2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

i30 & CW going to remain in same band (saving %10K) when VES2.0 kicks in? Hyundai got a roadshow at Watertown Pt, what are the prices for i30 & CW over there? 

i30 & CW going to remain in same band (saving %10K) when VES2.0 kicks in? Hyundai got a roadshow at Watertown Pt, what are the prices for i30 & CW over there?

Probably... no reason not to keep the cars in the same band... and don't get scared by the sales people telling you the price will jump after July... cos they'll definitely re-tune the engine to meet the emissions standards... they won't want to do themselves in with a car priced out by the taxes...
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Probably... no reason not to keep the cars in the same band... and don't get scared by the sales people telling you the price will jump after July... cos they'll definitely re-tune the engine to meet the emissions standards... they won't want to do themselves in with a car priced out by the taxes...

I doubt that will be the case. Its not like old school carburetor or using a twin balancer to tune a weber carb of an alfa.

It needs to go thru a whole host of certification bodies that SG is totally relying on to get the attestation.

BUT, whatever it is, the certification was still fooled by VW during the dieselgate. 

So unless the engineers did not go to jail and were rehired by Hyundai, I highly suspect its not a matter of changing the settings and hosay liao.

Only wild card here is that the COE may drop and the car prices even out the uptick for emission.

(edited)

I doubt that will be the case. Its not like old school carburetor or using a twin balancer to tune a weber carb of an alfa.

It needs to go thru a whole host of certification bodies that SG is totally relying on to get the attestation.

BUT, whatever it is, the certification was still fooled by VW during the dieselgate.

So unless the engineers did not go to jail and were rehired by Hyundai, I highly suspect its not a matter of changing the settings and hosay liao.

Only wild card here is that the COE may drop and the car prices even out the uptick for emission.

Actually it's just a matter of adjusting the engine parameters... the case in point is the Sonata that I drive... it uses the same 2.0 L Nu engine used in the i45 and my 2016 Sonata and in the current 2018 face-lifted Sonata. Mechanically they're all identical but the secret is in the tuning... the engine found in the i45 and my 2016 Sonata are only Euro 4 compliant. The current version of the Nu engine is Euro 6 compliant and also compliant with our VES that comes into force in July... the horsepower has dropped from 160+ to just 150 now... actually if you examine the engines of the Japanese 2.0 L engines, the same trend is also seen... to meet the VES... don't really need a lot of re-engineering... and also not gaming the rules... basically if you want to meet emissions standards, you lose power... quite normal... Edited by teomingern

If COE prices slide from July by $5k, then i30 would be more worthwhile to get from July onwards. At least the rebate wouldnt eat into the scrap value by $5k. The premium Komoco has is around $25,000 with COE based on listed price

Twincharged
(edited)

Actually it's just a matter of adjusting the engine parameters... the case in point is the Sonata that I drive... it uses the same 2.0 L Nu engine used in the i45 and my 2016 Sonata and in the current 2018 face-lifted Sonata. Mechanically they're all identical but the secret is in the tuning... the engine found in the i45 and my 2016 Sonata are only Euro 4 compliant. The current version of the Nu engine is Euro 6 compliant and also compliant with our VES that comes into force in July... the horsepower has dropped from 160+ to just 150 now... actually if you examine the engines of the Japanese 2.0 L engines, the same trend is also seen... to meet the VES... don't really need a lot of re-engineering... and also not gaming the rules... basically if you want to meet emissions standards, you lose power... quite normal...

Thats according to you or you will attest that LTA "thinks" the same way so its like how they sell durian. Sure bao cheit ?

Because if from your point of view, just import in the i30 with 140 bhp.

And if the COE chiong , detune to 125 bhp to CAT A, easy peasy, lemon squeezy

Edited by Sdf4786k

Neutral Newbie

Just booked one today at $92999with 6 non guaranteed bids. Hope it’s a good deal. Colors are running out fast though.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Just booked one today at $92999with 6 non guaranteed bids. Hope it’s a good deal. Colors are running out fast though.

Congrats! May I know how much free services you got? and when is the delivery?

Just booked one today at $92999with 6 non guaranteed bids. Hope itâs a good deal. Colors are running out fast though.

Nice. What colour your ride? Which showroom or road show you went to?

Neutral Newbie

Not much to be honest. 3 servicing nia. But the front and rear security cameras and tinting I guess are standard. I wanted the brown (forgot what color exactly ) but it’s out of stock so the next best for me was stargaze blue.

Neutral Newbie

Nice i30

Bro, which workshop did u go the Mod ? Wish to get some accessories & get someone to install 4 me. Don't Komoco is cost-effective.
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Just booked one today at $92999with 6 non guaranteed bids. Hope itâs a good deal. Colors are running out fast though.

Congrats bro! I supposed the wagon version? I’ve booked one too as well, managed to squeeze to $88k, 6 bid no guaranteed. Can’t wait for the collection day!
  • Praise 1