• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic | 25 praises

Posted 03 October 2016 - 08:58 PM

Ommph
  • Ommph
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi,

I have a few occassions when the fan kept running after I had shut down the engine.

The first time it happened, I just turned on the engine for 1 min to shift my car. When I shut it down, I can see the fan turning. I turn on and off the engine again and it was gone.

The 2nd time happened when I was using the car battery (engine not on) to vacuum. After I shut everything down, the fan remained. After about 5 mins, it went off.

The 3rd time happened when I shut down the engine and turned it on again after 2mins. I drove it for about 100m before shutting down. The fan remained and I had to restart the engine and shut down again.

Anyone had similar experience? Is this normal? My MK6 Jetta is the non-sport version.

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:38 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Definitely not normal. Engine not on and the fan keeps running. The fan relay switch linked to the coolant temp must have conked. Either that or the coolant temp sensor got issue. Got diagnostic tool to check? Have you Google and see whether it's a common issue?

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 03 October 2016 - 11:30 PM

Ommph
  • Ommph
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Unfortunately, I don't have the diagnostics tool to check.

I have googled it but don't have much on 1.4TSI.

Initially, I thought it was the after run coolant pump but I am not sure if this model even has this.

Maybe it is time to visit the workshop.

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:30 PM

Sturtles
  • Premium member
    Sturtles
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hi,

I have a few occassions when the fan kept running after I had shut down the engine.

The first time it happened, I just turned on the engine for 1 min to shift my car. When I shut it down, I can see the fan turning. I turn on and off the engine again and it was gone.

The 2nd time happened when I was using the car battery (engine not on) to vacuum. After I shut everything down, the fan remained. After about 5 mins, it went off.

The 3rd time happened when I shut down the engine and turned it on again after 2mins. I drove it for about 100m before shutting down. The fan remained and I had to restart the engine and shut down again.

Anyone had similar experience? Is this normal? My MK6 Jetta is the non-sport version.

This is likely to be a delayed shutoff to cool the coolants and oils.

Your car has a turbocharger and the engine oil is used to cool it. Without which, your oil will be quickly cooked.

But it may also be due to faulty sensors making it kick in too regularly. Do have it checked as a precaution

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:59 PM

FourZero
  • Premium member
    FourZero
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This is likely to be a delayed shutoff to cool the coolants and oils.

Your car has a turbocharger and the engine oil is used to cool it. Without which, your oil will be quickly cooked.

But it may also be due to faulty sensors making it kick in too regularly. Do have it checked as a precaution

My thoughts the same👍👍👍

Turbo cars r like tat one 👍
Holdenutessv, Carbon82 and Angcheek praised this
Live Well 😊

Posted 05 October 2016 - 06:42 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi,

the fan will run for awhile if the engine temp is still too high. But not 5min that much . 

car50 and Pinobii praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 06 October 2016 - 03:45 PM

Ommph
  • Ommph
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Sending it in for a check on Tues. Lucky still under warranty.

Posted 08 October 2016 - 11:03 AM

westwest1
  • Premium member
    westwest1
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

there is nothing wrong with your car, all current Jetta have a cooling system that will cool down your engine to a proper temperature before turning off the fan.  Our hot climate keeps the fan running for longer period.

its normal.

Posted 08 October 2016 - 11:29 AM

Eighttales
  • Premium member
    Eighttales
    5th Gear
    Author Image

normal, my golf 6's fan still runs after i shut the engine off (it sounds like the car is still on)

it goes away after a 45 seconds or so

Back to Volkswagen Auto Club  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: jetta39s, kept, running, engine and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users