New car recalled under PI warranty

Superyandao

After >5 years, am not sure if the PI (under same registered company name), or its supporting WS, are still around to honor the hybrid battery warranty - not to mention whether they have the links to the car manufaturer, or the means, to even replace it for you!!

Exactly and that's why I won't buy a hybrid from PI and you can call me kiasu if you want haha [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

better be kiasu than kena fcked upside down by PI and the shady ws ...

Exactly and that's why I won't buy a hybrid from PI and you can call me kiasu if you want haha [laugh]

Edited by Wt_know

bro, when ws collect $50k, they already use all the money to fund their daily operation

every single dollar is cost so they are not going to fork out $ for "warranty claim" unless owner pay for the repair [sly]

when they run out of money for operation ... close shop to wipe out all liabilities and open a new shop ...

every ws already has their exit plan ready ... simply push a button only [sly]

remember Kh**g A*to?

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2675338-auto-gearbox-maintenance/

Since this the modus operandi of ws giving warranty, safer to go ad route. Just hope ad brings in more pi model if not similar model w similar spec.

Now korean cars oso 5 yrs umlimited mileage warranty. If only conti has the same, their sales likely to be even better. Then again, pricing may be less competitive.

I will trust the 5-yr unlimited mileage warranty given by the Korean brand ADs ... be it KIA, Hyundai, etc.

But if a PI were to offer same, I'd be very very wary.

Heck, their associated tiny WS may not even carry the spare parts to warrant anything!!

Especially if the car model has been discontinued.

You trust 'em PI? No better than used car dealers

I will trust the 5-yr unlimited mileage warranty given by the Korean brand ADs ... be it KIA, Hyundai, etc.

But if a PI were to offer same, I'd be very very wary.

Heck, their associated tiny WS may not even carry the spare parts to warrant anything!!

Especially if the car model has been discontinued.

You trust 'em PI? No better than used car dealers ðð¼

Buy from pi = ownself guarantee ownself

In biz sense, for small cost recall issues pi still may honor n oso what's a small cost for reputation, but likely to find loophole in warranty for costlier components like citing wear n tear not covered (even engine, gb, ac r wear n tear lol). But from some earlier postings pi oredi sub to ws, so it's the integrity of ws owner though if under recall pi has duty to ensure proper administration.

BTW, what's the vezel recall about?

I think something to do with some electronics, link is below: 

http://www.carsandstars.com.sg/honda-recalls-160000-fit-and-vezel-vehicles/

A PI buyer's nightmare when there is a recall and don't think Jap cars are spared. Till today I'm not sure if all the affected Vezels were recalled though from the Vezel thread, some forumers were informed by the PI to be fair.

• Praise 3

I bought a PI car (first and last) in early last decade.

PI closed shop 2 months after purchase.

Stuck with a mediocre, small PI-shared WS (in Ubi multi storey).

Totally useless ah beng mechanics, with no diagnostic tools for modern German engines, zero knowledge, gross incompetency and no confidence!

Did not want to pay AD adoption fee, to cross over.

Gave up. Sold PI car after 1+ year.

No more PI cars for me after that. Period.

Not really, they take 10 cars $5k equal to $50k than maybe only one car need gearbox change....

Their model is like insurance company collect many premium but not everyone claim.

So it their biz model on risk assessment than they didn't Honour it their problem dirtiness

hmm.. 

not sure if u read the TnCs of the PI.

Warranty upto $XX dollars .. the rest u pay.. something similar to harvey norman type of repair..so need to be aware... kicking the bucket down the road is not even within reach. If you are higher leverage or tight on the day to day cost.. you wont even have the ability to touch the bucket

If buying a USED 3 year old Merc (out of warranty), what are the pro & con buying a AD car or a PI car? I supposed most would go to outside workshop to do the routine servicing after the warranty period to save on cost?

Not talking about specs or price, just referring to service support, maintenance & a peaceful mind. Thank you for any comments.

• Praise 1

bro, when ws collect $50k, they already use all the money to fund their daily operation

every single dollar is cost so they are not going to fork out $ for "warranty claim" unless owner pay for the repair [sly]

when they run out of money for operation ... close shop to wipe out all liabilities and open a new shop ...

remember Kh**g A*to?

haha i also thought of this particular workshop when i was reading the posts here.

i read from mcf that this workshop warranty program is quite extensive.  even my distant friend (friend of friend), also bought their warranty when he bought a resale car and was told by the dealer of this "great" warranty program. 

