• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
34 replies to this topic | 51 praises

Posted 10 September 2016 - 02:26 PM

Thecarboy302
  • Premium member
    Thecarboy302
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Another new Paris Motor Show launch from Hyundai-Kia, this time the 3rd-generation Hyundai i30. Like the Kia Rio, the 2nd-generation i30 was only sold locally for a few months before Komoco pulled the plug and brought in the Accent instead, which I think is a pity. The interior looks particularly pleasing, taking cues from their Ioniq hybrid. Hope this gets brought in to compete with VW Golf and Opel's latest Astra. 

Hyundai-i30-2017-1600-01.jpg

Hyundai-i30-2017-1600-02.jpg

Hyundai-i30-2017-1600-03.jpg

Hyundai-i30-2017-1600-05.jpg

Source: https://www.netcarsh...undai/2017-i30/

Launched in Korea as well, engine choices includes 140PS 1.4-litre GDI Turbo, 204PS 1.6-litre GDI Turbo and 136PS 1.6-litre diesel. 

http://www.hyundai.c...do?carCd1=RD008

Edited by Thecarboy302, 10 September 2016 - 02:32 PM.

Angcheek and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 10 September 2016 - 03:41 PM

Jzachlee
  • Premium member
    Jzachlee
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

It has similar looks as the Peugeot 308.

Interior looks very well laid-out, though the screen with the piano black bezels looks cheap.

~ Make the most of the dash ~

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:04 PM

Digthis1
  • Premium member
    Digthis1
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Best is with rear aircon !!! Hahaha

Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:25 AM

teomingern
  • Premium member
    teomingern
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Doesn't look so sharp in the photos posted.
Angcheek praised this

Posted 22 September 2016 - 09:00 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    6th Gear
    Author Image

comes in 1.6Turbo 186BHP as well.

The Kia Rio, the alter ego not bad as well 

Angcheek praised this

Posted 30 June 2017 - 04:33 PM

carloverguy2017
  • carloverguy2017
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I thought its a Audi A3 [laugh]

It's not my fault

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:34 PM

Club21z
  • Premium member
    Club21z
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Was at komoco in Thursday and there is no display of I30. Think they stopped selling again, sell either elantra n Tucson easier to make money lah.
Angcheek praised this

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:02 AM

walkofwinners
  • Premium member
    walkofwinners
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Was at komoco in Thursday and there is no display of I30. Think they stopped selling again, sell either elantra n Tucson easier to make money lah.

Probably pricing wise not competitive enough, same as their accent.

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:56 AM

Club21z
  • Premium member
    Club21z
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Accent still got manual option for the purist.i30 don't have boring.

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:25 PM

Johnny86
  • Premium member
    Johnny86
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

last weekend asked the SE, they gonna import i30 from Europe

not sure is 1.4T or 1.6 though

hope is 1.4T then can see how

Doppel, Angcheek and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:34 PM

teomingern
  • Premium member
    teomingern
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Well if they import just the normal 1.6 L then don't need to bother to sell it already lar... it either has to be a turbo 1.4 or 1.6 L as the price for this car is at a premium...

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:55 PM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    Supercharged
    Author Image

last weekend asked the SE, they gonna import i30 from Europe

not sure is 1.4T or 1.6 though

hope is 1.4T then can see how

If coming from Europe probably 1.4T as Europeans have practically abandoned naturally aspirated lumps

I do approve of bringing the i-series cars again though as they are truly engineered in a different way from the Americanized Sonata and the like to appeal to European tastes with GDi engines and the like. 

I feel the i40 sedan would have taken off if brought in as a consumer car instead of a taxi.

i30 has a 1.0T 120ps manual option, possible it may come here, but more likely they will offer us the 140ps 1.4T with DCT. I would suppose they could pitch the i30 as a 'premium option' over an Elantra, just as the i40 estate is supposed to be a premium option here

Johnny86, Angcheek and Doppel praised this
Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

Dabbler in digital graphics, computer assembly, tech and photography.
「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:56 AM

Club21z
  • Premium member
    Club21z
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hope they have the manual option so I will sell my accent and get turbo i30. But wait long long lah. Even though volester manual sold also no turbo.
Johnny86 praised this

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:30 AM

Johnny86
  • Premium member
    Johnny86
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

If coming from Europe probably 1.4T as Europeans have practically abandoned naturally aspirated lumps

I do approve of bringing the i-series cars again though as they are truly engineered in a different way from the Americanized Sonata and the like to appeal to European tastes with GDi engines and the like. 

