2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

Should be multilink suspension on the rear as mentioned on their e-brochure taken from Singapore site. If it is 91k then really quite worth it considering is much better in driving performance than the Elentra and K3 albeit lack in certain features. 

Oh? They're both driving the Opel Astra 1.4 turbo?

Yea 1.4T.  :D Reliability think depends on luck also sometimes. So we shall see but for now so far so good. 

Edited by kelaihoyin
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Should be multilink suspension on the rear as mentioned on their e-brochure taken from Singapore site. If it is 91k then really quite worth it considering is much better in driving performance than the Elentra and K3 albeit lack in certain features.

Yea 1.4T. :D Reliability think depends on luck also sometimes. So we shall see but for now so far so good.

That's great! One more reliable brand to choose from... Opel is owned by GM now... so maybe more reliable since GM has worked on reliable issues...

That's great! One more reliable brand to choose from... Opel is owned by GM now... so maybe more reliable since GM has worked on reliable issues...

Nah Opel now owned by PSA so abit of uncertainty for the newer batch of cars.

I can assure you all that opel is nowhere as reliable as Hyundai

Do you drive a current model Opel? What makes you say that?

Nah Opel now owned by PSA so abit of uncertainty for the newer batch of cars.

Oooo... I see... didn't realise it... two years ago, I was looking at the Chevrolet Malibu and then went over to look at the Opel Insignia... it was apparent that they shared the same parts bin... and the quality was better on the Opel compared to the Chevrolet... so I thought they were still under the same group...

Rear air vents is present since it is using electronic park brake. Priced at around 91k at motor show... come with 3 years servicing, 1-year road tax, 5 years warranty. Guess it's the cheapest 1.4T car around. A pity the rear suspension is torsion beam.

Nice. The rear in the brochure is multi link.

Do you drive a current model Opel? What makes you say that?

Oooo... I see... didn't realise it... two years ago, I was looking at the Chevrolet Malibu and then went over to look at the Opel Insignia... it was apparent that they shared the same parts bin... and the quality was better on the Opel compared to the Chevrolet... so I thought they were still under the same group...

Two years ago, they were but since GM wanted to be out of the EU market, they sold everything, and the last thing they sold was Opel before their exit

Huh? Torsion beam??? The i30 has always been multi-link rear suspension leh... you mean the bean counters won out even for this Europe specific car??? How to compete with both the Golf and Focus if it's torsion beam???

Bro you zhun am... don't anyhow whack... Sgcarmart lists it as having multi-link beam rear suspension...

Never anyhow whack, I saw torsion beam suspension on the hard copy brochure.. Not sure why SGcarmart list it as multi link suspension. any one here gone for a test drive yet ?

• Praise 2

Huh? Torsion beam??? The i30 has always been multi-link rear suspension leh... you mean the bean counters won out even for this Europe specific car??? How to compete with both the Golf and Focus if it's torsion beam???

Bro you zhun am... don't anyhow whack... Sgcarmart lists it as having multi-link beam rear suspension...

There's nothing wrong with having a torsion beam. The Renault Megane has a torsion beam and the RS version is widely rated as one of the best handling cars in the world.

• Praise 2

There's nothing wrong with having a torsion beam. The Renault Megane has a torsion beam and the RS version is widely rated as one of the best handling cars in the world.

Interesting... it's harder to tune well definitely... not easy to get it right... so far I think only VW, Ford & Renault have kind of gotten it right for their hot hatches...

Never anyhow whack, I saw torsion beam suspension on the hard copy brochure.. Not sure why SGcarmart list it as multi link suspension. any one here gone for a test drive yet ?

This is the online version of local brochure. Rear multi-link suspension. There may be changes to final version of the hard copy brochure. 

http://www.hyundaimotors.com.sg/images/i30-new/i30_brochure.pdf

• Praise 2

Two years ago, they were but since GM wanted to be out of the EU market, they sold everything, and the last thing they sold was Opel before their exit

I see... I looked up Wikipedia and it's recorded that they sold Opel in Aug 2017... so I guess the current stable of cars are still GM cars... until the next model cycle I guess...

I see... I looked up Wikipedia and it's recorded that they sold Opel in Aug 2017... so I guess the current stable of cars are still GM cars... until the next model cycle I guess...

Only models in their current lineup that uses PSA underpinnings are the Crossland X which uses the same platform as Peugeot 2008 and Citroen C3 Aircross (just lauched at Motorshow) and the upcoming Grandland X, same platform with Peugeot 3008 and 5008. 

Only models in their current lineup that uses PSA underpinnings are the Crossland X which uses the same platform as Peugeot 2008 and Citroen C3 Aircross (just lauched at Motorshow) and the upcoming Grandland X, same platform with Peugeot 3008 and 5008.

I see... going to take a while to work through their model list... Edited by teomingern

I remember i see the hard copy brochure at motor show it paste a paper saying is multi link. Did not peel off the paper to see what the original description. Anyway, anyone know how much is this i30? The salesman i talk to i think see me no up and don't want to tell me the best price

• Praise 1

I remember i see the hard copy brochure at motor show it paste a paper saying is multi link. Did not peel off the paper to see what the original description. Anyway, anyone know how much is this i30? The salesman i talk to i think see me no up and don't want to tell me the best price

Hi bros out there.. I just booked this I30 yesterday. $90,999. Stripped alot of features compared to the europe model.. Headlamp halogen, don't hv the blind spot detector, anti collision and auto cruise (only normal cruising). July they will up $10k due to the ves rebate..

I currently driving an avante.. Left with 1yr and a mth to go.. Anyone keen to take over? In fact i just bought it on 2nd jan (2 weeks ago).. Inspection done and Rd tax paid till the end already. Aircon and gearbox also warranty till car scrap. 4 new nexen tyres and servicing and alignment just done. Anyone keen let me know

• Praise 2

Hi bros out there.. I just booked this I30 yesterday. $90,999. Stripped alot of features compared to the europe model.. Headlamp halogen, don't hv the blind spot detector, anti collision and auto cruise (only normal cruising). July they will up $10k due to the ves rebate..

I currently driving an avante.. Left with 1yr and a mth to go.. Anyone keen to take over? In fact i just bought it on 2nd jan (2 weeks ago).. Inspection done and Rd tax paid till the end already. Aircon and gearbox also warranty till car scrap. 4 new nexen tyres and servicing and alignment just done. Anyone keen let me know

Nice. That like 6k off their listed price. You know the omv? Also what other freebie they throw in?

Nice. That like 6k off their listed price. You know the omv? Also what other freebie they throw in?

Omv around $18k.. Front and rear car cam and also solar film lor.. Pretty std. Come july price will increase at least another $10k due to the ves rebate (no more)
↡ Advertisement