My experience of changing my tyres in Malaysia.

Eagle_Eye

Recently changed my yokohama ae50 after 3yrs of usage to bridgestone potenza re003 in jb. Total cost for 4 donuts of re003 is rm840 and using dat day exchange rate of 3.08, it worked out to be sin272 which equals to sin68 per donut!

Size is 195/50/15 and DOT is 0716. Include install, balance, valve change and alignment

Edited by Cephas
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Recently changed my yokohama ae50 after 3yrs of usage to bridgestone potenza re003 in jb. Total cost for 4 donuts of re003 is rm840 and using dat day exchange rate of 3.08, it worked out to be sin272 which equals to sin68 per donut!

Size is 195/50/15 and DOT is 0716. Include install, balance, valve change and alignment

Don't know value of RE003 in 15" in Singapore.. I know re003 18" is from $190-$220, made in Thailand and Indonesia stock

In fact, Michelin PS3 is rm220 per donut. There is no way to compare the pricings directly due to the 3:1 currency exchange rate. Even with cheaper cost across the causeway, some may not choose to get it there but to get it locally due to whatever reasons.

Edited by Cephas

In fact, Michelin PS3 is rm220 per donut. There is no way to compare the pricings directly due to the 3:1 currency exchange rate. Even with cheaper cost across the causeway, some may not choose to get it there but to get it locally due to whatever reasons.

RM220 type might be older stock (2004/2005).

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 2

More than ten years? That's crazy la.

Go to a reputable shop and ask them for the manfacture date and place before installing.

Yes...check the side wall for date of manufacture and country made...at the shop beofore you commit.

Usually, tyre shop has fast turnover on the tyres and nowaday shop space are limited.

Just imagine, so many brands and sizes....

So I reckon they don't keep so many stock and too long unless they have a warehouse. [bounce2]

i checked my re003 when they install last yr.....same yr manufacture lei.....195/15/55 at rm237/pc...a bit more than other jb shop but then the boss brought in the tyres just for me! So cannot complain!

Please don't anyhow hantam:

1. Michelin PS3 was released in January 2010

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/Michelin-Launch-the-Michelin-Pilot-Sport-3.htm

2. While Malaysia may not adhere to the Singapore's "high" standards, alleging that Malaysian tire shops may be selling 2004/2005 stocks in 2017 is a bit far-fetched.

Some car owners want to save a penny or two, it's their own decision and risk to change tires in Malaysia.

But to make such spurious allegations about Malaysia is probably unwarranted.

• Praise 8

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/Michelin-Launch-the-Michelin-Pilot-Sport-3.htm

2. While Malaysia may not adhere to the Singapore's "high" standards, alleging that Malaysian tire shops may be selling 2004/2005 stocks in 2017 is a bit far-fetched.

Some car owners want to save a penny or two, it's their own decision and risk to change tires in Malaysia.

some ppl somehow has this thinking that malaysia is a 3rd world country with rundown cars n don care abt their cars. probably nvr stepped into jb n jus hv this stereotype thinking. pity them....tink too highly of their own country.

• Praise 6

For more common size, Malaysia may have newer tyre especially the bigger shop.

• Praise 1

some ppl somehow has this thinking that malaysia is a 3rd world country with rundown cars n don care abt their cars. probably nvr stepped into jb n jus hv this stereotype thinking. pity them....tink too highly of their own country.

There is a dislike button to hamtam him back...lol Edited by Cephas
  • Praise 3
  • Dislike 1

Neutral Newbie

Bro, mind sharing which tyreshop in jb ? I just changed to cc6 at rm212 pcs tmn sentosa area

Turbocharged

Guys, Malaysia have car production factories and assembly plants (proton, Toyota, Honda, BMW). Who are we to say shit about their automotive industry??

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5