2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

(edited)

Thereâs hardly anything to upgrade in the i30, or anyone know where to get them? Canât seem to find accessories and body kit in the aftermarket further more now that they have the i30 fastback and i30N

i guess its still considered a new model locally... since deliveries of the first batch of units only started a few weeks ago.

i heard from a friend who just collected his i30 recently that kmc is apparently also looking at bringing in bodykit for i30 too.

anyways, hopefully we will see more aftermarket kits and accessories available for this model soon.

Edited by Coolant
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

have to be patient and wait.

also waiting for bodykit hehe....

must let me know hor if you have news. thanks a mil  [:)]

Neutral Newbie

Yeah one of the guys on the forum ordered this 9" unit that runs on Android on aliexpress - link

Couple risks involved is that the reverse camera might not work with this HU and the loss of the controls on the steering wheel.

I'm interested in getting the LPYFRG Android Head Unit from Aliexpress. Anyone using this & can share experiences with the unit ? Can recommend a competent installer ? Thanks

Works great, like having a 9 inch tablet up front on your dashboard. Works well with the original reverse camera and u can even add a TPMS and a OBD reader to it.

Visit Auto Image @ Sin Ming, they have done a number of installations for i30 owners.

I'm interested in getting the LPYFRG Android Head Unit from Aliexpress. Anyone using this & can share experiences with the unit ? Can recommend a competent installer ? Thanks

yup got mine done at Auto Image Sin Ming. They’re very experienced w our new i30s and took just 30 minutes to change the head unit.
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Works great, like having a 9 inch tablet up front on your dashboard. Works well with the original reverse camera and u can even add a TPMS and a OBD reader to it.

Visit Auto Image @ Sin Ming, they have done a number of installations for i30 owners.

Thanks for the feedback. Some more questions ... Paiseh
  • Praise 1

Does this auto image have 2din sized android head unit? for generic applications?

How much would the head unit cost?.

Do they do basic sound proofing etc?

You can contact them to find out more.

Does this auto image have 2din sized android head unit? for generic applications?

Our local model comes with halogen headlamps and LED taillamps.

Nice shots. Car comes with LED headlamps? Sorry on sgcarmart it states halogen.

• Praise 1

FYI.... thats is illegally mod... 

• Praise 2

Twincharged

with the CAT B prices moderated, I suppose there is going to be more discount coming this weekend since the market is quite quiet..

FYI.... thats is illegally mod... 

haha.... all i can say is.... wanna mod dont scared, wanna scared dont mod. 

technically any lightbulb cooler then 4300K temperature is illegal. funny thing will be this. i went to the STA/LTA inspection at year 3 of my precious car. even though the headlights and everything were reverted to stock halogens, the headlights still failed the inspection.

despite that failure, the inspection is an overall pass. So for this car... i will probably just go for the inspection with the LEDs.

noted also that none of the cars in the queue that went for the inspection passed the headlight test, despite all rocking stock looking and yellow halogen bulbs.

easy LED plug n play mod to replace the halogen bulbs.

technically any lightbulb cooler then 4300K temperature is illegal. funny thing will be this. i went to the STA/LTA inspection at year 3 of my precious car. even though the headlights and everything were reverted to stock halogens, the headlights still failed the inspection.

despite that failure, the inspection is an overall pass. So for this car... i will probably just go for the inspection with the LEDs.

noted also that none of the cars in the queue that went for the inspection passed the headlight test, despite all rocking stock looking and yellow halogen bulbs.

Bro... in Singapore, all our headlights will fail the inspection... the failure is not due to light temperature but due to the alignment... we don't have the equipment to ensure that our lights are tilted at the correct angle... hence all will fail... my car has factory fitted HID headlights also will fail even though HID lights come with auto-leveling mechanism to prevent them from blinding the oncoming traffic due to the projector nature of the lamp design...

I don't know if the inspectors will get you to swap light bulbs or not if yours are cooler than 4300K... but regardless also will fail...

My old Subaru Impreza had stock halogen headlights also fail every time... but overall still pass inspection...

with the CAT B prices moderated, I suppose there is going to be more discount coming this weekend since the market is quite quiet..

Yeah... so we can see with hindsight that it was simply due to Uber & Grab driving up the COE prices... can we sue them?

Please mod with original LED headlight and less glare to other road user.

Otherwise please don't mod...

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Please mod with original LED headlight and less glare to other road user.

Otherwise please don't mod...

Thank you for your kind understanding.

If you dont know already. I30 comes with projector lenses that focuses the beam pattern and prevents blinding and glare to otherroad users.
  • Praise 1

Bro... in Singapore, all our headlights will fail the inspection... the failure is not due to light temperature but due to the alignment... we don't have the equipment to ensure that our lights are tilted at the correct angle... hence all will fail... my car has factory fitted HID headlights also will fail even though HID lights come with auto-leveling mechanism to prevent them from blinding the oncoming traffic due to the projector nature of the lamp design...

I don't know if the inspectors will get you to swap light bulbs or not if yours are cooler than 4300K... but regardless also will fail...

My old Subaru Impreza had stock halogen headlights also fail every time... but overall still pass inspection...

Yeah... so we can see with hindsight that it was simply due to Uber & Grab driving up the COE prices... can we sue them?

Actually also not right.

Sure will glare opposite n fail in the test because. They test with both highbeam and low beam on at the same.time!

Sorry missed yr post...

No, u need to purchase yr own.

Check out Aliexpress... From S$4xx

They do all sorts of sound proofing, from basic to extensive. U can call them or drop by to find out more.

If you dont know already. I30 comes with projector lenses that focuses the beam pattern and prevents blinding and glare to otherroad users.

I would suggest u read up more on car optics used for the various type of lighting system.

Most car come with projector lenses nowadays but they are designed for their intended usage in their design specification system, so there are actually lenses for halogen, HID & LED, not the way u thought.

Using a LED bulb on a halogen based projector lenses housing would probably caused unwanted glare at night and affect other road users, do invest in an aftermarket LED light housing system for ur car if u really into good focus LED light that produce usable light.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1