Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
48 replies to this topic | 170 praises

Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:43 PM

Timthecarguy
  • Timthecarguy
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hello, I am a new member here. My dad is considering a cheap MPV and we have narrowed down to a Hafei Minz and a Wuling Journey. So far I have only seen Hafei reviews but I rarely see any Wuling reviews. So any bros here can give me some advice on which one to choose?

Posted 03 October 2016 - 08:01 AM

Sickboi
  • Sickboi
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

is it a toy car?

Never heard of it.

Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 03 October 2016 - 08:16 AM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Both are designed and made in China, with their automobile technology standard today, your dad would be tremendously better off buying a Mazda 5. It is not fair to put Mazda 5 in comparison here though, so Mazda 5 owners please dont fault me.

Edited by Ct3833, 03 October 2016 - 08:18 AM.

Posted 03 October 2016 - 08:59 AM

VDub_Golf
  • Premium member
    VDub_Golf
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Both makes are of mini MPV classification. Perhaps, you may want to share more on your selection criteria.. For some, Safety is paramount and must not be compromised. Others, consider Price as a top priority..

The choice is still up to you..

Attached Thumbnails

• Hafei mini MPV.jpg
  • Wuling Journey.jpg

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:38 AM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    Supercharged
    Author Image

my advise is stay away..

I rather you buy a made in Malaysia.. much reliable and easy to maintain..

I have seen many such vehicles on the road shoulder..

BanCoe, Jamesc and Thaiyotakamli praised this
bluey Tiko Ranger

I have a pen, I have an apple..

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:44 AM

BanCoe
  • BanCoe
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hello, I am a new member here. My dad is considering a cheap MPV and we have narrowed down to a Hafei Minz and a Wuling Journey. So far I have only seen Hafei reviews but I rarely see any Wuling reviews. So any bros here can give me some advice on which one to choose?

Are you buying them brand new or second hand?? As one fore runner mentioned buy Malaysian Make one would be better also 

Edited by BanCoe, 03 October 2016 - 09:45 AM.

Jamesc, Sunny and Staff69 praised this

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:05 AM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Neither.
Jamesc and Staff69 praised this

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:22 AM

Timthecarguy
  • Timthecarguy
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Are you buying them brand new or second hand?? As one fore runner mentioned buy Malaysian Make one would be better also

Buying second hand. We just want something that is ultra cheap,and can haul 7 people and I was wondering if anyone here got experience with the Wuling because I heard many negative reviews of the Hafei. Not considering malaysian car because Proton Exora not worth buying second hand.

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:32 AM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Buying second hand. We just want something that is ultra cheap,and can haul 7 people and I was wondering if anyone here got experience with the Wuling because I heard many negative reviews of the Hafei. Not considering malaysian car because Proton Exora not worth buying second hand.

wuliang is only 1.1l.

carry 7 ppl abit out of expectation?

BanCoe praised this

Posted 03 October 2016 - 11:31 AM

VDub_Golf
  • Premium member
    VDub_Golf
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

To TS, how come not worth buying a made in Malaysia car (Proton Exora) as second hand? Does that mean buying China-made ones are worth it? Can share more?

Posted 03 October 2016 - 11:33 AM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My advice is go to the dealer and your father can

try both cars out. Touch here, touch there and ask

all the questions he wants. Those sales people will

only be too happy to talk to him. Make a break from

swatting flies. The manager also happy when he

sees he sales people got something to do.

:D

BanCoe and Staff69 praised this
The Secret to Happiness
is to Simplify and
not to Multiply.

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:15 PM

Cheefarn
  • Premium member
    Cheefarn
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Sorry for being blunt, but if you value your dad's life, you should stay away from these 2 coffin on wheels.

And where are u going to get the parts? Taobao? Not that its is impossible but you are on your own

These 2 junks have serious overheating issues and poor fuel economy despite tiny engines...

Buy used LiteAce of High Ace la...

Even those Japs K class 660cc vans are better than these 2 Chinese junks.

LTA must be sleeping to actually let such cars be registered in SG....

You wont find them in USA, Europe or JDM...

BanCoe and Kurty praised this

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:16 PM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    6th Gear
    Author Image

to get a cheapest car from point A-B 

is indeed china car.

dun expect too much, still can drive.

the only problem is servicing n repair problem.

hardly any 1 bring in their spare parts.

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:23 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Buy Suzuki APV. Much better at slight premium over these two.

Top up a few more grands and get the super stable continental vans/MPVs. Most handle better than Jap passenger saloons. [thumbsup]

Edited by Kangadrool, 03 October 2016 - 12:25 PM.

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:36 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Your question is similar to:

Is stepping on cow dung or dog poo better?

Thaiyotakamli, Lala81, Kangadrool and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 03 October 2016 - 01:23 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

to get a cheapest car from point A-B
is indeed china car.
dun expect too much, still can drive.
the only problem is servicing n repair problem.
hardly any 1 bring in their spare parts.

a few yrs back i saw a geely workshop in jb.....opposite holiday in next to a Proton service centre. Now...not sure whether they are still in business anot.
Together We stand Alone

Posted 03 October 2016 - 02:06 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Your question is similar to:

Is stepping on cow dung or dog poo better?

Dog poo better

Cow dung alot
Fcw75 praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 03 October 2016 - 02:14 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I would rather take public transport.

Touch my heart.

I don't want to have my limbs amputated during an accident. And that's if i survive a crash.

Posted 03 October 2016 - 02:20 PM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    Supercharged
    Author Image

a few yrs back i saw a geely workshop in jb.....opposite holiday in next to a Proton service centre. Now...not sure whether they are still in business anot.

yeah, still in operation but rocket price..

I enquire with them on my timing belt change, no bringing of own products.

quoted me rm4k for a timing belt change..

for your info, they don't carry parts for all china made, only selective.

like T11 or north star, can't remember.

Edited by Kurty, 03 October 2016 - 02:21 PM.

bluey Tiko Ranger

Posted 03 October 2016 - 02:29 PM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Sorry for being blunt, but if you value your dad's life, you should stay away from these 2 coffin on wheels.

And where are u going to get the parts? Taobao? Not that its is impossible but you are on your own

These 2 junks have serious overheating issues and poor fuel economy despite tiny engines...

Buy used LiteAce of High Ace la...

Even those Japs K class 660cc vans are better than these 2 Chinese junks.

LTA must be sleeping to actually let such cars be registered in SG....

You wont find them in USA, Europe or JDM...

yeah, TS. This bro speak nothing but the truth

understand where you coming from but you gonna understand..

cheap things don't come good..

I did search in sgcarmart and those ride you mentioned, only cost $5k and COE till Oct. 2017.

think even simpler, why don't other potential buyers consider them in the first place?

I been frugal in my life, but there are times, whereby I regret over my cheaply purchases.

sometime, spending a little more, gets you headache less.

a car does a family good, going for meals and shopping together.

but if the car broke down easily or spend most of its time in workshop..

then whats the point..

Beregond and Lala81 praised this
bluey Tiko Ranger

Back to China Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: hafei, minz, wuling, journey and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users