2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

Neutral Newbie

Yea itâs the wagon. You got 88k for the wagon?! How?? Now I feel cheated lol.

Sorry I meant I book normal i30 at 88k. My bad. Wanted red for wagon but no more stock. Was told that if someone pulled out, I can top up 3k for wagon, otherwise I’ll just go with hatchback red i30
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Wah so wagon is 91K ?

@grh_jj if you got at 88,000 +3,000 top-up option, then it's a good bargain. How you get it squeeze $999 ah? [smash]

@Digthis1 how much you paid for yours?  [:p]

@Btzqabc i would have gone for the starglaze blue. it looks like metallic cool. Anyway the colors are getting lesser,  so i guess if one wait and take the less popular colors in June maybe can squeeze a bit more?  [:)]

Edited by retrozz

Neutral Newbie

@grh_jj if you got at 88,000 +3,000 top-up option, then it's a good bargain. How you get it squeeze $999 ah? [smash]

@Digthis1 how much you paid for yours? [:p]

@Btzqabc i would have gone for the starglaze blue. it looks like metallic cool. Anyway the colors are getting lesser, so i guess if one wait and take the less popular colors in June maybe can squeeze a bit more? [:)]

Cannot show that you really wanna buy, must be like very tight Budget. Cos I initially went to see Elantra, then stretch abit to i30. But I forgo the free servicing, but was told that they will give me the servicing coupon for free labor, for first 3 servicing, so quite worth it. I also forgo their front back camera, and rebate $250, so actual cost is $87749. Quite a good deal I feel. Definitely the salesman very important

Neutral Newbie

Yup you definitely got a good deal there. I think I couldn’t hide how much I preferred the i30 over the Elantra. I think they don’t want to lower also because of the VES in July which will add $10,000 so they have a bit of an advantage there.

Went to test drive and get a quote for i30 wagon.. really nice build and drive.. fell in love immediately.. wanted the red color but no stock.. so got to wait till after july.. no choice.. I saw all color available at basement and only red is the best

Went to test drive and get a quote for i30 wagon.. really nice build and drive.. fell in love immediately.. wanted the red color but no stock.. so got to wait till after july.. no choice.. I saw all color available at basement and only red is the best

You saw the phantom black color? I thought the car looks really fierce with that front grill.

Neutral Newbie

Maybe will be $10k more expensive after July? Due to the ves thingy. That’s what the sales person said. Not really worth to spend $10k more just for the color. As well go spray paint haha

Neutral Newbie

Went to book one i30 wagon tdy at showroom at $92,999.

Was told good price but after reading all this felt could ask for more.

Maybe will be $10k more expensive after July? Due to the ves thingy. Thatâs what the sales person said. Not really worth to spend $10k more just for the color. As well go spray paint haha

That's what the sales man told me.. but I still wanna wait and see about the ves thingy will be like and I still can wait awhile got red color.. haha

the VEs rating for i30 confirm not changing after July?

feel smoked by the SE then. Did the SE confirm this with you?

The article is referring to the change in Jan 2018. Old article, don't see any reference for i30 to the VES 2.0 in July.

The article is referring to the change in Jan 2018. Old article, don't see any reference for i30 to the VES 2.0 in July.

Yea am clarifying alleyboy's comments cuz nowhere to see i30 banding after july.

(edited)

the VEs rating for i30 confirm not changing after July?

feel smoked by the SE then. Did the SE confirm this with you?

that article link was for January VES... this upcoming 2nd round July VES will add the PM emmissions category, alot more cars will be affected.

so far seems the i30 1.4T models and Kona 1.0T model will be shifted to B neutral band from 1st July... so they will lose the current A2 band $10k rebate.

it's one of the reasons why if their system no more stock of a color, they can't take the order as price will be different come July.

Edited by Coolant

http://m.sgcarmart.com/articles/articleinfo.php?CT=a&AID=327. Here say ves A2 still got 10k rebate after july.. and realize i30 wagon is ves A2.. so should not have price change after july..

I am not too sure but I think you may be a little confused here? VES A2 is referring to the band the car is in, it will always be rebate of $10k for cars in this band and the i30 Wagon is VES Band A2 following the January VES system which does not include Particulate Matter (PM) criteria. If i30 Wagon is tested to have it's PM rating in Band B come July, it will pull its final band to B and that is no rebate or surcharge, hence the final price is likely to be raised by $10k if so. 

Therefore whichever band a car is in right now may not be the same as the band it will be come July, it depends entirely on the car's PM emission. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1