Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

Sealant type is the one that cause the most problem because it coats the entire interior of the tire and also the rim inner surface.

Also, if your car comes with Tire Pressure Monitor, your sensors will be gone case too.

How about sealant type tire repair kit?

↡ Advertisement

Sealant type is the one that cause the most problem because it coats the entire interior of the tire and also the rim inner surface.

Also, if your car comes with Tire Pressure Monitor, your sensors will be gone case too.

I understand sealant can be washed before patching tyre up.

Sensor will gone case if those with internal sensor.

That's where I don't understand the science behind the claims about having a permanent fix yet being able to wash out the sealant easily.

It's like saying superglue can be used to fix the broken porcelain  permanently yet can be removed easily when required.

I understand sealant can be washed before patching tyre up.

Sensor will gone case if those with internal sensor.

That's where I don't understand the science behind the claims about having a permanent fix yet being able to wash out the sealant easily.

It's like saying superglue can be used to fix the broken porcelain  permanently yet can be removed easily when required.

No idea.

I don't wish to use it.

One of the sponsor in MCF has such a product. I seriously doubt their claims. In the end never buy

I took a 30% loan. my own mistake as i though its a standard things to have when buying a new car.. haix..

Ya going to use back my Iroad camera as a normal cam w/o motion sensor and shock sensor recording but want to do go workshop install as i want to conceal those wires.

Well Noted Bro.. Thx

I took 30% loan. but they didnt FOC any camera for me. when i collecting my car i asked, they say its not included..

i was slighly pissed off and didnt want to pay them for any car cam he purposed. i complained about the solar firm got bubble he told me to monitor for a week and see the bubble goes off not.... [thumbsdown] 

I got the essentials package but no Nano. :TT_TT:   

I am a bit confused. You took a loan and didn't get front and rear cameras? I thought front/rear cameras, solar film, car essentials package, etc., all comes ONLY if you take a loan.  At least that was what I was told.  

Also, your car essentials package does not have nano sealant?  I thought all car essentials package has 2x nano sealant as standard together with aircon service, interior clean and other stuff?  

Can I ask how much you paid for your C180?  Did you get extra discounts which is why they took those out?  Just wondering. 

Do you guys follow the recommended 5k km tire rotation?  I've been stretching it from 5k to 6k to 7k... 5k seems a bit too soon... 

And how long did your original Conti tires last?  I doubt mine are going to make it past 30k.  Wondering whether to stick with run-flat tires when the time comes!.

I am probably one of those driver who actually fit the low mileage description that dealers like to put in ads ;)

I did 12k last year (less if I didn't go to M'sia). I did the rotation along with a trouble-shooting session for some noise near the front window, so I didn't have to make a special trip down.

Call ahead so you avoid a long queue. Pandan Garden is quieter but more ulu.. free breakfast though :)

I am a bit confused. You took a loan and didn't get front and rear cameras? I thought front/rear cameras, solar film, car essentials package, etc., all comes ONLY if you take a loan.  At least that was what I was told.  

Also, your car essentials package does not have nano sealant?  I thought all car essentials package has 2x nano sealant as standard together with aircon service, interior clean and other stuff?  

Can I ask how much you paid for your C180?  Did you get extra discounts which is why they took those out?  Just wondering. 

No bro, you gotta check the details.. you can't assume it's given.

Get it down in B&W... 

That's why I posted the freebie list early on..

I can't edit the first posts to include such info on freebies or collection process, but I have posted all the info before, cheers.

Twincharged

I read that once you use your tire repair kit, the tire is a goner.

I might be wrong but there is no way to properly patch the puncture after the repair kit is used.

the part about suspension travel I agree.

In all my tire punctures, it has always been a nail or screw, never was there a time where it was a huge tear such that the pressure loss was quite sudden. It was always a slow leak, thus if you have a portable air pump which all new cars should come with if they don't have a spare. Just pump it up and it will get you to the nearest tire shop easily. the good shops will only do internal patches and when the tire is dismounted, they can check for sidewall damage if any.

