Tampines Roof Sunshade collapse

RadX

i dread to imagine the repercussions if this happened in Hougang....

If this happened in hougang or aljunied, thats it for them. And P*P will keeps bringing up this incidence until the next GE! Lol.

• Praise 4

Wa, concrete sunshade can also dropped off? Damn power now!  :o 

These concrete shades are a tad too heavy and bulky.

Looks like the wire mesh rusted insai the concrete block and it broke off . . .

good thing it did not fall off and cause some serious damage or injury [grin]

Based on HDB info ,this block is build 30 days ago..

not sure if the sunshade is a recent additional or part of the original building..

30 days? [grin]

• Praise 1

yes. but i also heard "scary" stories that now with so many developments chop chop to build - they are barely meeting requirement. even steel bar is lesser and not the super tok kong bar like the 80/90s ... how long they can hold - yet to be proven especially now with climate change in terms of super heavy rain and super hot

a lot of shit happening nowaday with new development like Jem shit happen multiple times, flooding, simi collapse, crack on train, etc is a testament of "poor engineering" surfacing now ... everything must be cheap and meet requirement (1.2m corridor also meet requirement)

Actually this flat would have been built in the 80's most likely since someone said that its like 30 years old

Alot of changes happened in the  70's/80's buildings like ; spalling concrete and the oil crisis pushed up the cost of everything and developers started the short changing on the raw materials or started to do quick deadline jobs as things moved too fast and rapidly in SGP back then

The solid houses would be the ones built in the 60's; Drill hole into wall also can feel the difference already; Even the electical wires are still good and switches - the big fat round ones marked "Empire" really solid though fat and awful looking compared to today's flushed switches which after even like less than 10 years start acting up ; My house even MK brand also damn teruk can spoil one so fast        

• Praise 6

Why all the fuss?

Nothing a bit of super glue won't solve.

:D

must use selley's or 3M hor, other brands cannot make it..

still cannot, double reinforce w cable ties..

after few mths, rectify cracks..

must use selley's or 3M hor, other brands cannot make it..

still cannot, double reinforce w cable ties..

after few mths, rectify cracks..

Can try my MIL oats porridge.

Once it sticks so hard nothing

can tear it away.

:D

Actually this flat would have been built in the 80's most likely since someone said that its like 30 years old

Alot of changes happened in the  70's/80's buildings like ; spalling concrete and the oil crisis pushed up the cost of everything and developers started the short changing on the raw materials or started to do quick deadline jobs as things moved too fast and rapidly in SGP back then

The solid houses would be the ones built in the 60's; Drill hole into wall also can feel the difference already; Even the electical wires are still good and switches - the big fat round ones marked "Empire" really solid though fat and awful looking compared to today's flushed switches which after even like less than 10 years start acting up ; My house even MK brand also damn teruk can spoil one so fast        

very worrying nowadays stuffs aren't lasting or even fail earlier than expected, from appliances to machines to residences.

thinking how lasting my next ride will be before repairs...

Old people in my mother's era is saying, house nowadays is like lego block, no longer as sturdy as those pour cement in and slowly build up.

The sunshade block was constructed during that era.

I think prefab blocks finishing much better that cast-in-situ block.

Because the wall do not need plastering.

• Praise 1

14390888_10154088370477572_4256444772662

alright.. so pictures shows got rebar.. whichever PE that sign off this will be very scared now..

Ever hear of IRAS computer system breaking down?  [laugh]  [laugh]

LTA COE bidding server crashed before   [laugh]

Edited by Shull
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3