Sorry don't quite follow your post. My fear is that buying hybrid thru PI will not have a hybrid battery change if required and hence questioned the logic of buying a hybrid thru PI instead of AD.

I'm aware that it's the manufacturer who provides the warranty but it's not guaranteed that this will be available thru the PI unlike the AD who is obligated to change it. That said, the recent recall of Vezels for some issue was honored by some PIs so I could be wrong but then again that was a safety issue recall unlike this potential hybrid battery issue which is a warranty.

Pai seh didn't write clearly! In short that why buy car always buy from AD, you get carmaker support

remember Kh**g A*to?

You got to understand what you do with the $50k is ur problem. But the biz model they do is similar to insurance model and Hoping no claim.

Thus if claim arise they should Honour it. Part of ur insurance premium goes to agent salary, rental operation too etc balance than go life fund

Miss management of fund is their incompetence in running a biz .

Edited by D3badge

I think something to do with some electronics, link is below:

http://www.carsandstars.com.sg/honda-recalls-160000-fit-and-vezel-vehicles/

A PI buyer's nightmare when there is a recall and don't think Jap cars are spared. Till today I'm not sure if all the affected Vezels were recalled though from the Vezel thread, some forumers were informed by the PI to be fair.

Consumers getting jdm rides r in a precarious situation as these recalls r meant for jap rides in jap. I wonder how Honda jap side will handle those exported jdm rides. But at least some pi responsible enough car owners have some hope. In view of such scenario, really safer to buy fr ad. Even after warranty / service outside kena recall oso no issue.

Consumers getting jdm rides r in a precarious situation as these recalls r meant for jap rides in jap. I wonder how Honda jap side will handle those exported jdm rides. But at least some pi responsible enough car owners have some hope. In view of such scenario, really safer to buy fr ad. Even after warranty / service outside kena recall oso no issue.

Some PI buyers thinking is that the money saved can be used to rectify whatever faults that may happen and if it doesn't come, money is saved but my take is that for big item stuff like cars where mechanical and electrical parts may cost thousands of $, it's too risky to contemplate and u also get lower resale value when you eventually sell.

Admittedly, some PI buyers did save abit cos their cars didn't have any issue but peace of mind on my beloved car's well being is priceless if you ask me.

• Praise 4

2 Toyota cars , 1 JDM from PI and 1 from AD, rear seat rattling sound AD change the seat no question asked but PI say warranty only cover gearbox, engine so seat is not covered.

I bought a PI car (first and last) in early last decade.

PI closed shop 2 months after purchase.

Stuck with a mediocre, small PI-shared WS (in Ubi multi storey).

Totally useless ah beng mechanics, with no diagnostic tools for modern German engines, zero knowledge, gross incompetency and no confidence!

Did not want to pay AD adoption fee, to cross over.

Gave up. Sold PI car after 1+ year.

No more PI cars for me after that. Period.

So what's the lesson did you learn from this?

My answer is not all PIs are the same. Only go for good PIs. 

2 Toyota cars , 1 JDM from PI and 1 from AD, rear seat rattling sound AD change the seat no question asked but PI say warranty only cover gearbox, engine so seat is not covered.

so u mean 2 cars oso seat rattling issues? PI r like 2nd hand car dealers, always beat about the bush w consumer w issues arise..

So what's the lesson did you learn from this?

My answer is not all PIs are the same. Only go for good PIs. 

u say good. u dare recommend?

• Praise 1

so u mean 2 cars oso seat rattling issues? PI r like 2nd hand car dealers, always beat about the bush w consumer w issues arise..

u say good. u dare recommend?

Yup, Vellfire & Alphard rear middle row seats tend to rattle cos of the track

Yup, Vellfire & Alphard rear middle row seats tend to rattle cos of the track

Not doubting ur words, but I might wonder if the seats were actually replaced, or they could actually retighten or install some insulation materials. Rattling issues not so jialat, just plain irritating for a premium product. What I'm concerned is warranty claim on drivetrain issues.
↡ Advertisement