Nope. the tire can still be used even if the repair kit is used. just that the tire shop will charge extra for the work needed to wash and clean the rims and tire to get rid of the slime.

When I was using non-RFT for my other cars, the pressure loss is slow as what you mentioned, but most people will not notice it visually until it is very deflated to almost no air. To feel the pressure lose without a TPM, it will be almost half deflated by the time you can feel the change in handling characteristic. Having an electric air pump might give you another 5-15km of distance to get yourself to the tire repair shop (depending on the amount of leak). 

What I am emphasizing is the difference in level of convenience I experienced with a non-RFT vs RFT when it comes to sudden flat situation.

From what I understand for mercedes models that comes with non-RFT (Standard GLC without the AMG-line upgrade), they are equipped with tire repair kit which comes with a bottle of sealant and electric air pump. You will still have to put in the sealant before using the air pump to inflate the tire.

In all my tire punctures, it has always been a nail or screw, never was there a time where it was a huge tear such that the pressure loss was quite sudden. It was always a slow leak, thus if you have a portable air pump which all new cars should come with if they don't have a spare. Just pump it up and it will get you to the nearest tire shop easily. the good shops will only do internal patches and when the tire is dismounted, they can check for sidewall damage if any.

Nope. the tire can still be used even if the repair kit is used. just that the tire shop will charge extra for the work needed to wash and clean the rims and tire to get rid of the slime.

My most recent tire puncture that was notified by my car's TPM. Did not notice any visual change (usually I have a habit of checking my car one round before I drive off if I parked in a place for a long time) or change in handling characteristic.

So it's a slow leak overnight.

post-24957-0-78324900-1524463110_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vratenza

Twincharged

When I was using non-RFT for my other cars, the pressure loss is slow as what you mentioned, but most people will not notice it visually until it is very deflated to almost no air. To feel the pressure lose without a TPM, it will be almost half deflated by the time you can feel the change in handling characteristic. Having an electric air pump might give you another 5-15km of distance to get yourself to the tire repair shop (depending on the amount of leak). 

What I am emphasizing is the difference in level of convenience I experienced with a non-RFT vs RFT when it comes to sudden flat situation.

From what I understand for mercedes models that comes with non-RFT (Standard GLC without the AMG-line upgrade), they are equipped with tire repair kit which comes with a bottle of sealant and electric air pump. You will still have to put in the sealant before using the air pump to inflate the tire.

you can use it without the sealant,it also functions just as an air pump.

No bro, you gotta check the details.. you can't assume it's given.

Get it down in B&W... 

That's why I posted the freebie list early on..

I can't edit the first posts to include such info on freebies or collection process, but I have posted all the info before, cheers.

Ok, thought the list of car essential items was standard for all potential buyers to prevent customers comparing their list with each other and getting upset when they get different things!  Good idea for you to post that list so that we can all benchmark off it! 

Talking about that.

I need to go for tyre rotation soon.

Thanks for reminder

Rotation definitely helps.  I was silly enough to listen to the Performance Motors service guy years back who insisted there was no need to rotate my RFT tires. I should have realized he just wanted me to wear them out faster! 

Was contemplating between canvansite and black, but chose the prior because its last common. Or so i reckon. Flawed logic i know, so choose the one that you still think about after leaving showroom.

Got my c180! Selenite grey or cavansite blue bros? Torn even over color preference lol!

• Praise 1

Got my c180! Selenite grey or cavansite blue bros? Torn even over color preference lol!

Congrats!  Colour is very personal choice!  When will you get your car?  Hope not the ridiculous 5-6 month wait! 

C Blue at brighter lights looks too flashy. My choice would be Grey in this case.

Again, my principle is small sized cars should be in lighter colours. White would be my choice for C class.

↡ Advertisement