I feel the i40 sedan would have taken off if brought in as a consumer car instead of a taxi.

i30 has a 1.0T 120ps manual option, possible it may come here, but more likely they will offer us the 140ps 1.4T with DCT. I would suppose they could pitch the i30 as a 'premium option' over an Elantra, just as the i40 estate is supposed to be a premium option here

unfortunately the review (my fav is carwow) didnt think too highly of it; its decent its nice but just not as sporty a drive as we think it would be.

their pricing needs to compete with the astra 1.4T which is already hovering below $110K. that being said im looking out to see if they have less teething issues on the road. pardon me, im a sucker for warm hatches

now their elantra is about 90K ish (mid trim), only if i30 comes in around 105K or less then it may be a more compelling buy.

any info on reliability of their 7DCT?

Edited by Johnny86, 01 August 2017 - 11:32 AM.

Club21z praised this

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:34 PM

teomingern
  • Premium member
    teomingern
    5th Gear
    Author Image

unfortunately the review (my fav is carwow) didnt think too highly of it; its decent its nice but just not as sporty a drive as we think it would be.

their pricing needs to compete with the astra 1.4T which is already hovering below $110K. that being said im looking out to see if they have less teething issues on the road. pardon me, im a sucker for warm hatches

now their elantra is about 90K ish (mid trim), only if i30 comes in around 105K or less then it may be a more compelling buy.

So far not much problem for their dual clutch but some Carens drivers complain of the gearbox giving them a warning in a raffia jam like at the Causeway...

Unlikely the i30 will be below $110K... I'll be quite happy if it's $115K...

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:44 PM

Johnny86
  • Premium member
    Johnny86
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

So far not much problem for their dual clutch but some Carens drivers complain of the gearbox giving them a warning in a raffia jam like at the Causeway...

Unlikely the i30 will be below $110K... I'll be quite happy if it's $115K...

read that i30 uses a newer 7DCT (not sure if same as current Carens)

hope its as good as the europe trim....

but damn... 138bhp 242nm doing 8.9s on 7DCT at 18.5km/L

slurps

Edited by Johnny86, 01 August 2017 - 03:45 PM.

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:20 PM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Carwow reviewing which one? i30?

Well, they do usually acknowledge that the hyundais although very sedate drive and not fun to drive they are supremely comfortable and refined for their price which is what may be more important to mass-market.

Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:06 PM

teomingern
  • Premium member
    teomingern
    5th Gear
    Author Image

read that i30 uses a newer 7DCT (not sure if same as current Carens)

hope its as good as the europe trim....

but damn... 138bhp 242nm doing 8.9s on 7DCT at 18.5km/L

slurps

Not likely to be full European trim... Likely we'll get one trim above the base level trim... the engine is very costly... so the OMV will be high... plus it's made in Europe... so everything is expensive there...

Well, they do usually acknowledge that the hyundais although very sedate drive and not fun to drive they are supremely comfortable and refined for their price which is what may be more important to mass-market.

That's what I like about my Sonata... it's super refined as a cruiser... pushing it requires sports mode... still not too bad... just that you have to keep the revs sky high...

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:31 PM

Johnny86
  • Premium member
    Johnny86
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Yup i30

Yes think the carwow guy prefers a more engaging drive and he biased when it's not sporty. So maybe if he doesn't curse at the car and just gives a bored face it should be perfect for our comfort

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:13 PM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Yup i30

Yes think the carwow guy prefers a more engaging drive and he biased when it's not sporty. So maybe if he doesn't curse at the car and just gives a bored face it should be perfect for our comfort

Haha, Matt Watson, right? Love his videos.

Well, he's from the UK, and they're more into engaging drives than the rest of the world. Part of the reason for the old Mondeos' incredible success at the time. But he does also talk about the comfort of the car and he has high praise for the i40 estate in regards to how it soaks up bumps. I recall whenever I ride in an i40 taxi they're just so comfy and the Hyundais also often have great space.

I expect the same of the i30... though I doubt a Hyundai hatch will move a lot of units here, the Accent hatch wasn't really a volume product here, though the i30 would be more like an Elantra hatch (compact) than the supermini class that the Accent occupies.

That's what I like about my Sonata... it's super refined as a cruiser... pushing it requires sports mode... still not too bad... just that you have to keep the revs sky high...

Perhaps I will have to hire you as a not-PHV for a day for a relaxation trip!  :XD:

「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Back to Korean Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users