Car jerks when accelerating and carrying lots of passenger

leeys

Hi bros,need some advice on my car jerking issue,my car is a 9 year old toyota corolla fielder with 34k mileage

Previously it has jerking issue during acceleration(only jerks between 2000-2500rpm),after I went to a workshop and changed the fuel pump/fuel filter/fuel regulator/gas pedal sensor,the issue was solved

However,these 2 days,I started ferrying my friends,one of them is 160kg and the other is around 85kg.When I accelerate on slopes or to overtake,the car will jerk(between 2000-2500rpm again)and lose power until I release the gas pedal,and accelerate again

When my 160kg friend got off the car,the car has no issues and got the power again,I would like to ask if heavy weight could cause the jerking issue?

thanks bros

↡ Advertisement

sorry forgotten to mention that i already changed spark plugs and did ATF flush also

Check your ignition cables. Sounds like misfire piston

Sorry car noob here,is ignition coil and ignition cable the same thing?

And has very little to do with heavy friends.

Coil pack and SP is about to kong out anyway.

spark plugs changed last month,but ignition coils has never been changed before

Wow. 9yr old only 34k mileage???

yup,its a opc car,mostly only drive on weekends

Sorry car noob here,is ignition coil and ignition cable the same thing?

If yours is the standard ignition, (not coil-on-plug), then you have ignition coils, which is connected by spark plug cables ( usually about 1 ft long), then the spark plugs.

Ignition coils and spark plug cables can wear out, causing misfire.

If the coils are ok have your gearbox checked, maybe one of the gear speed has issues and slipping.

Take note when this issue happen which gear are you in (butt feel as there's no indication in the dashboard) Switch from D to L and see if it happens. Check your ATF levels too to make sure not leaking..

Edited by Pocus

If yours is the standard ignition, (not coil-on-plug), then you have ignition coils, which is connected by spark plug cables ( usually about 1 ft long), then the spark plugs.

Ignition coils and spark plug cables can wear out, causing misfire.

Yup will get them checked at the workshop this weekend

If the coils are ok have your gearbox checked, maybe one of the gear speed has issues and slipping.

Take note when this issue happen which gear are you in (butt feel as there's no indication in the dashboard) Switch from D to L and see if it happens. Check your ATF levels too to make sure not leaking..

Hopefully not gearbox issue,gearbox overhaul is 2k+,it always happen in D and around 2000-3000 rpm,Ok will try this matter later Edited by leeys

Hi bros,need some advice on my car jerking issue,my car is a 9 year old toyota corolla fielder with 34k mileage

Previously it has jerking issue during acceleration(only jerks between 2000-2500rpm),after I went to a workshop and changed the fuel pump/fuel filter/fuel regulator/gas pedal sensor,the issue was solved

However,these 2 days,I started ferrying my friends,one of them is 160kg and the other is around 85kg.When I accelerate on slopes or to overtake,the car will jerk(between 2000-2500rpm again)and lose power until I release the gas pedal,and accelerate again

When my 160kg friend got off the car,the car has no issues and got the power again,I would like to ask if heavy weight could cause the jerking issue?

thanks bros

Sound like stale fuel or fuel filter, you can try pump in new petrol and try drive your heavy friend around and see if it happen again. maybe a bottle of injector cleaner too to clean the injector up.

Sound like stale fuel or fuel filter, you can try pump in new petrol and try drive your heavy friend around and see if it happen again. maybe a bottle of injector cleaner too to clean the injector up.

just changed fuel pump/filter/regulator last friday and pumped full tank on monday

i have never cleaned the fuel injector before,i will try it this weekend

Edited by leeys

TS, how come a 34k km mileage car can have so many problems? Doesn't add up leh. Even though it is 9yrs old but the parts should be pretty new and not much wear and tear should be expected mah.. You sure your friend didn't reset/tamper with the Odo?

• Praise 1

If you have changed so many of the ignition/fuel components, i suspect its the clutch slipping in the CVT gearbox.

i am going to check ignition coil and the fuel injector,some bros here think it could be misfiring

TS, how come a 34k km mileage car can have so many problems? Doesn't add up leh. Even though it is 9yrs old but the parts should be pretty new and not much wear and tear should be expected mah.. You sure your friend didn't reset/tamper with the Odo?

Yup I am sure he didnt tamper the odo

He only drives every weekend and goes to malaysia once/twice every year

Apparently,i checked on the internet and with some mechanics,cars that is parked for a long time and seldom drive,gets alot of problems

Edited by leeys

under usage is also a problem.

Got 1 stage my car travels less than 5km a day. The car battery went karpu 2 times in 4 months. Not enough time to charge up. Hence, got to go joyride on weekend.

Neutral Newbie

thanks bros

I am currently driving a toyota vios and have similar issue as well, i don't think is due to your friend or the weight. 

I have jerking issue during acceleration and vibration when at stationary position for multiple times. So i decided to send my car to agent for a check and realized is sensor issue.

I guess is better to send your car for a check if same issue happens again. 

• Praise 1