• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:35 PM

Xd3vilx
  • Premium member
    Xd3vilx
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys! I am driving a 07' Latio. My aircon been making a hissing noise for awhile, went to workshop, change my cooling coil and all is great. But when I went back home, turn off my engine and there is like hissing, bubbling noise for 30 Sec or so before it go off. Anyone know if this is an issue? Do I need to go back to my workshop? Thanks!

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:49 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys! I am driving a 07' Latio. My aircon been making a hissing noise for awhile, went to workshop, change my cooling coil and all is great. But when I went back home, turn off my engine and there is like hissing, bubbling noise for 30 Sec or so before it go off. Anyone know if this is an issue? Do I need to go back to my workshop? Thanks!

According to your description that means somewhere is leaking fluid or water and it came into contact with a hot surface.

I'm guessing the radiator cap. The seal in the cap has disintegrated and it's leaking coolant, coolant boiling out of the leak making bubbling sound and spill onto a hot contact surface such as the engine or exhaust manifold. That's where the hissing sound comes from.

Your aircon may be just fine. What makes you think it's the aircon?

Radiator cap can buy from accessories shops or buy original from stockist. Coolant can buy the pre-mix or any Japanese long life coolant and top up. Shops like autobacs will have all the things you need.

Edited by Watwheels, 21 September 2016 - 08:55 PM.

Night King

Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:56 PM

Xd3vilx
  • Premium member
    Xd3vilx
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

According to your description that means somewhere is leaking fluid or water and it came into contact with a hot surface.

I'm guessing the radiator cap. The seal in the cap has disintegrated and it's leaking coolant, coolant boiling out of the leak making bubbling sound and spill onto a hot contact surface such as the engine or exhaust manifold. That's where the hissing sound comes from.

Your aircon may be just fine. What makes you think it's the aircon?

Radiator cap can buy from accessories shops or buy original from stockist. Coolant can buy the pre-mix or any Japanese long life coolant and top up. Shops like autobacs will have all the things you need.

Thanks for your response!

I was thinking it is the aircon as when I open up the hood to check the source of the sound. It doesn't seem to be coming from the radiator cap. The sound comes from the left top corner of my car, so was thinking only possible parts there are my aircon, otherwise my engine. 

I was checking online as well, other cars have the sound when they turn it out due to a/c pressure equalizing, could it be a possible reason for my Nissan Latio?

Thanks!

Posted 22 September 2016 - 06:11 AM

MkMan
  • Premium member
    MkMan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I was thinking it is the aircon as when I open up the hood to check the source of the sound. It doesn't seem to be coming from the radiator cap. The sound comes from the left top corner of my car, so was thinking only possible parts there are my aircon, otherwise my engine. 

I was checking online as well, other cars have the sound when they turn it out due to a/c pressure equalizing, could it be a possible reason for my Nissan Latio?

Thanks!

advise is to go back to the workshop and let them check. 

1) Service to the public trust
2) Protect the innocent
3) Uphold the law

Posted 22 September 2016 - 02:57 PM

w7_lee
  • w7_lee
    Clutched
    Author Image

Thanks!

I kind of recall that I heard this sound in my last vehicle (Civic VTI) too. It bothered me but I did not do anything to it.

Can't remember if it went away or I got used to it. 

Do you switch off the A/C before you switch off your engine? If you just off your engine without switching off the A/C, then give this a try.

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:15 PM

Apple-Tree
  • Premium member
    Apple-Tree
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Could be air bubble in your radiator lor .... there is a heat exchange to aircon module. 

For the next few days check and top up radiator water before morning start.

Edited by Apple-Tree, 22 September 2016 - 03:17 PM.

Posted 23 September 2016 - 09:33 PM

Xd3vilx
  • Premium member
    Xd3vilx
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestion! I went back to my workshop and the Ah Kim mention it is the aircon coolant equalising itself. Tried to turn off my aircon before I enter my carpark and when I shut my engine after parking, no sound, so guess it is just the aircon doing its stuff.

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

3 Motorwerkz

3 Motorwerkz  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Lightsabre  |  2nd Gear

Experienced some weird noises when accelerating above the speed of 67k/hr. Dropped by their workshop to take a look.

What they do is just to drive one round and able to detect that is the bearing that is faulty. And that the same, also mentioned that brake disc motor need replacement as some there is jerking and vibration when hitting on the brake. Price quo... » Read More

Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Hydra  |  Neutral Newbie

Always go there every 10k servicing for the PPT Performa . Their mechanics really know their stuff and take care of your cars like their own . The aircon room really is not availbe to all workshop with the decorations are really awesome to see. Really trust this workshop and will definitely stay for the years to come! Used to service my car at JB but now switched to Dyn... » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Repair & Servicing

Quick Reply

Tags: hissing, bubbling, noise, shut and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users