Any reliable & budget workshop to replace brake pads?

Drive

Hi

Any workshop near NUS (Clementi)? Think pads gone Liao but will be there tomorrow for some stuff. Please post the labour prices if you know also.

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Ownself do best.  Since first car.  I only get WS to do if my brake pad wear until the pad slip off the brake system lor.

Happen once.  Even without pad car still drive-able except you are using brake drum to brake pad lor.

Lesson learnt.

Ownself do best because I will dismantle the whole brake system, clean it.  Put a lot of grease as if free.

Can even bleed the hose to get rid of air.

Brake pad will last longer and wear evenly for both side of the same brake as the brake system is greased.

Just bought a FR Brake pad on Friday for $30.

• Praise 1

Bro, everything is on the internet lor ........ I always go Youtube to learn something lor. From changing brake to fixing aircon to changing compressor to changing fuel pump and gauge.

Welcome to the 21st Century !!!  Almost everything is possible !!! And it is FREE !!

The best part, Youtube has lesson for your specific model !!

My latest DIY learning ....... How to do DIY wheel alignment without computer !!!

Sure bo ..... without alignment computer assist ?? Hope I don't have to use my Force .... haha

Bro u conduct diy session le.... :-)

Oh ....... start with simple things, build confident lor ....... If you never even change a serpentine belt and want to change aircon compressor, sure screw up de ......

I started changing wiper for my father car when I am a little boy...

You can start build up a great tool box by randomly buying those cheap tools from ABC 199 shop.  Hurry ...... I think they are closing down soon or restructuring.

I watch alot of you tube for car repair too to understand it. But really diy not there yet lol

Pads not difficult. Just need to big g or f clamp to clamp the pistons to reset them before installing new pads.

Lots of vid on YouTube. Watch many and you can figure it out

• Praise 1

Easiest is still those that don't require special tools. Such as air filter, cabin filter, interior lights. Brake pads quite complicated lah, still need to remove wheel, need jack, etc...

↡ Advertisement