130k for a new car - please help

therock

HRV is Thai made. Using a older engine compare to the Vezel, less equipment than the Vezel but selling a lot more.

Only good thing is it is from AD.

There are still good PI around.

Actually the new HRV is now Jap. $112k which is about 7k more ex than the PI. But I prefer AD for safety and will go back to them for servicing.

The B Class was offered for about 20k more but also includes free service credits.

Kah is giving free five year service but I think only oil is included not parts..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Actually the new HRV is now Jap. $112k which is about 7k more ex than the PI. But I prefer AD for safety and will go back to them for servicing.

The B Class was offered for about 20k more but also includes free service credits.

Kah is giving free five year service but I think only oil is included not parts..

Seems like your mind already set.

For me once it is using a older engine and less equipment, the car had no chance to be shortlisted.

Xtrial is under power to carry such a heavy body. FC is not impress. Fc is actually similar to the FXT.

3rd row seat is a joke.

Really? I thought its FC, though not fantastic, is ok. My bad.

TS, can see why u might be swayed by the B-Class. Having a 3-pointed star within the 130k budget is highly tempting. And the feel & drive of a conti is still something that eludes jap cars.

As long as u are prepared to live wif some 'unpredictability' compared to jap cars but trade it off with a better driving feel, you'll be fine.

Many have made that transition successfully n vowed never to buy jap car again.

But oso hv many who couldn't n vowed to stick to jap forever.

In the end, what are you prepared to trade off?

• Praise 1

How much is a civic? Why not get a civic?

How much is a civic? Why not get a civic?

Ok yes that's a logical choice. 112-115 for the 1.6 and almost 130 for the turbo.

Have you seen the cabin?

It's very divisive.

The latest version is Thai made and man it shows.. It's almost an insult to current honda owners. That they can pass off such plastics, use a 10 year old engine and tell us to buy it. The turbo version is almost the same price as the B class.

Reliability of honda? Yes

But it's not a nice looking car, cheap plastics and the low slung style deter. My mum sat for a minute and frowned - ha ha

• Praise 1

but other thing for sure is 1.6L Turbo's road tax and insurance is cheaper. Not sure OMV might be higher too

Good one. But the price is almost same is FXT.

B Class can get at 130k? Thought it is much higher at >135k?

TS, can see why u might be swayed by the B-Class. Having a 3-pointed star within the 130k budget is highly tempting. And the feel & drive of a conti is still something that eludes jap cars.

As long as u are prepared to live wif some 'unpredictability' compared to jap cars but trade it off with a better driving feel, you'll be fine.

Many have made that transition successfully n vowed never to buy jap car again.

But oso hv many who couldn't n vowed to stick to jap forever.

In the end, what are you prepared to trade off?

Checked that..

The B class road tax is only 180 more..

Insurance slightly more but not much as it's not classified as a speedster :)

OMV is about 5k more.

Both qualify for CEVS of 5k

Vezel Hybrid will fulfill all your requirements

7 speed dual clutch, 150Hp, 0-100km/h in 8.5s, fuel efficient

No known problems so PI should be ok since you would not need much after sales service anyway

Honda brand so should be very reliable

Only $110K

Buying a car is personal, why ask others.

You had spent so much effort analysing, you must have already some idea what you will be getting.

I do not think any comments or suggestions from anyone here will influence what you already had decided in your mind.

Happy shopping.

Cheers.

Best advice here.

Thumbs up.

Vezel Hybrid will fulfill all your requirements

7 speed dual clutch, 150Hp, 0-100km/h in 8.5s, fuel efficient

No known problems so PI should be ok since you would not need much after sales service anyway

Honda brand so should be very reliable

Only $110K

Hey bro, I like that car. 150 BHP.

But I am too chicken for PI cars. My good friend is a PI, in fact I kicked myself for not taking up his offer 10 months ago. The Hybrid was 92k back then!

But yeah, AD for me.. and Kah doesn't bring it in. Maybe when Version II of the HRV comes, and offers a hybrid, that will be my chance - ha

B Class can get at 130k? Thought it is much higher at >135k?

It's a promo, and the key is that they give a high overtrade. It's a gimmick some may say, but the main thing is that the net cost to me is within my budget.

And they will give me one of their $90 umbrellas... ha ha

Seems like your mind already set.

For me once it is using a older engine and less equipment, the car had no chance to be shortlisted.

I do agree a really old engine sucks, which is why the 1.6l Civic felt so disappointing.. 

Actually although the new Honda 1.5l engine is sweet, it's the new on the market, whereas the B Class with it's 'older' engine might be better?

The B class engine isn't that old actually. It's a new design, made for economy, designated the M270, and was introduced in 2011 with the B Class. So it isn't that old, but old enough that quirks have been ironed out. Well, at least I hope so.

I'm with @Soya on this. The Conti makes have their indosyncracies perhaps due to more advanced features n electronics but that's not to say they are bad but since TS prioritises reliability above everything else perhaps it's better to go for Japs who are more clockwork with precision n reliability so HRV won't go wrong I guess.

B Class is ok though due for model change I think. It has its prestige n good thing about this model is that precisely cos it's been around for awhile, any indosyncracies would have been ironed out by now but servicing will be more ex compared to Japs. Benz servicing even more ex than BMW I'm told?

Not sure if c&c has changed but my family used to own mitsubishi cars and were carroted for servicing during the warranty. They never went back to c&c for servicing after warranty.

Comparing conti AD to AD, I find PML very reasonable for normal servicing. Free servicing is totally free. I can't say the same for parts replacements conparing to 3rd party workshop. They are ex.

You got to list out your priorities and narrow down your choices. This is what I tell ppl when they cannot decide what car to get.

If your first priorities are predictability, reliability and fuel economy your choices are limited to Japanese and Korean makes. No turbo and anything that has a cvt gearbox. Yes, it's boring but if it's your first priority this is it.

Good that you have worked out a budget. Narrowing down your choices shouldn't be too difficult.

↡ Advertisement