Higher idle rpm after pumping petrol

flashbang

Recently I noticed that after I fill up petrol and start my vehicle up, the idle RPM tends to go up to around 900. Usually it's closer to 600-700. Is this cause for worry, or normal? I drive off and after a few minutes, idle RPM goes back to the usual when I'm at a stop.

↡ Advertisement

Should be OK ba, I think your ECU have not closed the loop. Or water in the exhaust.

Have you smell the exhaust recently ? Rotten egg smell or Not the usual sweet smell NO2 (Laughing Gas)

Recently I noticed that after I fill up petrol and start my vehicle up, the idle RPM tends to go up to around 900. Usually it's closer to 600-700. Is this cause for worry, or normal? I drive off and after a few minutes, idle RPM goes back to the usual when I'm at a stop.

Should be OK ba, I think your ECU have not closed the loop. Or water in the exhaust.

Have you smell the exhaust recently ? Rotten egg smell or Not the usual sweet smell NO2 (Laughing Gas)

Nope, did not smell the exhaust. As for closing the loop, I assume you mean higher RPMs cos it's still running rich to warm up the engine? I can't remember now whether it happens if I pump petrol after a long drive.

Fuel pump or fuel filter issue is it?

No idea. It only happens after I pump petrol, and only for a while. Would be real lame if it was an issue with fuel pump/filter, the car is barely 1 year old.

OK.  Very difficult to check over a 2 liner on a forum.

Go buy this :

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Without-Disc-V2-1-Super-MINI-ELM327-ELM-327-Bluetooth-OBDii-OBD2-Auto-Code-Reader/32564951509.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.2.gZbJ9B&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_4_10056_10065_10055_10068_10054_10069_10059_10073_10017_10070_10060_10061_10052_10062_10053_10050_10051,searchweb201603_3&btsid=00c8a533-2d23-411f-bf52-6153fe968fcb

USD2.93

Plug into your car OBD port.

Install Torque Lite in Google Play.  Or use a notebook.

Run onboard diagnostic and self test -  From your car ECU - It is like ownself check ownself.

Enjoy.

Nope, did not smell the exhaust. As for closing the loop, I assume you mean higher RPMs cos it's still running rich to warm up the engine? I can't remember now whether it happens if I pump petrol after a long drive.

its ok la.  After taking redbull my "rpm needle" also point higher.  even if you eat food, after that also got energy to cheong ma.  Car also same, bo tai chee, parng  sim.

Edited by Ahbengdriver
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1