• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
44 replies to this topic | 195 praises

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:12 AM

Boonroro
  • Boonroro
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys, I know this is unrelated but I need help ! I am currently working part time as a Lorry driver and accidentally damage the sign of height limit in the loading bay due to negligence. My supervisor told me that I don't have insurance cover for me after my accident as I am a part timer, And the private settlement for the sign board cost around 3600SGD and I am quite lost as I am currently just a student working part time, is there any other solution for me to resolve this ? T_T

Edited by Boonroro, 03 October 2016 - 09:15 AM.

Little_prince praised this

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:32 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys, I know this is unrelated but I need help ! I am currently working part time as a Lorry driver and accidentally damage the sign of height limit in the loading bay due to negligence. My supervisor told me that I don't have insurance cover for me after my accident as I am a part timer, And the private settlement for the sign board cost around 3600SGD and I am quite lost as I am currently just a student working part time, is there any other solution for me to resolve this ? T_T

Honestly, i don't think there's any way around this. It's 100% your pasar.

Speak very humbly and sincerely to the other party regarding the private settlement and ask for a reduction in the cost. 

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:40 AM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Honestly, i don't think there's any way around this. It's 100% your pasar.

Speak very humbly and sincerely to the other party regarding the private settlement and ask for a reduction in the cost. 

why is there no way around it?

what does the supervisor mean when say there's no insurance cover? the company is letting him drive without insurance?

that's nonsense.

the lorry's commericial insurance should cover all employee of the company. full time or otherwise. especially if you are on company's business.

the supervisor is just trying to pull a fast one and save on the excess. 

Kangadrool, Kingkong, Hydrocarbon, Darryn, Darthrevan, Carnoob, Count-Bracula and 1 other member praised this
“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend it’s whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

HungryPaPa - https://instagram.com/hungrypapa/

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:42 AM

Celicar
  • Celicar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Actually if I am the sign owner, I will go after the company if accident vehicle belongs to the company and between company and driver, I will think company has more money.

How the company deal with the driver to recover I don't know, Also the company may go after the driver for vehicle repairs if insurance don't cover. 

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:51 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The lorry belongs to the company. You drove under the instructions of your company's supervisor, did you?

So, why worry? Push everything back to the company. You are just a part timer. They wanna sack you, go ahead. Why scared?

Hydrocarbon, SGCMmadman and Jamesc praised this

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:52 AM

mbt2015
  • Premium member
    mbt2015
    Clutched
    Author Image

It is compulsory for company to buy insurance for the vehicle and covers 3rd party claim. Some companies are pushing the responsibility to the ignorant drivers. If I were you, I will seek MOM for advice or help. And the next thing I do is to leave this company. If it cannot take care of your basic welfare, it is not the right company to work for. 

Little_prince and SGCMmadman praised this

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:52 AM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

simple...tell your supervisor what you just posted

that you are a student and working part time...no money to pay

where got company operate without insurance for drivers, part time or otherwise?

:D

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:53 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

the company trying to pull a fast one on you cos you are young and doing part time.

Little_prince and Darryn praised this
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:54 AM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i think per singapore law that the company is liable for the employee's action provided that he's performing a function that is part of his job ( e.g driver driving a lorry) or acting on his supervisor's lawful instruction (i.e supervisor told him to delivery something using the company vehicle)

in this case. as long as he is not the one that took the lorry out for a joyride without the company's or the supervisor's expressed permission then he should be covered.

the supervisor is just trying to shift the blame to a poor kid.

My suggestion.

1. tell the loading bay owner to claim insurance against the vehicle's insurance.

2. report to MOM if the company try to play punk and deduct his salary which is unlawful.

Actually if I am the sign owner, I will go after the company if accident vehicle belongs to the company and between company and driver, I will think company has more money.

How the company deal with the driver to recover I don't know, Also the company may go after the driver for vehicle repairs if insurance don't cover. 

SGCMmadman praised this
“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend it’s whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:56 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

why is there no way around it?

what does the supervisor mean when say there's no insurance cover? the company is letting him drive without insurance?

that's nonsense.

the lorry's commericial insurance should cover all employee of the company. full time or otherwise. especially if you are on company's business.

the supervisor is just trying to pull a fast one and save on the excess. 

He already said it's a private settlement liao mah.

Then it's between the Company and the signboard owner.

The lorry's insurance wasn't claimed.

Then there are 2 options,

1) Flip table and refuse to pay anything

2) Speak nicely to all parties involved 

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:59 AM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

lol

that's why you are doctor and i'm but a humble coolie.

#1 seems more up my alley.

but my take is that the supervisor is still trying to pull a fast one. 

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:01 AM

Jellandross
  • Premium member
    Jellandross
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Sounds like your company trying to con you.

Ask your supervisor that if what he claimed is true, then your company is intentionally letting it's employee (you) drive without valid insurance without telling you first. Is he ready to answer when you report this to the police?

I'm not a lawyer but this whole thing doesn't sound right.
SGCMmadman and Jamesc praised this

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:02 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

The only reason i can think of that they can't claim from insurance is because you are not in their payroll   [rolleyes]  [rolleyes]

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:06 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

lol

that's why you are doctor and i'm but a humble coolie.

#1 seems more up my alley.

but my take is that the supervisor is still trying to pull a fast one. 

On retrospect, i agree with you guys.

TS, don't take the blame.

I'm probably colored by my experience. I was buanged by another part timer driving his company van but i think he's just going home, not doing deliveries.

I claimed insurance, then he sms me asking how come bill so large (it was just a bumper but it took the workshop 2+ days to do it, so i had a courtesy car).

The only reason i can think of that they can't claim from insurance is because you are not in their payroll   [rolleyes]  [rolleyes]

Probably just miscellaneous cash expenses in the ledger

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:09 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Sometimes, even if insurance was claimed, some smelly employers will tell employees otherwise. [sly]  Not suggesting that this is the case here, but it's a common practice in the trucking/transport industry to bully their employees...

Some techniques involve delaying petty cash for payments made on behalf of company, e.g. container depot charges, etc.

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:10 AM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

were you working on behalf of company at the time of accident?

If yes, just ask the person claim from company.. they should have insurance for it.... if they do not have, likely they will still have to pay on your behalf to avoid repercussions....

and you can start look for new part time job liao....

MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:15 AM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The only reason i can think of that they can't claim from insurance is because you are not in their payroll [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

if not in the payroll its wrong for the company to let him drive......what happen should he get into a very serious accident?
Together We stand Alone

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:17 AM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

He should get advice from MOM just to safeguard himself. No harm.

Just explain to Mom and they will explain to him his liability and his rights
Eviilusion praised this

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:25 AM

BenTong
  • Premium member
    BenTong
    Supercharged
    Author Image

All company assets including commercial vehicles should have being covered. So the supervisor pulling a fast one on whether it is insured or not

Since TS caused the problem.. company got a few options. Amongst them :

(1) claim from TS full amount of damages

(2) claim from insurance and then claim excess from TS

Think the company doing (1) coz I suspect TS may not have lorry license..

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:27 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

were you working on behalf of company at the time of accident?

If yes, just ask the person claim from company.. they should have insurance for it.... if they do not have, likely they will still have to pay on your behalf to avoid repercussions....

and you can start look for new part time job liao....

and hopefully his accumulated pay is less than $3000   [laugh]  [laugh]

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: need, help, insurance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users