battery shop. The boss open the bonnet, change 2 snapped belts and replaced the battery.  Everything runs well and I enjoy my holiday.

My car stalled in the middle lane in front of Paya Lebar MRT station during peak hours. I had to stand behind my car waving cars to filter to next lane while waiting, it seems for ages, for the service guy to come take a look. Luckily a kind soul driving a similar car stopped to help and after trying a few times, managed to get it started.

I had to call the service guy to cancel his assistance.

↡ Advertisement