Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

Shouldn't be. When you reset the tyre pressure to your "current" pressure. This pressure reading will be the new benchmark.

Thanks bro

So if I just use regular tires, I won't kenna the warning light?

Heard someone talk about this in the showroom..

↡ Advertisement

Thanks bro

So if I just use regular tires, I won't kenna the warning light?

Heard someone talk about this in the showroom..

Change to normal tyre cheaper, lighter and more comfortable. LOL

Bro, what ride did you get?

I am getting my B180 around mid Dec.

Same, but mine is still on a boat.. which I don't mind, I get to use my car longer...

What color is your ride bro?

Will you be using the standard JS 400 or changing your DVR?

Same, but mine is still on a boat.. which I don't mind, I get to use my car longer...

What color is your ride bro?

Will you be using the standard JS 400 or changing your DVR?

Mine's Polar Silver with Black interior. Will be using the JS400 front and rear camera.

What's yours? You planning to trade in the JS400 and install your own DVR?

That's their usual sales pitch. Few months only.. Price isn't going to vary too much.

When I last checked, the low balled me at least 20k vs similar ones found on SG Car Mart.

That's why i came to the conclusion not to use their trade in dealer if the car still has some years of value left.

I see. Mine only left with around 7 months plus life.

I will probably keep the JS 400 for now, wait for the warranty to expire then decide..

Do you want to get some laser shades together? 

Change to normal tyre cheaper, lighter and more comfortable. LOL

Thanks bro, will decide when the tires are due.. but if I can swop to normal tires, without that message on the dash, that will be nice.

Hi guys,

I just wana share the experience today that i had when at C&C.
Please do share yours as i wana compare the "Mercedes experience" that i had.

I was interested in the new C180/C200 coupe so I approach the counter, the staff was polite and nice. Soon a SE was "assign" to assist me.
When approached by the SE, he ask which car im interested in so i told him its the C class coupe and would like to have a test drive.
So he immediately ask for my driver licence and walk away to prepare the car.
Although I did not ask, he did not brief or show me around the c class coupe, as im not familiar with the equipment or tech that is in it.
(example like: kick to open boot, auto parking feature, and the audio 20)

After 10mins he arrive with the car and we hop into it.
Upon getting into the car, he did not explain to me the controls until i asked him to. Not everyone drives a mercedes right?
So I was briefed for less than a min like how to shift gears and the signal lights..... that's all.. and off I go.
The coupe sits really low and i love it. I test drove the C180 coupe and it feels punchy in the sports+ mode.
They don't have the C200 version for me to try it out (omg really C&C??). Requested for C200 sedan but was out for servicing.
The suspension is soft and good. Not sure about the sports suspension in AMG line as they only have ONE test drive car.
While inside the car i ask about the difference between the C180 vs C200.
SE said: "Oh.. only the engine is bigger..."
i said: "All of that for 25k difference?"
SE said: "Yes"
i said: "i thought the leathery is different?"
SE said: "hmm... ah yes.. the leather is abit different..."
i said: "How about the dash and upper door trims? They look cheap for a almost $200k car, can i pay additional for it to be upholstered"
SE said: "Nope there isn't any."
i said: "Why not?"
SE said: "All models comes in as standard and we do not have this option."
i siad: "Even the C200 and C300?"
SE said: "Yes."
(We did talk more in details but these are the gist of it)

I was pretty sure i've read it before somewhere regarding C180 vs C200 and here are the difference:
1. LED intelligent Light System.
2. Leather upholstery
3. Exhaust system with two visible tailpipe trim (not sure what it this... can some one verify?)

I've found out that someone had paid and gotten their car's dash & upper door panel upholstered. Its a new C class coupe too.
http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/21318-2016-mercedes-c-class-coupe/

My conclusion is that the SE is pretty unprepared and unaware of their own products.
So the experience was pretty turned off. After the ride, we sit down, no drinks were offered.
He eventually did not even quote me a price as he said because the COE recently release so he can't provide a proper quote.
He did not mention that will get back to me if it does.
What he actually does:
1. Tell me my current car trade in value. (its pretty low compared to its competitors, up to 7k)
2. Current 3k OT and 3K service.
He did not mention of any freebies or existing on running promotion where there actually is (early bird promotion for certain models).
One of my sibling was there and actually interested in one of the promotional models but he held back and didn't mention until i spoke of the promotion title.

