Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

Supersonic

Ex- Asian car user bro?

7l is a lot... wow..

I still think it's a good practice to change the oil after run in. I'm a bit old school that way, but I have lots of friends who've been driving performance continental cars for many years who do the same.

I used my credits to offset the first change for the AMG GT, and I paid out of pocket for the M140i (of course, they wouldn't cover this under free servicing since I asked for it). I went to AD workshop in both cases to preserve my warranty.

Obviously this guy was not SAF trained...... :D

10689-02.jpg

he made a 3 second job so tedious........ :D

BTW a simple way to fix all the alarms and warning that may come on ;)

• Praise 1

I still think it's a good practice to change the oil after run in. I'm a bit old school that way, but I have lots of friends who've been driving performance continental cars for many years who do the same.

I used my credits to offset the first change for the AMG GT, and I paid out of pocket for the M140i (of course, they wouldn't cover this under free servicing since I asked for it). I went to AD workshop in both cases to preserve my warranty.

Can you ask C&C to change oil only? 

How much is that? 

Thanks

I used to do mid point oil change around 5k km outside workshop.  It does not affect warranty.

My 5k km is over 6 mths only.

Turbocharged

Normal for merc to have large oil sumps. Oil is used for cooling and for extended oil change intervals. A typical Japanese 1.6 is 4l and 2.0l is 5l. Thus you get 15k intervals for merc and 10k Japanese.

But jaguar somehow manages to quote a oil change interval of 32k km or 20k miles for their diesels. Usually diesels have a shorter interval. Maybe they know something that the rest of the manufacturers don't

Officially it's 32k km or 2 years oci

• Praise 1

Hi guys,

Any recommendations on where to install roof rack for A class W176?

Not for bicycle but to put ladder (for certain occasions when i need to use it).

Although first servicing is 15k, went to outside workshop this afternoon to change engine oil after run-in. The oil drained out was very dark. Manual said engine oil capacity (C180) is 7 litres. Not enough, top up 8 litres in total.

Me 2... after my 1st 2000km. Now speeding with smile.

Hi guys,

Any recommendations on where to install roof rack for A class W176?

Not for bicycle but to put ladder (for certain occasions when i need to use it).

Like these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GENUINE-MERCEDES-BENZ-176-A-CLASS-ROOF-BARS-A1768900093/152268873053?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D45041%26meid%3Dbf6fe2779a0c49dba6dafa4e8b8d25a9%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D121057812239

Amazon UK or ebay may have them..

Supersonic

Can you ask C&C to change oil only? 

How much is that? 

Thanks

Will dig out my receipt and PM me, but I'm a bit tied up now.

Will dig out my receipt and PM me, but I'm a bit tied up now.

Quick question, can it be done quickly? Like 1-2 hours while i wait. Just did my 45k km servicing with change of brake pad and C&C had to take 2 days to do it. Darn ley chey....

Supersonic

Quick question, can it be done quickly? Like 1-2 hours while i wait. Just did my 45k km servicing with change of brake pad and C&C had to take 2 days to do it. Darn ley chey....

They have an express service but I've never used it. It's done on those open bays in front of the office space. You can book by phone or app I think.

Never seen an AMG on that side. Don't think we're entitled. They always put us inside and take their own sweet time. :D

(edited)

Thats the biggest issue with the official agents.

They take too damn long to get simple job done.

Moreover, you gotta make an appointment about two weeks in advance.

Problem is that they have too many cars to service and too few mechs.

Oil change is basically a 1 hr job at most including the waiting time for the oil to cool down.

Changing brake pads can be done while waiting for engine to cool down.

So together here and there, 2 hours definitely possible.

Edited by Throttle2

They have express service with 60-min turnaround time. For Service A only.

http://www.mercedes-benz.com.sg/content/singapore/mpc/mpc_singapore_website/enng/home_mpc/passengercars/home/servicesandaccessories/services_and_workshop/repair_and_restoration/Service_Packages.0022.html

They just opened another service centre at Leng Kee, its suppose to be an express service centre. Not sure if they can do more than Service A under the 60-min package though. Have to check with them.

They have an express service but I've never used it. It's done on those open bays in front of the office space. You can book by phone or app I think.

Never seen an AMG on that side. Don't think we're entitled. They always put us inside and take their own sweet time. :D

Ah Neh Sibei haolian...

Supersonic

Ah Neh Sibei haolian...ð

I have heard about express service but never used it as I service my ride every 15k km, so the comprehensive checks give me some peace of mind.

Thanks bro

YDCB. You ask me, I must answer you what?! [laugh]
↡ Advertisement