• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
48 replies to this topic | 160 praises

Posted 20 September 2016 - 06:17 PM

Passim
  • Premium member
    Passim
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

So you went to your trusted workshop with good reputation to get your major servicing done. You were assured that only original parts were used including original BMW spark plugs. You paid the 4 figures bill and left. 

About 1 year and tens of thousand miles later, you went to another workshop to do another major serving which includes checking spark plug and change if necessary. The mechanic sent to you a picture of the spark plus via Whatsapp. You almost fell off the chair because you realized that you have been cheated by the first workshop. The spark plugs were OEM not original.

What would you do or what can you do?  [laugh]

IMG_4784.JPG

Edited by Passim, 20 September 2016 - 06:18 PM.

Vratenza praised this

Posted 20 September 2016 - 06:39 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

LLST
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:39 PM

BanCoe
  • BanCoe
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Stress Lah ! Singapore 

Mine cheap Jepun car, never pay above $200 for servicing    

Sunny praised this

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:34 PM

Lotr
  • Premium member
    Lotr
    5th Gear
    Author Image

does original spark plugs mean the spark plug is bmw brand?  bmw designs/makes car but do they also manufacture their own spark plugs?

i know original toyota spark plugs are denso brand

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:35 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    Supercharged
    Author Image

So you went to your trusted workshop with good reputation to get your major servicing done. You were assured that only original parts were used including original BMW spark plugs. You paid the 4 figures bill and left. 

About 1 year and tens of thousand miles later, you went to another workshop to do another major serving which includes checking spark plug and change if necessary. The mechanic sent to you a picture of the spark plus via Whatsapp. You almost fell off the chair because you realized that you have been cheated by the first workshop. The spark plugs were OEM not original.

attachicon.gifIMG_4784.JPG

1. Never go back to that trusted workshop again

2. Post the "trusted workshop" name here for awareness

Looks like this other workshop you visited can be your new trusted workshop. They actually bothered to take out and check the spark plugs  :a-m1212:

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:23 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The w/s no wrong what.

The sparkies are Bosch (original), not Bocsh, Bossh....(fakes). :D

Opel17 praised this

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:45 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

if your car never breakdown due to spark plugs wear off, then not con mah [laugh]
TameDriver and FourZero praised this
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:56 PM

Ishiwgao
  • Premium member
    Ishiwgao
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

if your car never breakdown due to spark plugs wear off, then not con mah [laugh]

I agree with above statement. if nothing wrong then ok ma. 

but anyway, quick google search shows apparently bosch spark plugs are identical to the BMW printed ones.

http://www.e90post.c...ad.php?t=695797

may or may not be same as yours. but something to consider i guess.

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:40 PM

Funky05
  • Funky05
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Your workshop mechanic whatsapp you those photos? That means you weren't at the workshop during that point of time..? How do u know that those spark plugs were indeed from your car? :)

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:00 PM

Soundphile
  • Premium member
    Soundphile
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Just curious, what makes u change to the second workshop for the second servicing since the first workshop is ur trusted workshop?

Posted 21 September 2016 - 12:03 PM

Keithchue
  • Premium member
    Keithchue
    5th Gear
    Author Image

does the BMW ones have BMW branded over the sparkies, I only know that VW ones are NGK  ones. and I only go back to AD for servicing...

Everyday is a challenge, what makes it difficult is the people around you have to work with.

Driving a lemonade half broken car. Life is a bitch

Posted 21 September 2016 - 12:06 PM

Celicar
  • Celicar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I will quickly check the chair because there is no reason to fall off the chair, there is no such thing as spark plug bearing the name of the car brand.

Columbian78 praised this

Posted 21 September 2016 - 12:13 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Your workshop mechanic whatsapp you those photos? That means you weren't at the workshop during that point of time..? How do u know that those spark plugs were indeed from your car? :)

my same thought too! But i know many who just leave their car with the workshop for servicing while they go for makan or go shopping and pick the car up in the afternoon. Well....the world is full of carrot head....as long as they are happy can liao! I knew one big workshop who changed my friend air-con belt which was changed a month earlier. The manager claimed the belt was old.....now we totally siam that ws!

Edited by Eviilusion, 21 September 2016 - 12:15 PM.

Together We stand Alone

Posted 21 September 2016 - 12:47 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Bmw normally outsourced their spark plugs. So as long as OEM is good moreover Bosch brand
Xanavi, Volvobrick, GLZT and Vratenza praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:16 PM

Xanavi
  • Premium member
    Xanavi
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Bmw normally outsourced their spark plugs. So as long as OEM is good moreover Bosch brand

yap, Bosch OEM many parts for a lot of brand.. so to me, the 1st workshop didnt cheat. They use same model taken from the original. 

TS dont so fast jump to conclusion, in your case, 1 year later.. lol..

Check what is the brand or model of spark plug used for your car. Prob it is also the same as the replaced one. Merc brake pad also from Bosch. At least for some of the previous model.. not so sure now.

Thaiyotakamli and Vratenza praised this
發啊!

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:16 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I nearly fell off my chair after reading.

This is what I do not like about some car makers. Putting their brand on parts and even engine oil and make ppl pay extra for it. Insisting ppl to use them or else...imo it's ridiculous. Want to make extra money just say so. Sometimes I think servicing also rip ppl off. It's too much.

It's not the workshop who con you. It's the car makers.

Edited by Watwheels, 21 September 2016 - 01:17 PM.

Night King

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:24 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I nearly fell off my chair after reading.

This is what I do not like about some car makers. Putting their brand on parts and even engine oil and make ppl pay extra for it. Insisting ppl to use them or else...imo it's ridiculous. Want to make extra money just say so. Sometimes I think servicing also rip ppl off. It's too much.

It's not the workshop who con you. It's the car makers.

Singapore the best la....kana rip-off for $50k for a piece of paper also happy happy pay and haolian to everyone....😂😂😂
macrotrust2 praised this
Together We stand Alone

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:29 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Singapore the best la....kana rip-off for $50k for a piece of paper also happy happy pay and haolian to everyone....😂😂😂

Have you seen the piece of paper physically? I have never before. Can't even print it out after logging into onemotoring. Log card still can print out. How much the coe is on the e-log card. [laugh]

Night King

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:33 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Have you seen the piece of paper physically? I have never before. Can't even print it out after logging into onemotoring. Log card still can print out. How much the coe is on the e-log card. [laugh]

oh...ya...i also neber see before. Only know i got my coe when se called but he neber show!😂😂😂.....so we actually $50k for a supposedly piece of paper that no one had seen before.....kns....sound like the biggest scam ever and we all still happily paying. Lucky mine was just $12k piece of e-paper that i had neber seen.😂😂
Together We stand Alone

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:38 PM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    Supercharged
    Author Image

what  to do.. that's life.

I also recently then know I was conned by a friend..

knew them for more than 6 years.

my cars were repaired and serviced by him..

recently then I found..

the half cut items that he gave me, was damn horrible..

a lousy stock cam that is full of scratches, causing engine to sound horribly..

a half cut clutch plate, that proclaimed to be brand new..

and overcharged labor cost..

quite disappointing to see him operate like that.

I even recommend my friends to him..

I did not confront him but choose to accept. Because I value our friendship..

in fact, I still keep these parts..

bluey Tiko Ranger

like a V6

Back to Complaints  ·  General Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users