So i left the place without knowing much about the car, as he seems "busy" and really wish end this quickly.
He did not provide any details regarding any good feature that will entice a customer to buy. Nowadays Mercedes cars sells their own right?
He told me buying this car now is almost like a "risk" as C&C will not lock any prices even you paid a down payment.
If COE went up, you paid the balance, there is no other way unless you forfeit the down payment.
Reason being their waiting time is 6 months.
(Vs other branded competitors does lock in and honour the price. If COE goes down, they will adjust the your price accordingly)

So to conclude, it was a bad experience for me for the first visit at C&C.
Please share what you guys experience specially those who purchased the C205.
Thanks!
Edited by Pohtk

Sorry it wasn't a positive experience bro

If you like I can introduce my Rep.

It's been ok for me at most showrooms.

In fact sometimes I prefer to be left alone ha ha.

Hi guys,

I was interested in the new C180/C200 coupe so I approach the counter, the staff was polite and nice. Soon a SE was "assign" to assist me.

When approached by the SE, he ask which car im interested in so i told him its the C class coupe and would like to have a test drive.

Although I did not ask, he did not brief or show me around the c class coupe, as im not familiar with the equipment or tech that is in it.

Upon getting into the car, he did not explain to me the controls until i asked him to. Not everyone drives a mercedes right?

So I was briefed for less than a min like how to shift gears and the signal lights..... that's all.. and off I go.

The coupe sits really low and i love it. I test drove the C180 coupe and it feels punchy in the sports+ mode.

They don't have the C200 version for me to try it out (omg really C&C??). Requested for C200 sedan but was out for servicing.

The suspension is soft and good. Not sure about the sports suspension in AMG line as they only have ONE test drive car.

i said: "How about the dash and upper door trims? They look cheap for a almost $200k car, can i pay additional for it to be upholstered"

I was pretty sure i've read it before somewhere regarding C180 vs C200 and here are the difference:

2. Leather upholstery

3. Exhaust system with two visible tailpipe trim (not sure what it this... can some one verify?)

I've found out that someone had paid and gotten their car's dash & upper door panel upholstered. Its a new C class coupe too.

My conclusion is that the SE is pretty unprepared and unaware of their own products.

So the experience was pretty turned off. After the ride, we sit down, no drinks were offered.

He eventually did not even quote me a price as he said because the COE recently release so he can't provide a proper quote.

What he actually does:

1. Tell me my current car trade in value. (its pretty low compared to its competitors, up to 7k)

He did not mention of any freebies or existing on running promotion where there actually is (early bird promotion for certain models).

One of my sibling was there and actually interested in one of the promotional models but he held back and didn't mention until i spoke of the promotion title.

So i left the place without knowing much about the car, as he seems "busy" and really wish end this quickly.

He did not provide any details regarding any good feature that will entice a customer to buy. Nowadays Mercedes cars sells their own right?

He told me buying this car now is almost like a "risk" as C&C will not lock any prices even you paid a down payment.

If COE went up, you paid the balance, there is no other way unless you forfeit the down payment.

(Vs other branded competitors does lock in and honour the price. If COE goes down, they will adjust the your price accordingly)

Thanks!

I have somewhat similar experience as yours when I was shopping for my first conti ride. During the test drive the SE did not speak much and needed to be prodded to explain the features of the car. Overall I get the sense that the product sells itself and customers will buy anyway so the SEs do not have to do much. The BMW test drive was similar too. Instead of explaining about the car the SE asked me what do I do for a living. Lol what? They were cordial but there is no "eagerness". I ended up buying a Volvo, can't complain about the service so far. Recently I test drove Lexus and it was also a better experience comparatively. 

