• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic | 10 praises

Posted 18 September 2016 - 09:35 PM

Drive
  • Premium member
    Drive
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi

Any workshop near NUS (Clementi)? Think pads gone Liao but will be there tomorrow for some stuff. Please post the labour prices if you know also.

Thanks

Posted 18 September 2016 - 10:25 PM

Apple-Tree
  • Premium member
    Apple-Tree
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Ownself do best.  Since first car.  I only get WS to do if my brake pad wear until the pad slip off the brake system lor.

Happen once.  Even without pad car still drive-able except you are using brake drum to brake pad lor.

Lesson learnt.

Ownself do best because I will dismantle the whole brake system, clean it.  Put a lot of grease as if free.

Can even bleed the hose to get rid of air.

Brake pad will last longer and wear evenly for both side of the same brake as the brake system is greased.

Just bought a FR Brake pad on Friday for $30.

Volvobrick praised this

Posted 18 September 2016 - 11:20 PM

Simpleonly
  • Premium member
    Simpleonly
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Bro u conduct diy session le.... :-)

Posted 18 September 2016 - 11:53 PM

Apple-Tree
  • Premium member
    Apple-Tree
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Bro, everything is on the internet lor ........ I always go Youtube to learn something lor. From changing brake to fixing aircon to changing compressor to changing fuel pump and gauge.

Welcome to the 21st Century !!!  Almost everything is possible !!! And it is FREE !!

The best part, Youtube has lesson for your specific model !!

My latest DIY learning ....... How to do DIY wheel alignment without computer !!!

Sure bo ..... without alignment computer assist ?? Hope I don't have to use my Force .... haha

Bro u conduct diy session le.... :-)

Posted 19 September 2016 - 09:36 PM

Simpleonly
  • Premium member
    Simpleonly
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I watch alot of you tube for car repair too to understand it. But really diy not there yet lol

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:44 PM

Apple-Tree
  • Premium member
    Apple-Tree
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Oh ....... start with simple things, build confident lor ....... If you never even change a serpentine belt and want to change aircon compressor, sure screw up de ......

I started changing wiper for my father car when I am a little boy...

You can start build up a great tool box by randomly buying those cheap tools from ABC 199 shop.  Hurry ...... I think they are closing down soon or restructuring.

I watch alot of you tube for car repair too to understand it. But really diy not there yet lol

Posted 22 September 2016 - 07:34 AM

Simpleonly
  • Premium member
    Simpleonly
    5th Gear
    Author Image

True.. simple stuff like wiper, aircon , air filter, plug, bulb, install car cam, I still can. Come to engine other engine part dun dare to touch yet lol

Posted 22 September 2016 - 10:58 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I see youtube too change fog light, interior light, aircon filter etc

But if too chim i let workshop handle haha
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:06 PM

SIM37
  • SIM37
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Pads not difficult. Just need to big g or f clamp to clamp the pistons to reset them before installing new pads.

Lots of vid on YouTube. Watch many and you can figure it out
Apple-Tree praised this

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:08 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Easiest is still those that don't require special tools. Such as air filter, cabin filter, interior lights. Brake pads quite complicated lah, still need to remove wheel, need jack, etc...

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Yi Xuan e-Trading

Yi Xuan e-Trading  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Dilemma  |  2nd Gear

Bought the bosch wipers for my Golf from seller which i only tried to install it about a week later. Realized the model isn't for my car and buyer agree to change it even after i've opened the first set of wipers. Thumbs up for seller as he agreed to exchange the wipers . Thumbs up and good price ! » Read More

Edwin Garage

Edwin Garage  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by seankwa  |  2nd Gear

Sent my car for servicing last week.
Edwin is very sincere, offers excellent service and advice, quick turn-around and all this at a reasonable price. Excellent workmanship and the friendly staff is also a plus. The workshop is well maintained and there is a comfortable waiting room.

Never in my years of car ownership did i felt so assured of the servic... » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Repair & Servicing

Quick Reply

Tags: reliable, budget, workshop and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users