Con Job

Passim

So you went to your trusted workshop with good reputation to get your major servicing done. You were assured that only original parts were used including original BMW spark plugs. You paid the 4 figures bill and left. 

About 1 year and tens of thousand miles later, you went to another workshop to do another major serving which includes checking spark plug and change if necessary. The mechanic sent to you a picture of the spark plus via Whatsapp. You almost fell off the chair because you realized that you have been cheated by the first workshop. The spark plugs were OEM not original.

What would you do or what can you do?  [laugh]

post-6553-0-15511800-1474366494_thumb.jpg

Edited by Passim
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

does original spark plugs mean the spark plug is bmw brand?  bmw designs/makes car but do they also manufacture their own spark plugs?

i know original toyota spark plugs are denso brand

So you went to your trusted workshop with good reputation to get your major servicing done. You were assured that only original parts were used including original BMW spark plugs. You paid the 4 figures bill and left. 

About 1 year and tens of thousand miles later, you went to another workshop to do another major serving which includes checking spark plug and change if necessary. The mechanic sent to you a picture of the spark plus via Whatsapp. You almost fell off the chair because you realized that you have been cheated by the first workshop. The spark plugs were OEM not original.

attachicon.gifIMG_4784.JPG

1. Never go back to that trusted workshop again

2. Post the "trusted workshop" name here for awareness

Looks like this other workshop you visited can be your new trusted workshop. They actually bothered to take out and check the spark plugs  :a-m1212:

The w/s no wrong what.

The sparkies are Bosch (original), not Bocsh, Bossh....(fakes). :D

• Praise 1

if your car never breakdown due to spark plugs wear off, then not con mah [laugh]

I agree with above statement. if nothing wrong then ok ma. 

but anyway, quick google search shows apparently bosch spark plugs are identical to the BMW printed ones.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=695797

may or may not be same as yours. but something to consider i guess.

I will quickly check the chair because there is no reason to fall off the chair, there is no such thing as spark plug bearing the name of the car brand.

• Praise 2

Your workshop mechanic whatsapp you those photos? That means you weren't at the workshop during that point of time..? How do u know that those spark plugs were indeed from your car? :)

my same thought too! But i know many who just leave their car with the workshop for servicing while they go for makan or go shopping and pick the car up in the afternoon. Well....the world is full of carrot head....as long as they are happy can liao! I knew one big workshop who changed my friend air-con belt which was changed a month earlier. The manager claimed the belt was old.....now we totally siam that ws! Edited by Eviilusion

Bmw normally outsourced their spark plugs. So as long as OEM is good moreover Bosch brand

yap, Bosch OEM many parts for a lot of brand.. so to me, the 1st workshop didnt cheat. They use same model taken from the original. 

TS dont so fast jump to conclusion, in your case, 1 year later.. lol..

Check what is the brand or model of spark plug used for your car. Prob it is also the same as the replaced one. Merc brake pad also from Bosch. At least for some of the previous model.. not so sure now.

• Praise 2

I nearly fell off my chair after reading.

This is what I do not like about some car makers. Putting their brand on parts and even engine oil and make ppl pay extra for it. Insisting ppl to use them or else...imo it's ridiculous. Want to make extra money just say so. Sometimes I think servicing also rip ppl off. It's too much.

It's not the workshop who con you. It's the car makers.

Edited by Watwheels

I nearly fell off my chair after reading.

This is what I do not like about some car makers. Putting their brand on parts and even engine oil and make ppl pay extra for it. Insisting ppl to use them or else...imo it's ridiculous. Want to make extra money just say so. Sometimes I think servicing also rip ppl off. It's too much.

It's not the workshop who con you. It's the car makers.

Singapore the best la....kana rip-off for $50k for a piece of paper also happy happy pay and haolian to everyone....
  • Praise 1

Have you seen the piece of paper physically? I have never before. Can't even print it out after logging into onemotoring. Log card still can print out. How much the coe is on the e-log card. [laugh]

oh...ya...i also neber see before. Only know i got my coe when se called but he neber show!
↡ Advertisement