2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

Neutral Newbie

Mai tu Liao , it was way better than the Elantra , it feels much lighter and quicker , previously drove 1.8 turbo , this one i30 seems ok , therefore buy lor. Lucky coe secured.

Only slight not shiok is the first gear, abit retarded.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Anyone know if i30 come with build in TPMS?

Don’t think it comes with it.. dun rmb seeing it while scrolling thru the menu on the steering wheel.. elantra elite i think has it though.
  • Praise 2

for those who have gone for a test drive, how is the feel? Compared to 1.6 Elantra?

Elantra acceleration more gradual compared to i30 which feel faster.. overall i30 quieter maybe because it’s new.. the best feel is to go down to showroom n test it out

Review by SGCARMART.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/review.php?AID=1286

However, it's quite a turbo-dependent engine, meaning that there's basically no juice under 1,500rpm, most notable in gears one and two. This can be a little problematic when climbing up the ramps of a multi-storey carpark, for instance.

Too little gas and the i30 creeps up the ramp much too slowly. Too much gas and the car will surge forward a little too quickly. You just have to be a little more careful at very low speeds (under 10km/h), because the lack of progressiveness could catch out an inattentive driver. 

• Praise 1

IMO, he's attributed the lack of progressiveness, especially at low speeds in lower gears to the wrong factor. Yes, its true that there is turbo lag. There isnt a turbocharged vehicle (without additional aids like an electric supercharger) that has no lag. However, the sudden surge that one experiences, especially going up mscp in 1st or 2nd is due to the dct gearbox. This is the typical behaviour of a dct transmission. Its essentially an automated manual transmission with a clutch (in this case 2 clutches). Imagine u are driving a manual transmission going up the slope at a very slow speed... u may have to half clutch to prevent the engine from stalling. The transition phase will result in this hesitation.

Edited by Dinkydong
  • Praise 4

for those who have gone for a test drive, how is the feel? Compared to 1.6 Elantra?

when i test drove it, the transmission was actually quite smooth, the difference is at lower speeds/lower rpm it acts more like a normal 1.4 liter engine... which explains how it's listed fuel consumption can be so much lower at 5.5L/100km and can get the VES rebate (compared to Elantra at 6.4L/100km).

it's when you press on the accelerator more and the speed/rpm increase then the turbo kicks in and you feed the familiar turbo boost surge in, that's the fun part.

i tested with 5 people in the car and it still pulled away from traffic quickly (as characteristic of turbo engines with their high torque), so it moves well even under full load.

ultimately, since their prices are quite similar, the decision to go with which model would really depend on whether you prefer more space (elantra 1.6) or more power/acceleration kick (i30 1.4T).

• Praise 3

anyone knows if KIA will bring in the CEED to offer in ths segment?

Was expecting the 1.6 T since already breaching the 130bhp CAT B .

So anyone here have their mod list yet like stage one chip and side skirt 

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 2

when i test drove it, the transmission was actually quite smooth, the difference is at lower speeds/lower rpm it acts more like a normal 1.4 liter engine... which explains how it's listed fuel consumption can be so much lower at 5.5L/100km and can get the VES rebate (compared to Elantra at 6.4L/100km).

it's when you press on the accelerator more and the speed/rpm increase then the turbo kicks in and you feed the familiar turbo boost surge in, that's the fun part.

i tested with 5 people in the car and it still pulled away from traffic quickly (as characteristic of turbo engines with their high torque), so it moves well even under full load.

ultimately, since their prices are quite similar, the decision to go with which model would really depend on whether you prefer more space (elantra 1.6) or more power/acceleration kick (i30 1.4T).

True about the low end torque availability from turbo engine.

Don't care about the right feet how much it go but if ended same fuel consumption as elantra that would be priceless shiok..

Only concern is the direct injection where carbon built up at inlet valve.

• Praise 1

Is Korean same side driving?

Count me in for group buy as well. :)

NO.

They are LHD,we are RHD.

I.e they drive on the right, while we drive on the left,their steering wheel is on the left while ours is on the right.

• Praise 3