• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
69 replies to this topic | 111 praises

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:19 PM

therock
  • therock
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

It seems that there are car sales everywhere..

Is it really GSS time for cars, or just gimmicks?

I recently had a chat with one rep, and the rep confided, that around this time, the companies, typically the ADs, will need to rouse up sales if they have not met the annual targets.

And if you get it now, from reps who have not met their annual targets, there is a bigger hunger, so they will be willing to share their commissions with you, and help you get a better price. 

Having been to two sales recently, I can tell you from a first person point of view that the reps are truly keen to close a deal, and if you are really keen, get that cheque book ready, there are deals to be had.

For example, BMW has their 100 year sale, and one can score a BMW 116d for 123k plus a bunch of freebies.

The quantum of freebies that you get will depend on your bargaining skills and which rep is more hungry.

So is a senior rep better or a junior one? IMO, the latter. He / she has targets to met, and is more willing to forgo the commission in order to keep his / her job. 

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:47 PM

Freeder
  • Premium member
    Freeder
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

True for those "cold door" brand cars..
Alfa , Infiniti , Citroen , Renault , Opel...
FYI , my Frd told me that he nego for his new Renault Megane GT-line Diesel till the SE concussed n grudgingly accepted his target price.
He said no need to give face one as those cars are actually good to drive for the 1st 3 yrs n then sell it off with the depre calculated to his comfort zone..
U go Toyota or Merc , they tell u not to waste each other time ..
Pinobii and Columbian78 praised this

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:15 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

True for those "cold door" brand cars..
Alfa , Infiniti , Citroen , Renault , Opel...
FYI , my Frd told me that he nego for his new Renault Megane GT-line Diesel till the SE concussed n grudgingly accepted his target price.
He said no need to give face one as those cars are actually good to drive for the 1st 3 yrs n then sell it off with the depre calculated to his comfort zone..
U go Toyota or Merc , they tell u not to waste each other time ..

The question is did your friend secure his COE? No point get good price but fail to get COE...

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:22 PM

Freeder
  • Premium member
    Freeder
    6th Gear
    Author Image

The question is did your friend secure his COE? No point get good price but fail to get COE...

Display unit๐Ÿ˜

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:24 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Display unit๐Ÿ˜

How much cheaper? Needs to be significant for me to consider. If 10k discount, I will take display unit.

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:37 PM

Ttl1976
  • Premium member
    Ttl1976
    5th Gear
    Author Image

if is 20k of porsche display unit, i take. 10k, i buy new

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:52 PM

Freeder
  • Premium member
    Freeder
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Only can give u this range : 92~95 k
car50 praised this

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:55 PM

therock
  • therock
    5th Gear
    Author Image

It's interesting for example, how many VW event cars they have, how many Mazda demo cars they have..

And BMW seems to always have 3-6 months old cars for sale..

A way of moving cars? 

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:49 PM

coldastone17
  • coldastone17
    Clutched
    Author Image

It seems that there are car sales everywhere..

Is it really GSS time for cars, or just gimmicks?

I recently had a chat with one rep, and the rep confided, that around this time, the companies, typically the ADs, will need to rouse up sales if they have not met the annual targets.

And if you get it now, from reps who have not met their annual targets, there is a bigger hunger, so they will be willing to share their commissions with you, and help you get a better price. 

Having been to two sales recently, I can tell you from a first person point of view that the reps are truly keen to close a deal, and if you are really keen, get that cheque book ready, there are deals to be had.

For example, BMW has their 100 year sale, and one can score a BMW 116d for 123k plus a bunch of freebies.

The quantum of freebies that you get will depend on your bargaining skills and which rep is more hungry.

So is a senior rep better or a junior one? IMO, the latter. He / she has targets to met, and is more willing to forgo the commission in order to keep his / her job. 

Yup..agreed. My buddy jus got a call from his Subaru SE..after 5 months missing in action, called to say 5k discount if book by end oct

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:46 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    5th Gear
    Author Image

if is 20k of porsche display unit, i take. 10k, i buy new

Golf GTi heard the display unit can go as much as 15K liao let alone porker should be 35 to 45 K 

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:23 AM

therock
  • therock
    5th Gear
    Author Image

If we talk about new cars, during the Audi warehouse sale, there were offers for a basic A3 sedan. Bare bones unit. The same price is now available - 119k for the basic car, and they also provide more freebies..

I guess the reps are hungry.. 

