Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
79 replies to this topic | 156 praises

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:43 PM

Eagle_Eye
  • Eagle_Eye
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I made my trip last week to JB to change my set of tyres Michelin 195/65R15 XM2 4pcs Made in Thailand 2016 tyres at RM240 per piece. The tyre performance was really great and I got saving of atleast RM500 as compare to changing to Singapore (Saving from Tyres & Petrol). The cheapest price I could get in Singapore for this particular tyre was S$120/piece, and thus the discount is at least 50% as compared to changing tyres in JB. You guys can check it out this seller at Carousel  https://carousell.com/p/66822027/. The service was great and I enjoyed a good Bak Kut Teh at Taman Sentosa  [;)]

Mahjong74 and Fcw75 praised this

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:20 AM

JohnSHL
  • Premium member
    JohnSHL
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i think this savings only applies to smaller tires... 16" or smaller.

for 17", not much difference

for 18" and above, SG usually cheaper.

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:20 AM

Eagle_Eye
  • Eagle_Eye
    Clutched
    Author Image

Yes, the savings are on the 14-16 inches. The rest Singapore is better. 

i think this savings only applies to smaller tires... 16" or smaller.

for 17", not much difference

for 18" and above, SG usually cheaper.

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:34 AM

Ichibawa
  • Premium member
    Ichibawa
    5th Gear
    Author Image

There are cases that tires are being "re-manufactured" in My and sold as new that is why prices are unbelievably cheap. Not saying all of the tyre shops in My are black shops but it is just personal preference.

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:40 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think one tire shop in JB can't represent the whole of Malaysia.

Just saying.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:02 AM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    6th Gear
    Author Image

There are cases that tires are being "re-manufactured" in My and sold as new that is why prices are unbelievably cheap. Not saying all of the tyre shops in My are black shops but it is just personal preference.

how to re-manufactured tyres lol.

buy tyres basically new or used.

if used see yourself aga aga how many tread % left.

new tyres just check DOM, as long as not 3-4 years should be ok

if very pacticular where its make , can check on side wall easily also.

if any tyres dun have this 2 info, u can skip it.

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:04 AM

Eagle_Eye
  • Eagle_Eye
    Clutched
    Author Image

The tyre was fresh (2616) June tyre... and is made in Thailand.

I think re-manufactured only refering to those big lorry tyres. LOL

Beregond and BanCoe praised this

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:12 AM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

maybe he meant rethread the tyres.😑

The tyre was fresh (2616) June tyre... and is made in Thailand.

I think re-manufactured only refering to those big lorry tyres. LOL

i bought my tyres bridgestone re003 in jb....the shop owner didnt carry that brand but he specially ordered them for me.....rm237 per piece including balancing and alignment.
Beregond, Thaiyotakamli and Zxcvb praised this
Together We stand Alone

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:14 AM

Ichibawa
  • Premium member
    Ichibawa
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Re-thread is one option if there are still sufficient rubber left. I have seen reports that some used old tire base add new compound, go through the vulcanizing process and these are sold as new. 

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:53 AM

Bairen
  • Premium member
    Bairen
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Re-thread is one option if there are still sufficient rubber left. I have seen reports that some used old tire base add new compound, go through the vulcanizing process and these are sold as new. 

something like this?

Ahgong praised this

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:56 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This is very dangerous as thread getting thin, car with full load or at high speed may risk of getting tyre burst
RH1667 praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:59 AM

Ahgong
  • Premium member
    Ahgong
    Supercharged
    Author Image

something like this?

well, where public transport fails, and having a car is necessary to get from point A to B, these kinda tires are sometimes lifesavers for those in financial difficulties.

one thing for sure, it helped some of my relatives to tide over the tough times when putting food is more important than changing tires, and driving with rethreaded tires is safer than bald ones.

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:05 AM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    6th Gear
    Author Image

something like this?

last time they call it cooking the tyres

dun know if its the exact process in the video.

but we car driver just relax, this cooking tyres is for heavy duty vehicle, mostly transport company use only

and mainly is use for tube type tyres .

