• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
55 replies to this topic | 171 praises

Posted 04 October 2016 - 01:54 PM

Nlatio
  • Premium member
    Nlatio
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi Bro

Any idea which Japanese, Korean, Conti model usese the Aisin GB?? 

I know Lexus?, Citreon GP... any other?? 

________________________________________________________________________________
________
PSN ID: Nlatio

Posted 04 October 2016 - 01:55 PM

therock
  • therock
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Camry, BMW 216d. Many front wheel drive cars use this. 

Posted 04 October 2016 - 02:40 PM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    4th Gear
    Author Image

What's the implication huh??

Nlatio and Pinobii praised this

Posted 04 October 2016 - 03:31 PM

Ake109
  • Premium member
    Ake109
    6th Gear
    Author Image

What's the implication huh??

Implication is that Jap autobox, tend to be the most reliable out there.

Thaiyotakamli, Nlatio, BanCoe and Pinobii praised this

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:03 PM

Kayetch
  • Premium member
    Kayetch
    Clutched
    Author Image

alot of cars uses aisin gearboxes. you can get more info from wiki too. the company is majority owned by Toyota if i am not wrong

https://en.wikipedia...n_transmissions

Nlatio and Pinobii praised this

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:08 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

VW Vento 1.6L

:D

Nlatio praised this
The Secret to Happiness
is to Simplify and
not to Multiply.

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:10 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Another famous Japanese brand Gearbox is the Jatco....i think owned by Nissan...

Pinobii praised this

Fairlady.

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:30 PM

Ake109
  • Premium member
    Ake109
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Another famous Japanese brand Gearbox is the Jatco....i think owned by Nissan...

Yes, part of Nissan but supposedly spun off, not sure if Nissan still holds 100% indirectly.

My Legacy used a jatco JR507. Not the most efficient (slushy compared to say the ZF boxes) but very smooth and very reliable.

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:33 AM

merc280v6
  • merc280v6
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Yes, part of Nissan but supposedly spun off, not sure if Nissan still holds 100% indirectly.

My Legacy used a jatco JR507. Not the most efficient (slushy compared to say the ZF boxes) but very smooth and very reliable.

Agree.
I find Subaru's automatic gearboxes 'slushy'
But their current range all CVT - I'd stay away from these
Kyrios and Pinobii praised this

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:48 AM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

ZF 8HP FTW!!!

aisin old fashion 

Pinobii praised this
Garage36.com

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:59 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Aiyo, this kinda thread again?

Google should consider merging with MCF, maybe called it GCF. [laugh]

Pinobii praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:26 AM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

PDK 7-speed leh?

one gear lesser wor ...

Merc got 9-inches .... oops i mean 9-speed

ZF 8HP FTW!!!

aisin old fashion 

Edited by Wt_know, 05 October 2016 - 11:27 AM.

Pinobii praised this

Posted 06 October 2016 - 06:46 AM

Victor68
  • Victor68
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I have always like to read threads on such subject because of the various 'views' offered. But I also can't understand why so many established manufacturers continue to produce GB or engines that have inherent problems whilst there are others without problem on the road? Patented technology after so many years?

If their GB and Engines are really that fragile, why are they still in the market producing them in the hundreds of thousands with willing buyers? Maybe one day, most cars manufacturers will simply buy parts from suppliers to assemble them, just like what we are seeing in electronics.

Pinobii praised this

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:15 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I have always like to read threads on such subject because of the various 'views' offered. But I also can't understand why so many established manufacturers continue to produce GB or engines that have inherent problems whilst there are others without problem on the road? Patented technology after so many years?

If their GB and Engines are really that fragile, why are they still in the market producing them in the hundreds of thousands with willing buyers? Maybe one day, most cars manufacturers will simply buy parts from suppliers to assemble them, just like what we are seeing in electronics.

Simple. All in the name of faster and more economical.

A gearbox that can shift faster and more fuel efficient dan a regular automatic gearbox. Who don't want?

If your car can out accelerate the other car of the same specs. You feel good what and it puts a smile on your face. LoL...

I was being sacarstic.

It's obviously a gimmick or marketing. Accelerating faster by a few milliseconds ppl also want it. You can see ppl's attraction to "power". Look at some car reviews. They are always comparing which car can go faster. But in reality there's no prize in driving faster on regular roads, only summon or fine.

