Tampines Roof Sunshade collapse

RadX

How many times has this occurred, how many buildings we have in SG? Arrive at the statistics.... You get the answers from our ministars when you tried to ask difficult questions.

Best to just move forward...

[:p]

Spalling concrete has been there around since like very long time .... 40 years?? , Move on ... No major injuries; Like an eyesore but some flats have been affected more and some have got it fixed by govt. ; My parents old place (private) also kenna this spalling (was 35 years old) n got enbloc  so no history of it after that; some places I have seen even the wire mesh exposed rusty rusty  

Spalling concrete has been there around since like very long time .... 40 years?? , Move on ... No major injuries; Like an eyesore but some flats have been affected more and some have got it fixed by govt. ; My parents old place (private) also kenna this spalling (was 35 years old) n got enbloc  so no history of it after that; some places I have seen even the wire mesh exposed rusty rusty  

So HDB must make it compulsory that flats cannot be more than 40 years, and should enbloc by the flat reaches 40 year old?!

So HDB must make it compulsory that flats cannot be more than 40 years, and should enbloc by the flat reaches 40 year old?!

i can only say .... I guess so..... maybe those old SIT (Singapore Improvement Trust ones are still standing - maybe they got Heritage title or of some sorts ) Tiong Bahru  ones are still around though and infact the one's at Siglap have been vacated since like last few months already   

I better check my car visor too.. skale fall off in the wind while [drivingcar]  [drivingcar] [drivingcar]  

At the same time, can also check your coil 'spring' and shock absorbers....... [sly]  

Your constant "rock & roll" inside the car in dark & deserted car parks could weaken the suspensions .... :a-whiteflag:  

:XD:

At the same time, can also check your coil 'spring' and shock absorbers....... [sly]

Your constant "rock & roll" inside the car in dark & deserted car parks could weaken the suspensions .... :a-whiteflag:

:XD:

Hahahaha... takes one to know one...

i can only say .... I guess so..... maybe those old SIT (Singapore Improvement Trust ones are still standing - maybe they got Heritage title or of some sorts ) Tiong Bahru  ones are still around though and infact the one's at Siglap have been vacated since like last few months already   

I think there are plenty of old flats which have past 40 years old still standing in many area here la, dont think hdb would be able to enbloc so many of them. Cause even after hdb announced on enbloc, its still need to take at least 5 years for administration works and building of flats to be completed. By the time when residents finally moved out, think flats maybe near 50 years old liao if the flats got enbloc after 40 years plus?! Lol.

I think there are plenty of old flats which have past 40 years old still standing in many area here la, dont think hdb would be able to enbloc so many of them. Cause even after hdb announced on enbloc, its still need to take at least 5 years for administration works and building of flats to be completed. By the time when residents finally moved out, think flats maybe near 50 years old liao if the flats got enbloc after 40 years plus?! Lol.

Its all dependent on the Govt. Rochore centre was built in 1977 and 2017 its going to be demolished to make way in the name of development and its prime commercial  land (in govt view i'm sure)  - that 40 years perfect..in fact most of the tenants and residents have vacated;  After that is those Waterloo Street HDB apts might also have to go (akan datang soon , just speculating) as they are in CBD already 

Siglap Road flats , i was told were built in 1963 , now also almost fully vacated ... thats over 50 years

Of  course they wont built something immediately unless if there is a pressing need...... they will leave it as an empty field initially always for a few years ...... same thing for the Eunos HDB workshops and also in old Blanco Court and also the Sungei road area 

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

isn't that already happening?  :dizzy:

isn't that already happening?  :dizzy:

Yeap and that the approximate number to go by +/- 10% depending on govt suka suka wish

Maybe they might preserve the Siglap flats .... no body knows  like what they did to the Tiong Bahru ones and make them atas atas and trendy...... and sort of " preserve" the sleepy Siglap fishing or SIT status of the 60's     

Supercharged

Yeap and that the approximate number to go by +/- 10% depending on govt suka suka wish

Maybe they might preserve the Siglap flats .... no body knows  like what they did to the Tiong Bahru ones and make them atas atas and trendy...... and sort of " preserve" the sleepy Siglap fishing or SIT status of the 60's     

won't bet my knickers on it yet.

anyways, back to the main topic. i still dun see any investigative reports on the case.

no BOI? no IA? no audit?

what are the follow up actions other than tell TC to poh matah?

won't bet my knickers on it yet.

anyways, back to the main topic. i still dun see any investigative reports on the case.

no BOI? no IA? no audit?

what are the follow up actions other than tell TC to poh matah?

HDbee playing God now , or they think they are bigger than him ...... I olso dunt know 

• Praise 1

My MIL owns one of the SIT flats (post war ones).

Not all are conserved. Still waiting for enbloc.

how come never reveal name of contractor who built it? 

fail to see how this is not a criminal offence 

I think ST article had the contractor name and stated that the company already closed down in the 1990s....

• Praise 1

how come never reveal name of contractor who built it? 

fail to see how this is not a criminal offence 

could corruption be involved ?

↡ Advertisement