Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

Full gold Rolex I already like sans the bracelet.

Tua leng kong car, maybe I buy a big ass SUV instead :D

Big ass SUV also can Edited by Throttle2
↡ Advertisement

Cheers George!

Bro, now becos you young and handsome.

when you hit 40 or 45, full gold Rolex, you will also like.

Confirm also like tua leng kong car

Hahahhaha

oh no...can be 40 n handsome bo???

i like the gold rolex!!!! but tua leng kong car maybe no le...too big for me to handle la...

still like the raw power...maybe AMG lo....haha...can lut wif type r can liao 

Hypersonic

Too bad they don't lne up in a row for you to pick and choose....lol

the place where they line up, you need to ask @tianmo to bring you there le

For eg.

1)

CnC spec for GLC includes the intelligent Lighting system while most PI GLC try to pass off the run of the mill LED headlights as the same. This information can only be verified by going down to the showroom.

Worldwide, the GLC comes with halogen, HID, LED (passive LED) and Intelligent Lighting System (ie. active LED).

2) in other parts of the world, AMG line comes with normal round steering wheels but with alcantara seats. CnC AMG line comes with flat bottom sports steering wheel but the seats remain artico.

These are some of the answers only a competent CnC SE can provide. I was unable to get Mr Google to shed any lights.

I do not need the SE to have all the information at the finger tips but she/he must show that she/he is not quick to bulls*t and is willing to go find out the correct information soonest. That is professionalism I value in a good SE.

I find it hard to believe that a SE can tell you something about the car that cannot be found on google. It's rare to find one with decent product knowledge let alone good product knowledge.

• Praise 1

For eg.

1)

CnC spec for GLC includes the intelligent Lighting system while most PI GLC try to pass off the run of the mill LED headlights as the same. This information can only be verified by going down to the showroom.

Worldwide, the GLC comes with halogen, HID, LED (passive LED) and Intelligent Lighting System (ie. active LED).

2) in other parts of the world, AMG line comes with normal round steering wheels but with alcantara seats. CnC AMG line comes with flat bottom sports steering wheel but the seats remain artico.

These are some of the answers only a competent CnC SE can provide. I was unable to get Mr Google to shed any lights.

I do not need the SE to have all the information at the finger tips but she/he must show that she/he is not quick to bulls*t and is willing to go find out the correct information soonest. That is professionalism I value in a good SE.

Amen! Back to regular programming...

Yes, in any sales rep, I do not expect them to know all, but if they can surprise me with some info, I will be very impressed.

More important is their follow up, especially after the sale and the ink is dry on the contract.

For eg.

1)

All these mean little to me.

Can explain what intelligent lighting system does?

Artico means non leather? I noob.

Alcantara, to me is good for areas like roof lining but i prefer gen natural leather for seats ....

ILS = LED light that swivels to light up the part of the curve or corner as you turn your steering.

I generally don't drive naked...so the parts of my body in direct contact with the seats I cannot really appreciate the subtle nuances. So artificial leather with high wear resistance and Low maintenance will suffice for me.

Alcantara serves to increase the friction for areas of the steering wheel and sides of the seats to offer more grip during spirited driving.

But if genuine leather rocks your boat, these are optional extras. Just a couple of Ks.

I rather spend the extra on things that matter to me more, eg. Panoroof, sports suspension.

That's the beauty of conti, you can option up your car to your satisfaction.

All these mean little to me.

Can explain what intelligent lighting system does?

Artico means non leather? I noob.

Alcantara, to me is good for areas like roof lining but i prefer gen natural leather for seats ....

Edited by Vratenza

ILS = LED light that swivels to light up the part of the curve or corner as you turn your steering.

I generally don't drive naked...so the parts of my body in direct contact with the seats I cannot really appreciate the subtle nuances. So artificial leather with high wear resistance and Low maintenance will suffice for me.

Alcantara serves to increase the friction for areas of the steering wheel and sides of the seats to offer more grip during spirited driving.

But if genuine leather rocks your boat, these are optional extras. Just a couple of Ks.

I rather spend the extra on things that matter to me more, eg. Panoroof, sports suspension.

That's the beauty of conti, you can option up your car to your satisfaction.

Does Artico trap heat? (can't find a better term for it)

Gen leather is softer, more supple, more breathable and generally nicer to sit on. Synthetics always feel warm after a while.

Even BMW's Dakota, although it's gen leather bit lower grade, I feel it's not up to mark

Gen leather is softer, more supple, more breathable and generally nicer to sit on. Synthetics always feel warm after a while.

