• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
21 replies to this topic | 25 praises

Posted 25 September 2016 - 06:39 PM

leeys
  • leeys
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys,First time car owner here,my car is a 9 year old toyota corolla fielder,its a opc car with 34k mileage

Trying to check my timing belt,I saw that on tbe internet that a timing belt is black color but this belt looks brown color

Would like to get your advice if this is my timing belt?

Posted 25 September 2016 - 06:45 PM

leeys
  • leeys
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

dODezmR.jpg

Posted 25 September 2016 - 06:53 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    4th Gear
    Author Image

no

Posted 25 September 2016 - 06:57 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Timing belt is inside the engine, usually covered by a plastic box.

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:05 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Timing belt is inside the engine, usually covered by a plastic box.

I did a quick Googling

it seems the Fielder has timing chain instead of belt.
Simpleonly praised this

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:13 PM

leeys
  • leeys
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I did a quick Googling

My fielder is a 2007 one,i am not sure if its belt or chain

Edited by leeys, 25 September 2016 - 07:13 PM.

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:13 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

That one you show is serpentine belt.
Lala81 praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:14 PM

leeys
  • leeys
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

That one you show is serpentine belt.

Ah i suspected it was serpentine belt,as i couldnt find any teeth on the inside and it doesnt seem like a timing belt

any idea if i could check my fielder is timing belt or chain?

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:20 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

1NZ engine on timing chain.
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:33 PM

Apple-Tree
  • Premium member
    Apple-Tree
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Since 2000, Toyota on Chain lor.

I did a quick Googling

No need to worry de.  Chain will out last the car lor

As for the Sepertine belt photo you shown, check for breakage every 100kkm.  or Now and then when free. Change if necessary

I ownself change at about 150kkm lor ...... no breakage .......... For the stake for cheap DIY.

Hi guys,First time car owner here,my car is a 9 year old toyota corolla fielder,its a opc car with 34k mileage

Trying to check my timing belt,I saw that on tbe internet that a timing belt is black color but this belt looks brown color

Would like to get your advice if this is my timing belt?

Phang praised this

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:37 PM

leeys
  • leeys
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

1NZ engine on timing chain.

my car engine is VVT-I

Since 2000, Toyota on Chain lor.

No need to worry de. Chain will out last the car lor

As for the Sepertine belt photo you shown, check for breakage every 100kkm. or Now and then when free. Change if necessary

I ownself change at about 150kkm lor ...... no breakage .......... For the stake for cheap DIY.

That means its safe to assume my 2007 fielder is a timing chain?

I really hope its a timing chain,timing belt seems really troublesome

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:44 PM

lausai88
  • Premium member
    lausai88
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

only 34k mileage, dont bother lah

Yewheng and Simpleonly praised this

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:49 PM

leeys
  • leeys
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

only 34k mileage, dont bother lah

Yup,just want to be safe

Actually I did some research it seems that 1998 Corolla onwards,all Corolla uses timing chain

But I am afraid if that applies to fielder also?

Edited by leeys, 25 September 2016 - 07:58 PM.

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:59 PM

Apple-Tree
  • Premium member
    Apple-Tree
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Yes. Should be ......Their engine have no fancy name ...... only model number like NZZ FEZZ ......

The last time my timing belt broke, on expressway, is 1998 lor.  Lucky the valve never got in the way of the piston ..... a Fiat.

Borneo Motors SE always like to say then ...... Chain Timing ..... AND bonus ...... No engine break in required.  You can floor the engine immediate collect new car ..... sure bo ?? Never try .......

Now all like chain already.

Kia, Hyundai  .... 2005 1.8L onwards.

my car engine is VVT-I
That means its safe to assume my 2007 fielder is a timing chain?

I really hope its a timing chain,timing belt seems really troublesome

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:03 PM

leeys
  • leeys
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Thanks Apple and everyone's help,So glad its a timing chain,Less trouble for me!

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:55 AM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Wah TS, how did you only managed 34k km in the entire 9yrs you own it? Seems a bit wasted leh.. 9 yrs but most of the time left parking in CP. Most pple hit that figure within 2 yrs wor!!

Posted 26 September 2016 - 11:20 AM

Ahgong
  • Premium member
    Ahgong
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Wah TS, how did you only managed 34k km in the entire 9yrs you own it? Seems a bit wasted leh.. 9 yrs but most of the time left parking in CP. Most pple hit that figure within 2 yrs wor!!

car was probably used to run local errands at the owner's own estate.

:slow: or is it the case of the odo finishing one cycle and now on the second cycle?!?  :slow:

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:54 PM

leeys
  • leeys
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Brought it from my friend,he rarely drives it,mostly on weekends,only go malaysia once or twice a year

car was probably used to run local errands at the owner's own estate.

:slow: or is it the case of the odo finishing one cycle and now on the second cycle?!? :slow:

haha no la,odo has never been changed before

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:07 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Weird that the serpentine belt is brown

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:12 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Weird that the serpentine belt is brown

Maybe from rust, pick up from the pulleys.

It's actually quite common. I've seen quite a few.

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

SgGarage Edwin

SgGarage Edwin  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by miki0218  |  Neutral Newbie

Serviced my car & Done my air con cooling coil changed at Edwin Garage at BLK 5032 Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2 #01-295 Singapore 569535. Price consider reasonable and I trust their workmanship as my friend did his repair there too.

In October, my car air-con gas leaked and I was recommended by my friend to go to Edwin Garage for an evaluation. Went and met E... » Read More

L & Kim Car Air-Conditioning

L & Kim Car Air-Conditioning  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Lordmazex  |  2nd Gear

The AD workshop needs 3 days to change the cooling coil, they changed a new air con cooling coil for me within half a day. They know what they are doing. The rate was reasonable as well.

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Repair & Servicing

Quick Reply

Tags: timing belt belt timing, timing and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users