• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
24 replies to this topic | 65 praises

Posted 24 September 2016 - 01:22 PM

Fastgear69
  • Premium member
    Fastgear69
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

How fast is 2010 Subaru Legacy 2011 2.5 GT vs Latest Launch 2.5 Model with no Turbo 

Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:00 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

How fast is 2010 Subaru Legacy 2011 2.5 GT vs Latest Launch 2.5 Model with no Turbo 

Latest model will smell smoke,what do you think.?

JohnSHL and Aaronlkl praised this

Fairlady.

Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:01 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Drive slowly...

How fast can you reach another end of Singapore?

Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:22 PM

Char
  • Char
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Better caught on camera .

Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:27 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

it is shown on the odometer, i think.
JohnSHL praised this
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:39 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just compare how many summons u can get in a month
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:41 AM

Muser
  • Premium member
    Muser
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Wow, really got such a forum thread ah? Cool πŸ˜‚

Well, they are both entirely different kinds of cars. One is a performance sedan that can smoke many fast-looking cars, and can be zhnged into be a giant slayer. The other competes directly against Kia K5, Hyundai Sonata, Nissan Teana, Toyota Camry and Honda Accord.

The turbo GT is way way way faster. Simply no competition. But the current NA Legacy BN9 I'm driving is more comfy, relatively economical, spacious, better HU, etc, for the uncle that I am, lol. And I love love love it to bits.

JohnSHL, BenTong and Fastgear69 praised this

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:27 AM

mrhan1982
  • mrhan1982
    4th Gear
    Author Image

A colleague once drove a zhng 2.5gt legacy. I can say it can eat my current gem fxt alive any day. Lol. Those old 2.5 wrx Sti even scarier... Some zhng until near super car levels.if u wann pure raw power can go for either of 2.

Nowadays subarus are a lot tamer with new dit turbo boxers and smaller displacement engines and new cvt. Power delivery is linear and focus is more on practicality and refinement. In short, it's a family car Liao. U still can get the occasional kicks but not that kind of level of kick back with the cvt.

Edited by mrhan1982, 25 September 2016 - 08:29 AM.

Fastgear69 praised this

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:32 AM

Zakuii
  • Premium member
    Zakuii
    5th Gear
    Author Image

One is a sporty family car, the other a comfortable family car. this is comparing apple with orange.

Muser praised this

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:33 AM

BenTong
  • Premium member
    BenTong
    Supercharged
    Author Image

One is a sporty family car, the other a comfortable family car. this is comparing apple with orange.

More like comparing burgers n fries..😜😜
Muser praised this

Posted 25 September 2016 - 06:48 PM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    Supercharged
    Author Image

More like comparing burgers n fries..😜😜

Feel to me more like comparing McDonald's signature series spicy chicken apple slaw burger to a mcchicken.

The former is more fat, got spice, got enjoyment, but it's not for everyone. And more expensive to buy and run off.

Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

Dabbler in digital graphics, computer assembly, tech and photography.
γ€Œγ•γγ€δ»Šγ€ζ‰‹γ‚’δΌΈγ°γ—γ¦ 」

Posted 27 September 2016 - 01:04 AM

Ake109
  • Premium member
    Ake109
    6th Gear
    Author Image

2010 meaning BM/BR series. Much faster than the NA but if you really want to zhng, the older (up to 09) BL/BP is easier to zhng.

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:14 AM

WML888
  • Premium member
    WML888
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Wow, really got such a forum thread ah? Cool Γ°

Well, they are both entirely different kinds of cars. One is a performance sedan that can smoke many fast-looking cars, and can be zhnged into be a giant slayer. The other competes directly against Kia K5, Hyundai Sonata, Nissan Teana, Toyota Camry and Honda Accord.

The turbo GT is way way way faster. Simply no competition. But the current NA Legacy BN9 I'm driving is more comfy, relatively economical, spacious, better HU, etc, for the uncle that I am, lol. And I love love love it to bits.