Even BMW's Dakota, although it's gen leather bit lower grade, I feel it's not up to mark

it is not full leather i was told....but still ok..not as hot as I imagine will be...

tougher compared to gen leather thou...but quite easy to maintain...hope it can lasts long cos I park under the sorching hot sun everyday..no shelter at all 24/7!!! 

it is not full leather i was told....but still ok..not as hot as I imagine will be...

tougher compared to gen leather thou...but quite easy to maintain...hope it can lasts long cos I park under the sorching hot sun everyday..no shelter at all 24/7!!!

How long have you had your C Class? The Artico, how's the wear rate?

Artico is nice.

Not soft and stretchy like cowhide, but it feels durable and more stain resistant. But I wonder if I should clean or treat it with the same leather conditioners.. 

• Praise 1

I am blessed to be unable to feel the difference through my pants/berms. Especially in air conditioned comfort of the car.

My wife's Saab has fake leather (2009 tech) and my GS (2009) has factory genuine leather with ventilation and heating.

To be absolutely honest, I feel no difference in the subtleness or "heat-retention" through the seat of my pants or finger touch.

Drove the Saab up to KL and back 2 to 3 times as the sole driver and drive my GS daily cross island.

On the other hand, the Saab's light beige fake leather holds up to abuse (Wife sequins, jeans metal parts, nails, kid's kicking of back of seat) much better than my GS factory black genuine leather which is already looking quite worn at the driver and front passenger seat. I dare say I take better care of my car than my Wife.

To be sure, if I am given a no extra cost choice between Artico vs Genuine leather, I will choose genuine leather simply for the extra selling factor when selling the car next time. I am a realist and the general perception is still genuine over fake. I will just have to spend more effort (regular cleaning and moisturising) then. But if they want extra money for it (Low few Ks), I have better ideas how to spend that money.

Once again, I am lucky I cannot feel the difference. Just like someone can live with attrage as a daily driver since they don't feel the need to spend more on a car.

I am blessed to be unable to feel the difference through my pants/berms. Especially in air conditioned comfort of the car.

My wife's Saab has fake leather (2009 tech) and my GS (2009) has factory genuine leather with ventilation and heating.

To be absolutely honest, I feel no difference in the subtleness or "heat-retention" through the seat of my pants or finger touch.

Drove the Saab up to KL and back 2 to 3 times as the sole driver and drive my GS daily cross island.

On the other hand, the Saab's light beige fake leather holds up to abuse (Wife sequins, jeans metal parts, nails, kid's kicking of back of seat) much better than my GS factory black genuine leather which is already looking quite worn at the driver and front passenger seat. I dare say I take better care of my car than my Wife.

To be sure, if I am given a no extra cost choice between Artico vs Genuine leather, I will choose genuine leather simply for the extra selling factor when selling the car next time. I am a realist and the general perception is still genuine over fake. I will just have to spend more effort (regular cleaning and moisturising) then. But if they want extra money for it (Low few Ks), I have better ideas how to spend that money.

Once again, I am lucky I cannot feel the difference. Just like someone can live with attrage as a daily driver since they don't feel the need to spend more on a car.

Thanks doc. Good for you!

My favorite is still alcantara. Although it's synthetic, but still it's very premium feeling and it's cool when hot and warm when cold. Just perfect!

That said, I've nothing against Artico, or synthetic leather in general, just that I feel for a premium make, having synthetic leather is not befitting at all. Comfort wise, when I test drove the C180, I didn't feel comfy. But I understand that it's different strokes for different folks.

Enjoy ur GLC!

• Praise 1

WaH, i still cant accept.

Not gen natural leather feel and smell, i cannot.

Even for vezel, i told the SE, 100% full leather throw in, dont half leather me.

In the end, SE top up $500 and install full leather.

I even went down to inspect and select leather and styling.

Alcantara, sticky feeling on my clothes feels uncomfy

Nothing but gen nat leather for me.

You mean GLC got no genleather free option????

Wah lan.....now i not sure whether to buy or not.

Damn sian leh.

Edited by Throttle2

I dare say I take better care of my car than my Wife.

This deserves a beer. A carton of it if it's said in front of the in-laws.
  • Praise 3

That is the trend for entry level contis these days. Already 2 biggest conti names are going that way, it will not be hard to predict whether the rest will follow in years from now. Just like sharing the same design across the S/M/L segments within the marque.

Probably only getting my ride later part but of April since I will be away from SG for a short while.

Thanks doc. Good for you!

My favorite is still alcantara. Although it's synthetic, but still it's very premium feeling and it's cool when hot and warm when cold. Just perfect!

That said, I've nothing against Artico, or synthetic leather in general, just that I feel for a premium make, having synthetic leather is not befitting at all. Comfort wise, when I test drove the C180, I didn't feel comfy. But I understand that it's different strokes for different folks.

Enjoy ur GLC!

↡ Advertisement