2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

PD is the current generation of i30 and PDe probably means Europe market that qualifies for euro 6 emission.

Thanks for the info! I see they are quite a few groups on Facebook. Can't tell the difference between them or there isn't?

Heard from the SE that popular colours for the wagon has run out ... can bros advise what is the FC for the 1.4 T engine so far on their rides?  

Good review from Matt Maran who highlighted some issues with the gears DCT shifting.

bro.. that review seems to be for the 1.6T

We have the 1.4T

bro.. that review seems to be for the 1.6T

We have the 1.4T

Most of the American reviews are for 1.6 turbo. Perhaps usable comments or handling as well as gear changes? Btw, local owners of the 1.6T Tucson dual clutch have also encountered lag in low gears, especially on car park slopes. Imo it's more of a characteristic of dual clutch than a fault that we have to be aware of.

Most of the American reviews are for 1.6 turbo. Perhaps usable comments or handling as well as gear changes? Btw, local owners of the 1.6T Tucson dual clutch have also encountered lag in low gears, especially on car park slopes. Imo it's more of a characteristic of dual clutch than a fault that we have to be aware of.

U sounds like Microsoft
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

2018 still cannot improve,

2018 still cannot improve,

What do you want to improve on? All DCT suffer from the lag at low speeds... the programming isn't like the human being... it will trigger a shift only at certain speed but if you're at a neither here nor there speed then the programme doesn't know what to do...

What do you want to improve on? All DCT suffer from the lag at low speeds... the programming isn't like the human being... it will trigger a shift only at certain speed but if you're at a neither here nor there speed then the programme doesn't know what to do...

So i imagine speak with authority for ALL dual clutch car manufacturer ?

Neutral Newbie

Far Far from AT

Far Far from AT

Definitely... ha ha... I have the opportunity to drive both regularly... my Sonata is a automatic transmission while my Dad's car is a Renault DCT... totally different... pros and cons...

So i imagine speak with authority for ALL dual clutch car manufacturer ?

Definitely not but this is the same refrain from anyone who moves from an automatic transmission to a DCT... my experience comes from a Renault and a VW system...

Neutral Newbie

Definitely... ha ha... I have the opportunity to drive both regularly... my Sonata is a automatic transmission while my Dad's car is a Renault DCT... totally different... pros and cons...

Definitely not but this is the same refrain from anyone who moves from an automatic transmission to a DCT... my experience comes from a Renault and a VW system...

I want to know the con, as I find that move up slope is retarded , no way near the AT , for the i30 .

Any good countermeasure?

Moving up slope retarded? I was overtaking everyone when choing up slopes at genting even on the steepest climb.

Not sweat at all. I agreed though that during the initial moving up on slope there is a initial retarded movement akin to like half clutch release when a manual car moves off from a slope.

The combination of the DCT mated to the engine is so much more connected compared to a conventional slushbox.

• Praise 1

I want to know the con, as I find that move up slope is retarded , no way near the AT , for the i30 .

Any good countermeasure?

I believe only slow speed is the issue.

when up the speed should be normal already.

that's the DCT nature and issue.

• Praise 1

I believe only slow speed is the issue.

when up the speed should be normal already.

that's the DCT nature and issue.

The nature of this gearbox also means not many PHV would use this type of cars. That would be a better association for the i30s than with Mazda 3 and Honda V. Haha.

Any good countermeasure?

Step harder initially.
  • Praise 1

Moving up slope retarded? I was overtaking everyone when choing up slopes at genting even on the steepest climb.

Not sweat at all. I agreed though that during the initial moving up on slope there is a initial retarded movement akin to like half clutch release when a manual car moves off from a slope.

The combination of the DCT mated to the engine is so much more connected compared to a conventional slushbox.

In most reviews, the hyundai DCTs are considered not as fast shifting as the VW's one which is the gold standard for normal sedans/hatches  [:)] Which is not to say it's lousy, but just that VW sets the benchmark for dry clutch DCTs

↡ Advertisement