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:50 AM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut

Those brands that have to swap house files in the showrooms are more hungry for sales.
This is my country, this is my life. This is my people.

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:51 PM

Ahbengdriver
  • Ahbengdriver
    6th Gear
    Author Image

My crystal ball tells me the next move by the ADs is if you buy a $150k and above car, an OSIM Massage chair will be thrown in as well, plus 1 box of tissue paper.

===========================================================================
I am looking for another word other than "disgusting" to describe 4.62 minion but bcos I neber pass my PSLE, the only word I know is "KNNBCBB"

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:59 PM

therock
  • therock
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hey guys, i don't know if i should post this here but i need help. I need some parts for my car but im on a really tight budget. I found a site that provides me the best prices but i dont know if i can trust them for the quality...... Pleash check and tell me what you think, do someone ordered somethin from them and if yes, was everithing ok with the order. Here's the site thanks upfront

Hi bro

No link.. but anyways you may be better off asking in the maintenance section :)

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:28 PM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

My Friend played hard ball and got a further $3,000 off the Jetta Trendline.

To calculate cost of car, take OMV X 2.35 + COE value = cost of car to distributor.

Most make at least a 5 figure profit for each Sale. There is margin to knock down price further.

Edited by Vinceng, 04 October 2016 - 10:31 PM.

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:47 PM

Verve
  • Verve
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I think u have to factor in some other things before u get to profits. Volkswagen omvs look low for the kind of cars in its class there are probably some fees somewhere else to negate the low omvs to cover the car basic costs. What about cost of capital to hold stock and cost of storage showroom salesman costs etc

I suspect the real profit would be half of what is actually calculated based on basic costs which means prolly 6-8k per car and factoring the warranty and workshop service it seems reasonable especially in Singapore where land costs can be very high
I think u have to factor in some other things before u get to profits. Volkswagen omvs look low for the kind of cars in its class there are probably some fees somewhere else to negate the low omvs to cover the car basic costs. What about cost of capital to hold stock and cost of storage showroom salesman costs etc

I suspect the real profit would be half of what is actually calculated based on basic costs which means prolly 6-8k per car and factoring the warranty and workshop service it seems reasonable especially in Singapore where land costs can be very high

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:51 PM

Yeobt
  • Yeobt
    6th Gear
    Author Image

everyone knows the economy is getting bad now. though the COE prices are still strong, the biggest car buyers in the last few months were the rental companies related to grab and uber which have ready users in their waiting list.

those car brands that are not in favor by the GU will be facing slower sales.

hopefully the COE could be soften after the sunset. 

Showster praised this

(i love my old car like i love my money, so i decided to keep an old car and keep my money from LTA)  [thumbsup] 

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:53 PM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My Friend played hard ball and got a further $3,000 off the Jetta Trendline.

To calculate cost of car, take OMV X 2.35 + COE value = cost of car to distributor.

Most make at least a 5 figure profit for each Sale. There is margin to knock down price further.

sad to say your friend got tricked by the vcs se

the 3k additional discount no need to play hardball also can get

๐Ÿ˜‚
Carbon82 and Vratenza praised this

Posted 07 October 2016 - 10:56 PM

EddieTan_121099
  • EddieTan_121099
    Clutched
    Author Image

I think its all about business and money making. It's already a given fact that COE quantity is going to be the highest around this period and this trend will not last forever. After next year, COE quantity should gradually reduce unless government change policy again. Very unlikely given the fact that they are pushing for car-lite society.

Which AD don't want to ride this bull wave? Doesn't matter if they throw in freebie or bring in the lowest end bare bone model as long as there are money to be make, why not? At the end of the day, AD always make money from new car sales, bundled insurance, loan and trade in etc

Posted 08 October 2016 - 01:01 AM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I think its all about business and money making. It's already a given fact that COE quantity is going to be the highest around this period and this trend will not last forever. After next year, COE quantity should gradually reduce unless government change policy again. Very unlikely given the fact that they are pushing for car-lite society.

Which AD don't want to ride this bull wave? Doesn't matter if they throw in freebie or bring in the lowest end bare bone model as long as there are money to be make, why not? At the end of the day, AD always make money from new car sales, bundled insurance, loan and trade in etc

I beg to differ.

The government makes the most money by selling e-paper a.k.a. COE, for $50K a piece. [:p]  

Edited by Vinceng, 08 October 2016 - 01:02 AM.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: sales, cars, companies, getting and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users