COE Bidding - 1st Round of October 2016

Carbon82

Looks like Cat B less active than Cat A.

The rich people got burnt more from market and job losses.

But marginal owners and new entrants from millenia generation really want their cars and cannot wait any more.

Or so it seems :D

Cat B bids not moving much for the past 5 mins...

I think it is 1766 bids at 1550hrs, now closing is 1785 bids..

Edited by sbs2716g
↡ Advertisement

Market correction for Cat A is expected - no surprises there. $51-52K is where it should be till 2017 2Q.

Cat B and Open looks to be a huge disappointment.

Ought to be much higher than that!

PMET job losses seems to be taking a hit.

Hope that's temporary, as Singapore's economy resurrects itself soon.

Overall the increase for Cat A also consider not a lot, should be ard 1k plus only. So for those who booked their cars with guarantee coe, think should able to get it this bid? 

Cat B bids not moving much for the past 5 mins...

Seems that Cat B actions usually end 5-10 mins before closing time. But Cat A usually heat up in last 15 mins.

Edited by Sx4falcon

Good enuf outcome for me - especially to those nay-sayers predicting COE prices crashing down to $48K levels, or lower.

With the year-end buying spree to upgrade cars for the new year and bonus expectations, COE prices will remain, or even rise further in the foreseeable 6 months.

Cat A very strong demand, im quite surprisingly.

Cat B was reasonable according to current weak market.

Cat A strong demand maybe due to many promotion over the last 2 weeks from ADs for Cat A cars?!

Cat A strong demand maybe due to many promotion over the last 2 weeks from ADs for Cat A cars?!

Of the bids, I know Kah, BMW, Merc tend to bid in aggressive bids. 

They sell cars, not hope. No top up games..

Of the bids, I know Kah, BMW, Merc tend to bid in aggressive bids. 

They sell cars, not hope. No top up games..

If the customer booked a guarantee coe package, high chance can get it, esp this round coe did not increased a lot. 

If the customer booked a guarantee coe package, high chance can get it, esp this round coe did not increased a lot. 

Merc and BMW don't really specify guaranteed. They just get it :)

Kah did the same too, NG buyers got the deal too.

• Praise 1

Good enuf outcome for me - especially to those nay-sayers predicting COE prices crashing down to $48K levels, or lower.

With the year-end buying spree to upgrade cars for the new year and bonus expectations, COE prices will remain, or even rise further in the foreseeable 6 months.

I think with the expected quota dropping, car shows coming and year end more ppl will enter the market in order to get their cars by CNY next year. I dun think the Cat A price will drop that much unless something major happen. It will stay within the 50k range...

So, anyone got their COE this bidding?

I should get it cos my AD bidded abt 53k for me ....

Edited by Daniu82

i dont think so this is the reason. right now, i cant find any reason (except uber) why bids received had increased so many.

[laugh]

I think with the expected quota dropping and year end more ppl will enter the market in order to get their cars by CNY next year. I dun think the Cat A price will drop that much unless something major happen. It will stay within the 50k range...

I should get it cos my AD bidded abt 53k for me ....

congrats first [laugh]

The before CNY must buy new cars or hungry ghost festival don't buy cars already long outdated. Looking at the number of bids from lta website already shown the bids received were stable all along many years

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1