How fast is 2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT vs Latest Legacy 2.5

Fastgear69

How fast is 2010 Subaru Legacy 2011 2.5 GT vs Latest Launch 2.5 Model with no Turbo

A colleague once drove a zhng 2.5gt legacy. I can say it can eat my current gem fxt alive any day. Lol. Those old 2.5 wrx Sti even scarier... Some zhng until near super car levels.if u wann pure raw power can go for either of 2.

Nowadays subarus are a lot tamer with new dit turbo boxers and smaller displacement engines and new cvt. Power delivery is linear and focus is more on practicality and refinement. In short, it's a family car Liao. U still can get the occasional kicks but not that kind of level of kick back with the cvt.

Edited by mrhan1982
  • Praise 1

Wow, really got such a forum thread ah? Cool ð

Well, they are both entirely different kinds of cars. One is a performance sedan that can smoke many fast-looking cars, and can be zhnged into be a giant slayer. The other competes directly against Kia K5, Hyundai Sonata, Nissan Teana, Toyota Camry and Honda Accord.

The turbo GT is way way way faster. Simply no competition. But the current NA Legacy BN9 I'm driving is more comfy, relatively economical, spacious, better HU, etc, for the uncle that I am, lol. And I love love love it to bits.

Boy racers grown up with family

2010 meaning BM/BR series. Much faster than the NA but if you really want to zhng, the older (up to 09) BL/BP is easier to zhng.

Those Legacy Turbo,without modification,also fast enough for most drivers.

Boy racers grown up with family ðª.

Hahah! My family definitely loves my new Legacy. CO likes the touchscreen HU, electric front passenger seat and big boot. And the kids love the legroom and rear aircon... and complain that I still drive too fast, though I don't understand how that's possible with an NA flat-four dragging almost 1.6 tonnes around.

I suppose true-blue boy racers, grown up or not, would still prefer to get an older GT, and GT wagons do have lots of storage space.

2010 meaning BM/BR series. Much faster than the NA but if you really want to zhng, the older (up to 09) BL/BP is easier to zhng.

Though if you're talking about brand-new parts, BM/BR might be easier to find. Though the flip side is that BL/BP have more used parts floating around.

Those Legacy Turbo,without modification,also fast enough for most drivers.

Very true.

With current poor conditions of our local roads, pure performance is not no 1 priority for most. A decent level of performance with good ride comfort is more practical if the car is used as a daily ride. Not many cars can balance performance and ride comfort. 1 good example is the BMW 3 series f30. Very good damping performance with a sweet 2L twin scroll turbo engine. Interior cabin refinement is also important for many modern car owners as well. Gone are the days where many ppl only chase after raw performance. U can see where car manufacturers are heading these days...

Ive chose a modern day forester xt for its good refinement, spacious interior, good performance, good safety and good fuel efficiency. Despite having a turbo with a cvt, the performance is good enough for most family men ;)

I believe most of the current gen legacy owners feel the same way when they decided to get their rides.

Edited by mrhan1982

The LGT is an entire different league from the non turbo legacy. Power comes from a modified Wrx 2.5 engine (EJ). Brakes and 4WD systems are also different. On a stock LGTon Ron 95 achieved 0-100 in 5.9, which makes it at least as fast as Golf Gti. Performance wise, it should be good enough to keep keep up with BMW 535.

The LGT is an entire different league from the non turbo legacy. Power comes from a modified Wrx 2.5 engine (EJ). Brakes and 4WD systems are also different. On a stock LGTon Ron 95 achieved 0-100 in 5.9, which makes it at least as fast as Golf Gti. Performance wise, it should be good enough to keep keep up with BMW 535.

stock 2.5L LGT vs a stock 535? uh... maybe got chance against a noob driver on twisty mountain roads but no contest on NSHW. I tried and got left behind. [laugh]

oh maybe cos mine is a puny 2L LGT with minor mods. [grin]

stock 2.5L LGT on ron95 can get 5.9s? unlikely, esp if autobox.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3