My experience of changing my tyres in Malaysia.

Eagle_Eye

To be honest if guy who dare to venture shall go to other shop slightly further from town- servivibg, car washing etc all cheaper and safer at some point. Imagine u pay rm20 to wash in town with long queue but same price u can wash at rm 8 no queue with few people focusing wash your car :-)

↡ Advertisement

Singapore is a free market, now our market had extended to our neighbor land. 

to  be fair , I cant say Sin shop sell you higher price, everybody  know our business cost is much higher compare to our friendly business shop in Mal.

So is entirely free market for us to go anywhere if think is comfortable(subjective) to go where they want to spend his $

when I say free market meaning Market forces will adjust according to demand and supply .

I can imaging if many Sin car go Mal to buy there, and their WS start to have long q , you think they Boss wont raise their $ ?

let me tell you 100% up.

later the Mal local start making noise Sin pushing their cost of Living up

Replacing the tubless valve and even cleaning the rim inside should be part and parcel of the services provided when  buying new tyres. Frankly the service level of most tyre shops are far from desired quality level.

Edited by Yeobh

For importers and resellers pricing of a product depends on many variable factors and for majority of customers selecting the products don't just base on price alone.  Product brand and country of origin, shop service level, equipment / tools used, conveniences  etc  and etc are the deciding factors.

Singapore is a free market, now our market had extended to our neighbor land.

to be fair , I cant say Sin shop sell you higher price, everybody know our business cost is much higher compare to our friendly business shop in Mal.

So is entirely free market for us to go anywhere if think is comfortable(subjective) to go where they want to spend his $

when I say free market meaning Market forces will adjust according to demand and supply .

I can imaging if many Sin car go Mal to buy there, and their WS start to have long q , you think they Boss wont raise their $ ?

let me tell you 100% up.

later the Mal local start making noise Sin pushing their cost of Living up

We can also say the Malaysian working in Singapore is depressing our pay....

Cars normally FOC. Just ask nicely or ask them "does it include change of valves" after checking the tyre price?  :D

Motorcycles have to pay. $10 per valve even if the tyre costs $200-300 each.  [knife]

I see, always good to change the thre valve together when changing tyre. Doesn't cost much.

Edited by Kangadrool

Cars normally FOC. Just ask nicely or ask them "does it include change of valves" after checking the tyre price? :D

Motorcycles have to pay. $10 per valve even if the tyre costs $200-300 each. [knife]

JB shop didn't change for him.

I'm still thinking if i should change tyres in sg or jb.. jb is def cheaper, I can get Bridgestone or continental in jb but for the same price here in sg I can only get kumho.. but if there are any problems with the tyres, I can't be running up down jb to solve it..

Hi bro,

What is the problem for NEW tyres?

Pls enlighten so I can take note in future when changing.

Turbocharged

i have heard of refurbished tyres from malaysia... one of my colleague's rim was scratched while they were changing tyres in malaysia... for me, i feel it will be headache if i were to go up down JB in case there is any issue with the tyres..i rather pay a bit more here to have a peace of mind.. just my thoughts..

Tyres are all imported in Singapore. There is no special formula tyres specifically made for Singapore market. Paying more in Singapore doesn't give you better tyres. And most mechanics are Malaysians too. So why pay more?

post-4330-0-47797300-1477282904_thumb.jpg

think for bnb cars, changing tyres may be worth a shot. my msian buddies - those who do not drive bnb cars and those who do (foreign brands).. actually come down to Spore to get the following:

(a) Tyres

(b) BBKs

© Solar films

(d) sound system

according to them they say its 30-40% cheaper (not I say) and also if not cheaper, you get what you paid for. In MY lots of fakes and reconditioned.

another reason.. majority of cars in MY "national" cars.. there are more foreign cars in SG.. stockiest also here. Not to mention the "better and more skill" technicians are working in SG and not in MY..only the lousy ones stay back..

so make your choice.. my M'sian buddies did..

Tyres are all imported in Singapore. There is no special formula tyres specifically made for Singapore market. Paying more in Singapore doesn't give you better tyres. And most mechanics are Malaysians too. So why pay more?

their RE003 is cheap there. Changed my RE002 last year already $720. Easily few hundred dollars more. 

think for bnb cars, changing tyres may be worth a shot. my msian buddies - those who do not drive bnb cars and those who do (foreign brands).. actually come down to Spore to get the following:

(a) Tyres

(b) BBKs

© Solar films

(d) sound system

according to them they say its 30-40% cheaper (not I say) and also if not cheaper, you get what you paid for. In MY lots of fakes and reconditioned.

another reason.. majority of cars in MY "national" cars.. there are more foreign cars in SG.. stockiest also here. Not to mention the "better and more skill" technicians are working in SG and not in MY..only the lousy ones stay back..

so make your choice.. my M'sian buddies did..

depends on tyre size....more than 17" i heard SG is cheaper! 16" and below most prob do it here for the atas factor....can say they changed tyres overseas...

Turbocharged

their RE003 is cheap there. Changed my RE002 last year already $720. Easily few hundred dollars more. 

Forgot to add Malaysia 6% GST tax at the bottom which is not shown in pic. But still a lot cheaper compared to SG.

Some of these smaller size tires are trade in tires, from owners who swap out their stock tires after they collect their new rides.

But if they are in good condition, and year of manufacture is recent, I don't see any reason why not to use them especially if the cost savings can be big.

↡ Advertisement