Boy racers grown up with family πŸ‘ͺ.

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:34 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

2010 meaning BM/BR series. Much faster than the NA but if you really want to zhng, the older (up to 09) BL/BP is easier to zhng.

Those Legacy Turbo,without modification,also fast enough for most drivers.

Fairlady.

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:41 AM

Muser
  • Premium member
    Muser
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Boy racers grown up with family Γ°Βͺ.

Hahah! My family definitely loves my new Legacy. CO likes the touchscreen HU, electric front passenger seat and big boot. And the kids love the legroom and rear aircon... and complain that I still drive too fast, though I don't understand how that's possible with an NA flat-four dragging almost 1.6 tonnes around.

I suppose true-blue boy racers, grown up or not, would still prefer to get an older GT, and GT wagons do have lots of storage space.

2010 meaning BM/BR series. Much faster than the NA but if you really want to zhng, the older (up to 09) BL/BP is easier to zhng.

Though if you're talking about brand-new parts, BM/BR might be easier to find. Though the flip side is that BL/BP have more used parts floating around.

Those Legacy Turbo,without modification,also fast enough for most drivers.

Very true.

Posted 27 September 2016 - 05:34 PM

mrhan1982
  • mrhan1982
    4th Gear
    Author Image

With current poor conditions of our local roads, pure performance is not no 1 priority for most. A decent level of performance with good ride comfort is more practical if the car is used as a daily ride. Not many cars can balance performance and ride comfort. 1 good example is the BMW 3 series f30. Very good damping performance with a sweet 2L twin scroll turbo engine. Interior cabin refinement is also important for many modern car owners as well. Gone are the days where many ppl only chase after raw performance. U can see where car manufacturers are heading these days...

Ive chose a modern day forester xt for its good refinement, spacious interior, good performance, good safety and good fuel efficiency. Despite having a turbo with a cvt, the performance is good enough for most family men ;)
I believe most of the current gen legacy owners feel the same way when they decided to get their rides.

Edited by mrhan1982, 27 September 2016 - 05:36 PM.

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:33 PM

mycarjunkie
  • Premium member
    mycarjunkie
    Clutched
    Author Image

The LGT is an entire different league from the non turbo legacy. Power comes from a modified Wrx 2.5 engine (EJ). Brakes and 4WD systems are also different. On a stock LGTon Ron 95 achieved 0-100 in 5.9, which makes it at least as fast as Golf Gti. Performance wise, it should be good enough to keep keep up with BMW 535.

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:00 PM

JohnSHL
  • Premium member
    JohnSHL
    Supercharged
    Author Image

The LGT is an entire different league from the non turbo legacy. Power comes from a modified Wrx 2.5 engine (EJ). Brakes and 4WD systems are also different. On a stock LGTon Ron 95 achieved 0-100 in 5.9, which makes it at least as fast as Golf Gti. Performance wise, it should be good enough to keep keep up with BMW 535.

stock 2.5L LGT vs a stock 535? uh... maybe got chance against a noob driver on twisty mountain roads but no contest on NSHW. I tried and got left behind. [laugh]

oh maybe cos mine is a puny 2L LGT with minor mods. [grin]

stock 2.5L LGT on ron95 can get 5.9s? unlikely, esp if autobox.

Tohto, Aaronlkl and Ingenius praised this

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:13 PM

mycarjunkie
  • Premium member
    mycarjunkie
    Clutched
    Author Image

5.9 is gps timed. 535i stock weights 1.9 tonnes, comes with 306 horses. While legacy is down on power at ~270, it weighs significantly less and 4WD. Perhaps you're right, at nshw, high speed 535 slightly faster.

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:07 PM

Earthboy
  • Earthboy
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I remember my Bl9 was 250bhp. 0 to 100 was at the high of 6ish.

The stock suspension was defiantly too soft and rock like a boat. I almost had car sick until I change to blistein and eibach spring.

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: subaru, subaru legacy 2.5 gt 2010 and 6 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users