Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

Did a search and I didn't find any owners' thread, so here goes..

Some links I found useful:

External workshops:

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2675115-independent-workshop-for-mercedes-benz/?hl=mercedes

Freebies that you can expect from Merc:

(with contributions from @heman75)

1. 3k service credit. anything more depend your bargain and model. E and above will be like 5k. A, B and C i think only 3k but can ask for more. i did it for my other car. usually within 500$more
2.. JS front back camera sure give
3. insurance some loyalty discount for next two year renewal.
4. 3D matt
5. solar film
6. some car essential package inclusive nano coat.
7. welcome pack.. laptop bag.
8. some amount of overtrade 

(feel free to add more to the list) 
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

I have also found some tips and info useful from the sales reps:

- you can seek help in M'sia from C&C Malaysia, and claim the amount back if you are under warranty

- if you are under warranty, it's best to leave the car unmodified, for fear of voiding the warranty, but some have successfully done things like steering wheel, changed the HU etc

- you can add the Garmin GPS to the Audio 20 HU, Elebest does it, but I don't know if that voids the warranty. BTW, the Garmin system is not a touch screen one

- if you want to know the spare tire model no for the A/B/CLA class it's : 

16-inch space saver steel wheel (A24640026002000), spare wheel bag (A0005851195) and vehicle tool kit (B6685079128)

Did a search and I didn't find any owners' thread, so here goes..

Some links I found useful:

External workshops:

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2675115-independent-workshop-for-mercedes-benz/?hl=mercedes

(with contributions from @heman75)

1. 3k service credit. anything more depend your bargain and model. E and above will be like 5k. A, B and C i think only 3k but can ask for more. i did it for my other car. usually within 500$more
4. 3D matt
5. solar film

(feel free to add more to the list) 

this probably also applies to other makes, their in-house isn't that good when they take over your existing car.. even if it is also a merc.

if u have the time to wait, sell it on your own.

the amount you get selling on yourself is likely higher than the amount from them + OT thrown in.

otherwise, wait till your car is near scrap when there is not much value left anyway.

so with OT, you'll reap more out of it.

Edited by Solar
  • Praise 4

this probably also applies to other makes, their in-house isn't that good when they take over your existing car.. even if it is also a merc.

if u have the time to wait, sell it on your own.

the amount you get selling on yourself is likely higher than the amount from them + OT thrown in.

otherwise, wait till your car is near scrap when there is not much value left anyway.

so with OT, you'll reap more out of it.

Agree that it's better sell it on your own...their recent offer trade in price was low and unattractive despite my car is a merc bought from them previously. I got much better quote from outside car dealers. 

• Praise 1

4. 3D matt

5. solar film

9. 12 or more pick ups for servicing

Alex centre has a shuttle service to the Queenstown MRT

Pandan Centre has nice donuts  [:p] (do they have a pick up?)

- you can seek help in M'sia from C&C Malaysia, and claim the amount back if you are under warranty

- if you are under warranty, it's best to leave the car unmodified, for fear of voiding the warranty, but some have successfully done things like steering wheel, changed the HU etc

- you can add the Garmin GPS to the Audio 20 HU, Elebest does it, but I don't know if that voids the warranty. BTW, the Garmin system is not a touch screen one

- if you want to know the spare tire model no for the A/B/CLA class it's :

16-inch space saver steel wheel (A24640026002000), spare wheel bag (A0005851195) and vehicle tool kit (B6685079128)

The Garmin GPS that I added to my Audio 20HU is a touch screen one, did it at C&C, crappy interface but it keeps the dashboard uncluttered. The original Mercedes GPS in Europe, South Africa, Australia and a few other countries are however top notch. Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 1

The Garmin GPS that I added to my Audio 20HU is a touch screen one, did it at C&C, crappy interface but it keeps the dashboard uncluttered. The original Mercedes GPS in Europe, South Africa, Australia and a few other countries are however top notch.

Bro

Was it retrofitted?

I don't think they allow me to fit it anymore ..

Wah I wish I can join this thread sooner or later [laugh]

No worries bro

It's not that hard.. No snobs here either :)

The price of membership is not that high anymore.

I considered alternatives with the specs I need :

Space, reasonable power, reliable and safe.

It still made sense for me. It's crazy but some alternatives actually cost more..

• Praise 1

Unker, 3 pointer star.  Song right?

For BMW car owner (M & non-M), RSA service covers up to border of Malaysia/Thailand.

For warranty repair, it can be done at ANY BMW dealer in Msia.  No payment upfront.

• Praise 1

Unker, 3 pointer star. Song right?

For BMW car owner (M & non-M), RSA service covers up to border of Malaysia/Thailand.

For warranty repair, it can be done at ANY BMW dealer in Msia. No payment upfront.

Yes pml allow bmw owner to claim warranty at KL
  • Praise 1

Bro

Was it retrofitted?

I don't think they allow me to fit it anymore ..

Mine is W212, you can ask your SE. W213 or the new C class may need to wait a while for C&C's third party vendor to customize.