COE Bidding - 1st Round of October 2016

Carbon82

means wait next round and try again lor..

What if it is the last chance of the bid for that customer?! No more next round liao. Lol. This is why AD must bid higher for the customer to avoid such situation. 

↡ Advertisement

What if it is the last chance of the bid for that customer?! No more next round liao. Lol. This is why AD must bid higher for the customer to avoid such situation. 

Or they will ask you to top up.

Or drop you and canvass for more buyers who see the attractive price, then get pressured into topping up because the COE quoted was unrealistic. 

Some will top up, others will drop out. It's a game of who blinks first .. 

Or they will ask you to top up.

Or drop you and canvass for more buyers who see the attractive price, then get pressured into topping up because the COE quoted was unrealistic. 

Some will top up, others will drop out. It's a game of who blinks first .. 

But if it is the last chance of bidding coe for the customer, how they ask customer to top up? Maybe after topping up, they give you the open Cat coe ah?

I believe AD might pressure those customers to top up esp when they know they have an existing car and would going to scrap soon. For those who dont have a car on hand, or existing car still have 1-2 years more, maybe these are the customers die die also would not top up? Lol.

Edited by 13177

There is unused of 85 coe in cat A . Like look uber is mass bidding this round. But then I don't understand why cat B also have unused coe of 104.

Pte hire companies are buying cat B ....... watch out!

Pte hire companies are buying cat B ....... watch out!

If they bid Cat B, then Cat A might drop for the next few rounds? Lol. I believe coe price go up mainly is due to these private hire car companies bid aggressively for the coe. 

Edited by 13177

But if it is the last chance of bidding coe for the customer, how they ask customer to top up? Maybe after topping up, they give you the open Cat coe ah?

No la bro, the unsuccessful ones were those in the lower tiers, where the margins are low. So it is likely that the companies will let them go.

Then seduce fresh meat. The buyers who are willing to succumb to the exhortations to top up. That will increase their profits.

Now the new norm for some of these car companies is the COE game. No longer can you trust that the bids from these companies is the amount that will secure the COE. Increase it's a ploy to get you to commit to them. Lock you in. Then play the top up game.

Buyers will now have to add one more item to their checklist when shopping around: "Is the car company going to bid a realistic bid" or "Is the price quoted in the ads far too low to be realistic".

Some will still try their luck, and others will learn, from forums like this, and move onto other brands that help get the COE.

Since there are about 100 COEs unused, it means that one could have gotten it, if the price was right. 

Not every buyer is willing to top up, regardless of the pressure from the agent. 

Some have leverage, such as a car with a few years left. Others are simply trying their luck, in case the COE drops to 10k or something..

Those who are in this because they really wish to change their cars and get a new one will have asked for the price that gives a realistic chance of getting a COE.

It is just the 1st bid and car yet to arrive sg, So not a concerns to me. In actual fact, I was hoping they secure at last bid as I do not need the car so early.

Did you beat the AD until vomit blood?

If customer have time to play with the AD, then it's ok to spend that 2-3 months time to get lock in by them and ultimately could not get a car. Lol. 

Edited by 13177

It is just the 1st bid and car yet to arrive sg, So not a concerns to me. In actual fact, I was hoping they secure at last bid as I do not need the car so early.

Still, it might be worth your while to show your displeasure. It means your agent only bid that much.

Some agents will bid 7-10k above the final COE amount.. 

It will be a pity if you keep missing out due to a small amount. 

I always suggest secure G COE if the price is right to you. A NG COE give the dealers cash flow from your deposits interest free over 3-4 months (6 - 8 bids). Imagine how many bookings and $$$. Then you will be asked to top up when COEs climb higher. Who know SEs are given some incentive for NG COEs too.

I told my SE collection 3 months later when I booked. Still AD got my COE 1bid. Maybe mine G COE.

Dealers always have a handful of cat E for this kind of situation. No sweat 

Wah...Some agents bided for at reserve price of more than $62,000.  Like that the customer sure get at the first stroke. Cat B no hope to drop..

Lion City Rental bought 1,000 Mitsubishi Attrage from C&C.

That explains the rise in Cat A, despite the dip in Cat B COE.

post-27974-0-35417400-1475665549_thumb.jpg

Lion City Rental bought 1,000 Mitsubishi Attrage from C&C.

That explains the rise in Cat A, despite the dip in Cat B COE.

This news has been there for while already, unless this is the second batch of 1000.
  • Praise 2

I believe AD might pressure those customers to top up esp when they know they have an existing car and would going to scrap soon. For those who dont have a car on hand, or existing car still have 1-2 years more, maybe these are the customers die die also would not top up? Lol.

Even though contract state 6 bids, they can go into 7th bids if you are willing to top up. My friend got his altis after he top up 2k on his 7th bid. Think the Final price is 100k bit more only. Anything is negotiable one la,7th 8th 9th bid.

Even though the Grab vehicles have cornered the COEs this time there's light at the end of the rainbow.

Sooner or later they will get enough COEs. Then if the economy is weak and there's no one to support the bids, they will go down naturally.

Of course if buyers go nuts then it will never drop to 10k..

Wah...Some agents bided for at reserve price of more than $62,000.  Like that the customer sure get at the first stroke. Cat B no hope to drop..

Typically the premium brands, with a higher profit margin will do it..

Their buyers don't like to play around with COE bids, and they have the ability to bid higher.

Some clients even want it immediately.. and will pay for it. 

↡ Advertisement