Hi guys,

2. Leather upholstery

What he actually does:

Thanks!

I have a similar experience at C&C. It's not that I'm not a serious buyer too - I drove the family Merc C180 down, which they have in their records. I asked to test drive a CLA and the salesperson was just using his phone throughout the entire test drive, with no conversation at all - not on car specs, drive, or even personal details.

It was an entirely different experience at Performance Motors for BMW though. Staff was friendly, had no airs, made effort to check on details I requested for and all.

Probably will not be getting another Merc after I sell the C180.

• Praise 1

I have a similar experience at C&C. It's not that I'm not a serious buyer too - I drove the family Merc C180 down, which they have in their records. I asked to test drive a CLA and the salesperson was just using his phone throughout the entire test drive, with no conversation at all - not on car specs, drive, or even personal details.

It was an entirely different experience at Performance Motors for BMW though. Staff was friendly, had no airs, made effort to check on details I requested for and all.

Probably will not be getting another Merc after I sell the C180.

Yes and maybe its the same SE. He was on his phone the entire ride when i was test driving. I have to probe wif questions etc. He din even go through much of the internals with me either. I actually have to ask what driving mode I'm in. It was in Comfort mode and it felt sluggish. If I've never experience the sports and sports+ mode, I will dim the C180 as a bad performer.

I wasn't gona compare the BMW experience as its abt C&C but afterwards i walk across to BMW, its really a different experience. The SE was really friendly, going through the details to me and during the test drive will explain the different driving modes. I tested the 420i and felt its more heavy (more spacious). C180 felt more nibble and more eager to drive in sports+ vs BMW sports mode.

Edited by Pohtk

Sorry it wasn't a positive experience bro

If you like I can introduce my Rep.

It's been ok for me at most showrooms.

In fact sometimes I prefer to be left alone ha ha.

Please PM me your Rep if you dun mind. I wanted a more sincere SE and im interested in buying within the few months.

Hi guys,

2. Leather upholstery

What he actually does:

Thanks!

Indeed, the experience suck!  anyway, Merc sell itself, there are lot of review in youtube, so the SE are basically order taker and order processing.  Seem like your current ride is not a Merc, else you should have a SE taking care of your account.  So, i suggest you get refer by some merc owner or you need to face the shitty attitude they give you.

Also, you sound like a car lovers, so merc forum is the right place for discussion, those SE knows nothing expect the selling price. Asking too much question will older make you vomit blood or just walk over to BMW.   Let's face is, most merc owner are not geek, they bought it not because is a AMG....etc, is all about status.

I own one, but the initial experience is the same as yours, seem like they dont bother to improve over the years. 

IMO, C180 is good enough, unless you like the extra horse power, then go for C200. The are many types of configuration, but depend on how C&C placed their orders, usually they will just sell you their configuration.  So to speak, the "configurators" in their website are useless.  Dont compare with other made, cos i feel Merc has it own unique characteristics and a class of it own, 

Hope you get your ride soon. :a-m1212:

• Praise 1

I know some conti brand list prices are permanently marked up. When you visit the showroom they'll tell you there's a "promo" and the actual price is around minus $10-20K than what it says on the price list. Does Merc do this?

How's Merc over-trade/trade-in as compared to Audi/BMW?

I know some conti brand list prices are permanently marked up. When you visit the showroom they'll tell you there's a "promo" and the actual price is around minus $10-20K than what it says on the price list. Does Merc do this?

How's Merc over-trade/trade-in as compared to Audi/BMW?

They got their own sales tactics. If things sells well, they wun offer tat much ... if they are eager to sell .. they offer more.

For your reference of how much my 6yr old jap car trade in.... merc late 20k.... bmw early 30k... audi mid 40k.

From my observation, Merc in general dun mark up as much or trade in as much. If you view their OMV, total base cost to import the car and the premium % they charge over it. Merc has the lowest vs bmw or audi.

Depending on which equivalent class you looking at....Merc general ard 20~40%... bmw / audi can be up to 30~50+% or more.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4