Car makers come out with something new, claims all kinds of benefit, ppl are sold....until they use it and found out that it's not reliable dispite all the claims. The car makers are out to exploit the minds of drivers today.

Power loss thru transmissions is about 20% but car makers do not tell you that. For an electric car there are not gearbox so minimal power loss. So no matter how the car makers market their gearbox there's that power loss thru transmission.

Edited by Watwheels, 06 October 2016 - 09:24 AM.

Kangadrool, Tenghock, F355 and Lok666 praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 06 October 2016 - 10:03 AM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hi Bro

Any idea which Japanese, Korean, Conti model usese the Aisin GB?? 

I know Lexus?, Citreon GP... any other?? 

Lexus, Peugeot PureTech models (branded a QuickShift gearbox), newer Citroen models (related to Peugeot), BMW 216d.

Volvo also speculated to be using the 8-speed Aisin.

The Koreans use their own gearbox known as A6MF2, and have recently develop their own 8-speed.

Nlatio, Pinobii and Freeder praised this
Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

Dabbler in digital graphics, computer assembly, tech and photography.
「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 07 October 2016 - 01:29 PM

Beehive3783
  • Premium member
    Beehive3783
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

This A6MF2 (6 speed torque converter) is only good and efficient for highway cruising. Max speed in 6th gear is about 130kph. To get higher you have to kick it in 5th gear in manual mode.

Fuel consumption suffers when driving on SG roads (when applied to 1.6L korean car)

Lexus, Peugeot PureTech models (branded a QuickShift gearbox), newer Citroen models (related to Peugeot), BMW 216d.

Volvo also speculated to be using the 8-speed Aisin.

The Koreans use their own gearbox known as A6MF2, and have recently develop their own 8-speed.

Kangadrool, Pinobii and Freeder praised this
Cheers
Ben

Posted 07 October 2016 - 01:53 PM

Nlatio
  • Premium member
    Nlatio
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

This A6MF2 (6 speed torque converter) is only good and efficient for highway cruising. Max speed in 6th gear is about 130kph. To get higher you have to kick it in 5th gear in manual mode.

Fuel consumption suffers when driving on SG roads (when applied to 1.6L korean car)

OIC.

Hmmm what type of ride pair with what GB is good for our road?? Hybrid?? But Hybrid...errrr.... also don't really like CVT esp for B&B ride.... [confused]

Pinobii praised this
________________________________________________________________________________
________
PSN ID: Nlatio

Posted 07 October 2016 - 01:59 PM

Beehive3783
  • Premium member
    Beehive3783
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Frankly if you ask me, the ancient Toyota 4 speed is more than enough for SG roads.

The korean 6 speed auto is inefficient is because its TCU (transmission control unit) is programmed to upshift at every available opportunity, which is not suitable to SG roads at all because it will then end up shifting up and down countless times to cater for start-stop traffic. And this causes poor fuel consumption.

I am currently getting 10.x km/L on SG roads. And the occassional 11km/L if I use the expressways a lot during that particular tank of petrol.

But on NSH, it's a dream. I can get 13-15km/L at speeds of between 110 to 130km/h.

OIC.

Hmmm what type of ride pair with what GB is good for our road?? Hybrid?? But Hybrid...errrr.... also don't really like CVT esp for B&B ride.... [confused]

Nlatio, Tenghock and F355 praised this
Cheers
Ben

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:17 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Toyota 4AT as used for dunno how many decades before they "upgrade" to current CVT. [laugh]

OIC.

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:23 PM

Kayetch
  • Premium member
    Kayetch
    Clutched
    Author Image

Frankly if you ask me, the ancient Toyota 4 speed is more than enough for SG roads.

The korean 6 speed auto is inefficient is because its TCU (transmission control unit) is programmed to upshift at every available opportunity, which is not suitable to SG roads at all because it will then end up shifting up and down countless times to cater for start-stop traffic. And this causes poor fuel consumption.

I am currently getting 10.x km/L on SG roads. And the occassional 11km/L if I use the expressways a lot during that particular tank of petrol.

But on NSH, it's a dream. I can get 13-15km/L at speeds of between 110 to 130km/h.

what car do you drive to get this kind of mileage?

Pinobii praised this

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: citroen, aisin, toyota, conti and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users