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:12 AM

w7_lee
  • w7_lee
    1st Gear
    Author Image

This is very dangerous as thread getting thin, car with full load or at high speed may risk of getting tyre burst

Definetly not for high speed use. Maybe for vehicles in other country, like vehicles use in a quarry or farm vehicle (low speed but carry heavy load).

Thaiyotakamli praised this

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:17 AM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Car, truck, buses , construction machinery and even air planes tyres  are retread many time ( so long as the casing is in good condition) before they are finally discarded. You can detect tyres that us cold process in retreading ( basically the new tyre treads are glue onto the casings ) but for hot process it's almost impossible for a layman to detect tyres that have undergo retreading.

Visit My Facebook for the latest automotive breaking news & innovative specialty tools.

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:25 AM

Wish69
  • Wish69
    Clutched
    Author Image

Hi guys,

I usually change my tyre and rim at Era Maju.

They are one of the authorised Michelin reseller.

They quite reputable in JB...has 3 branches.
- Desa Jaya (original)

- Rosmerah (My usual shop to do servicing and change tyre.)

- Mout Austin

Last year September, I trade my 15" rim to 17" w/Michelin SP3 tyre from Era Maju. I did compare the tyre price with Singapore and found that they are still cheaper.

What I like is they do balancing and alignment but in Singapore only provide balancing.

Just another option for you guys. [sunny]

takeshikaneshiro79 praised this

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:29 AM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Car, truck, buses , construction machinery and even air planes tyres  are retread many time ( so long as the casing is in good condition) before they are finally discarded. You can detect tyres that us cold process in retreading ( basically the new tyre treads are glue onto the casings ) but for hot process it's almost impossible for a layman to detect tyres that have undergo retreading.

ya , but tyres make that way.

i doubt they have all the nessary marking or printing , other info on the tyres??

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:46 AM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged
    Author Image

ya , but tyres make that way.

i doubt they have all the nessary marking or printing , other info on the tyres??

It is not difficult to put markings onto the tyres, just have them on the alumium tyre moulds and they will be tranfer as positive displays, its just like manufacturing tyres except the process of making the tyre casing is bypass.

Hi guys,

- Desa Jaya (original)

- Mout Austin

Last year September, I trade my 15" rim to 17" w/Michelin SP3 tyre from Era Maju. I did compare the tyre price with Singapore and found that they are still cheaper.

What I like is they do balancing and alignment but in Singapore only provide balancing.

All rubber products imported into malaysia marketplace is subjected to high tax just to protect the local rubber industry.

Edited by Yeobh, 29 September 2016 - 10:43 AM.

Visit My Facebook for the latest automotive breaking news & innovative specialty tools.

Posted 29 September 2016 - 11:21 AM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    Supercharged
    Author Image

my B-I-L always change his tyres in Malaysia..

really much cheaper?

I never.. cos Malaysia don't have my size..

I'm using 195 45 15

but I'm thinking of 175 65 15 for comfort..

maybe can be even more efficient? :D

However, I fear when comes to immediate stopping.

Is the rubber good enough as compare to 195.

bluey Tiko Ranger

I have a pen, I have an apple..

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:31 PM

Eagle_Eye
  • Eagle_Eye
    Clutched
    Author Image

Bro, I have checked with ERA Maju and they quoted me RM280/piece. Yes they are cheaper than Singapore, but not cheapest in JB. 

Hi guys,

- Desa Jaya (original)

- Mout Austin

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Thio Tyre & Battery Services

Thio Tyre & Battery Services  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Tigerboy  |  Neutral Newbie

$10 for tyre patch that is made in the USA that lasted only for 5 months. Absolutely crap. Will never go back to this shop ever. You have been warned.

E-Rev Motor Sports LLP

E-Rev Motor Sports LLP  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by lipster  |  Neutral Newbie

E-Rev Motor Sports LLP, New location is spacious with good variety of Car products and accessories. Did my Engine oil servicing (Castrol edge) for KIA PICANTO 7 recommended by the staff there for value for money. Staff very attentive and did a good job in servicing and identifying parts that require to be replaced. They keep up to the culture of spending/replacement onl... » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Tyres & Rims

Quick Reply

Tags: toyota and 7 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users